ImageImage

PG: Pacers @ Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: PG: Pacers @ Bucks 

Post#121 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Dalembert is the best 1st quarter center in the league. He really has been setting the tone from the get go early on. That was one of my pregame key notes. Getting Dally to go at Hibbert right away. He was offensively productive and defensively disruptive. Hibbert got frustrated by Sam more than a few times and eventually started taking jumpers from outside the paint.

Ellis is not shooting a good percentage still, but I think he still is bringing something to the table. We just need him to be attacking the rim more than he's settling for jumpers. He's the best guy the Bucks have had in a long time who can put pressure on the defense and break it down and finish at the rim. His first step allows him to blow by anyone in the league.

I like what I'm seeing from this team so far. Jennings & Ellis in the backcourt are putting an insane amount of pressure on the ball and creating turnovers. They are running the floor and getting opposing teams to backpedal in transition. The frontline is protecting the rim and starting fast breaks with blocked shots.

Really hope we can keep this up.

Sure looks like the book is out on Dunleavy. Teams are really keying on him and taking away all his looks right now. That's ok cause it's opening up things for others and I think he'll get back to finding good looks eventually.

I would really like to see Ersan starting making point blank shots and layups. Jeez. It's like the guy has 2010 Larry Sanders brain right now. His hands are terrible. He has no patience when he's in the paint. And too much patience when he's got an open jump shot. So maddening watching Ersan continually mess up. Hopefully he gets it turned around soon.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#122 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:03 pm

He's been one of the worst players in the league. He'll be fine, but man, he's crazy terrible right now.
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#123 » by Fed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Ersan reminds me of Bargnani, in the way he's struggling that is.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#124 » by Steve210 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:08 pm

I wouldn't do that trade either, I know Monta might not be a very efficient player, however he's been a big part of why this team is off to such a good start. I think Monta and Jennings feed off each other, and now, if one of them has an off night, the other one is there to pick up the scoring slack. When you have both of them going like they were last night, this team can be a lot of fun to watch. If Ersan ever gets it going, this team could be really dangerous.

I think its comical how much abuse Dalembert and Monta take in here, when both guys have been pretty good thus far. Dalembert owned Hibbert last night, and in the past Hibbert was able to do pretty much whatever he wanted in the paint against us. Now we finally have some legit size to defend the paint. I get the impression Monta just wants to win, he could care less if he's the leading scorer, he's unselfish, and I was concerned initially that he might be a chucker, but I don't think he forces too many shots. Sure he might take a few too many deep two's, but I'm ok with them as long as the ball continues to swing on offense, and they are good looks.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#125 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 pm

He's got the yips inside, but I really don't think he played that badly yesterday. He executed offensively. He pretty much stalemated West. He took one hard to the rim, which was encouraging even though he got blocked. I just want him to start thinking dunk when he catches the ball around the rim. If he has to finish with a layup, fine. But don't start there. Need him attacking.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#126 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Still need to see where we are 20 games in. Our next 13 are:

vs. NOH
@ CHA
@ MIA
vs. CHI
@ CHI
vs. NYK
@ MIN
vs. BOS
@ NOH
@ SAN
vs. CHA
@ BKN
vs. SAC

You're looking at 8 games against playoff teams, with some homecourt possibles in there.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#127 » by vlietinho » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Still need to see where we are 20 games in. Our next 13 are:

vs. NOH
@ CHA
@ MIA
vs. CHI
@ CHI
vs. NYK
@ MIN
vs. BOS
@ NOH
@ SAN
vs. CHA
@ BKN
vs. SAC

You're looking at 8 games against playoff teams, with some homecourt possibles in there.

Yeah, let's not get carried away :D
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#128 » by Steve210 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

vs. NOH
@ CHA
@ MIA
vs. CHI
@ CHI
vs. NYK
@ MIN
vs. BOS
@ NOH
@ SAN
vs. CHA
@ BKN
vs. SAC

I'm looking forward to see how the Bucks measure up to the Heat and then back to back against the Bulls, and then the Knicks. I think those 4 games will tell us a lot about just how good these guys can be.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#129 » by paul » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:31 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Pacer fans melting down at this thread.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread. ... s-Postgame

Fire the coach, tank, Hibbert a bum now that he got paid, trade West for Monta, etc. We can't win with Granger injured. It all sounds oh so familiar.

Hibbert 9 games in is putting up 8/8 at 38% from the field and 40% from the line in 30mpg. Saying he's been a bum this season is a MASSIVE understatement, I'd have to do a little research but he might have been the worst established starter in the league so far.

If he doesn't turn it around like instantly they are in big trouble.
emunney
RealGM

Post#130 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I hope they give up on Paul George. I don't think he's going to be an all-star or anything, but he'd be a freakishly good fit for us.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#131 » by paul » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm

vs. NOH
@ CHA
@ MIA
vs. CHI
@ CHI
vs. NYK
@ MIN
vs. BOS
@ NOH
@ SAN
vs. CHA
@ BKN
vs. SAC

Yeah the schedule starts to toughen up a bit after the next two, though Chicago are anything but unbeatable right now. Other than the Spurs we still don't really hit any of the tough WC teams yet, need to really get in