ImageImage

PG: Pacers @ Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: PG: Pacers @ Bucks 

Post#61 » by H2tObes » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:43 am

Someone in the game thread said that BJ makes 4-5 passes a game that you would only see from him make about once every 2 games in previous years. This is easily the most evident part of his development this year.

If Ersan didnt miss 4 layups to start the game, Brandon would have put up another 7+ assist game.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#62 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:48 am

I would do Ersan, Gooden and our first for Pau.

If the Lakers laugh and hang up, that's fine.

I'd be leery about dealing Monta right now unless we had something similar in the backcourt to replace him. Yes he's full of brain fart plays, but he draws such crowd on defense I think it helps. This is in contrast to Redd who was "efficient" but always needed screens and plays run for him. And then when Redd got stuck or drove he could never pass his way out of it. Monta > Redd IMO.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#63 » by aboveAverage » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 am

I'm kind of growing on Monta as a slasher and just ignoring the fact that he's inefficient. He always seems to give you at least something positive each game and he opens up the floor pretty nicely just by attacking the rim. It seems to be working well with Brandon now, so I'd like to see it last a bit longer.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#64 » by jr lucosa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 am

I am so against Pau at this point of his career, but if there were a Pau Gasol you could sell me on it would probably be the one you just posted PP, only because it gets us out of Ersan's likely roller coaster ride of a contract, dumps Gooden and were trading a mid first most likely.

I think the Lakers definitely at least consider, but honestly Pau is not the player he use to be. When we look back at seasons end, I think there is a good chance Larry Sanders outproduces Pau Gasol throughout the year, in fact I expect him to.

He really doesn't fit our roster at all, but he could at least do what Ersan has done so far so I couldn't be steaming through my ears if this one actually did come true.
adam10
Senior
And1: 111

Post#65 » by adam10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:35 am

Missed the whole game due to work, anyone got a wrap for me?

Henson with 10!!
LETS GO
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#66 » by trwi7 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:37 am

adam10 wrote:Missed the whole game due to work, anyone got a wrap for me?

Henson with 10!!

Bucks good. Pacers worse than bad.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#67 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:37 am

Biggest takeaway from tonight? My sweet Lord is Indiana a trainwreck without Danny Granger. Like, they were more than happy being done with the game about eight minutes in.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#68 » by kid idioteque » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 am

Someone mentioned on 1250 after the game that Skiles already has his rotations figured out. The last couple years have been a disaster on that front. Really good to see some consistency.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#69 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 am

Pau is still putting up 14/9 with great D. I'd take him and never look back.
Do it for Chuck
adam10
Senior

Post#70 » by adam10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 am

At this current state I don't want Ellis traded unless he fully rules out signing on.

If we get some consistency and win away from home more often then not I think he might like it especially if he gets the chemistry with BJ.
LETS GO
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#71 » by kid idioteque » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:44 am

WEFFPIM wrote:Biggest takeaway from tonight? My sweet Lord is Indiana a trainwreck without Danny Granger. Like, they were more than happy being done with the game about eight minutes in.

Oh, man. Did they look awful and completely uninterested. Their starting lineup went 13/45 with 7 assists.

The crowd was bigger than I expected it to be, but the energy was pretty low in the second half. To their credit, nobody really left before the last 2 minutes of the game.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#72 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 am

Henson with 10!!

Bucks pushed the pace early. Jennings set up Dally with some nice oops and hit a couple threes. Tobes put some nice buckets in and ran the break well. Ersan missed a lot of open jumpers but didn't look completely lost like other games. Larry and Ekpe came in and gave good defense and rebounding. Monta shot a lot of ill advised long twos and Brandon shot a couple 22 second left threes. Our bench didn't contribute much compared to other games. Scrubs went in an Henson made a couple jumpers and attacked a couple times against Brock... err Plumlee. Lamb looked to do way too much and didn't look very good because of it.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
adam10
Senior

Post#73 » by adam10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:58 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Henson with 10!!

Bucks pushed the pace early. Jennings set up Dally with some nice oops and hit a couple threes. Tobes put some nice buckets in and ran the break well. Ersan missed a lot of open jumpers but didn't look completely lost like other games. Larry and Ekpe came in and gave good defense and rebounding. Monta shot a lot of ill advised long twos and Brandon shot a couple 22 second left threes. Our bench didn't contribute much compared to other games. Scrubs went in an Henson made a couple jumpers and attacked a couple times against Brock... err Plumlee. Lamb looked to do way too much and didn't look very good because of it.

Cheers man appreciate it!
LETS GO
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#74 » by Max Green » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:01 am

paul wrote:
Max Green wrote:Yes, we weren't eliminated until their was 4 or 5 games left in the season. Meaningful games, is all games except the last 2 where we pretty much tanked.

Edit: We weren't eliminated until during their was 2 games left in the season.

We weren't technically eliminated until then, but we knew we were dead 5 games earlier after a loss to the Pacers and were pretty sure 3 games before that with that horror loss to the Knicks.

So wait, you're counting every game other than 2 losses even though the previous couple were easily as meaningless?

Seems unbiased :D

That's some revisionist history. Even after the lost to Indy we didn't know we were dead, most figured Indy would also beat Philly, who they played next, and that lost would've put us only 2 games back. We owned the tiebreaker over Philly at the time and we all thought it was gonna come down to final game in the series against them, but they beat Indy that Saturday night, and then we weren't officially unlimited until the following Monday night when they beat the Nets.

After that we tanked the last 2 games so we could hold on to the 12th pick.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#75 » by Max Green » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 am

Another note about the game is that Tobes played some good man D on Paul George. He didn't really start to score until Dunleavy came in the game. Also, Paul George looked like he wanted to cry when he could only get a step or two pass the 3 point line due to Brandon's D.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#76 » by paul » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:20 am

Max Green wrote:
paul wrote:
Max Green wrote:Yes, we weren't eliminated until their was 4 or 5 games left in the season. Meaningful games, is all games except the last 2 where we pretty much tanked.

Edit: We weren't eliminated until during their was 2 games left in the season.

We weren't technically eliminated until then, but we knew we were dead 5 games earlier after a loss to the Pacers and were pretty sure 3 games before that with that horror loss to the Knicks.

So wait, you're counting every game other than 2 losses even though the previous couple were easily as meaningless?

Seems unbiased :D

That's some revisionist history. Even after the lost to Indy we didn't know we were dead, most figured Indy would also beat Philly, who they played next, and that lost would've put us only 2 games back. We owned the tiebreaker over Philly at the time and we all thought it was gonna come down to final game in the series against them, but they beat Indy that Saturday night, and then we weren't officially unlimited until the following Monday night when they beat the Nets.

After that we tanked the last 2 games so we could hold on to the 12th pick.

It's really not, we had the discussion hundreds of times on the board about the nature of the schedule of those around us meaning we had to win at least 2 of the games versus the Knicks x2, Griz, (some other +.500 team) and Indiana x2 to have any chance. We lost all of them and knew with almost 100% certainty we were done after losing to Washington about 5 games out because Philly beat someone the same night, I'm sure you can find the threads. We really knew a fair while before that but there was still a very remote hope until then.

I don't recall us tanking our last two games anyway, last one maybe but wasn't one of them tight against Philly?

Anyway however you want to skew the numbers is up to you guy, seems weird to purposely tarnish them given they look good if you ignore us not beating any decent teams anyway but whatever.
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#77 » by Oscar71 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:27 am

So far, so good.
Aside from moving Gooden, whose DNP's are keeping him fresh and healthy for his next destination, I believe the Bucks should stay pat up to the trade deadline.
Is having the GM, coaching staff, and starting PG all working for their next contracts part of Kohl's exit strategy?
I hope it is, and I hope it works.
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
haubrich91
Junior
And1: 36

Post#78 » by haubrich91 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:32 am

Good win. Two days off before the match-up with the Hornets at the BC. Can't wait.
LUKE23 wrote:Jennings has given up on this team. **** him. Scrap the entire backcourt. One has no heart and the other has no brain. Yellow brick road these **** out of here.
iHeartMKE
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#79 » by iHeartMKE » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 am

Are you guys seriously discussing when we tanked at the end of last year?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#80 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:20 am

jeremyd236 wrote:Is there any team with a glut of SGs we could trade Udoh for? I think at this point a backup SG is the main priority. When LRMAM comes back, the minutes just aren't there.

emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks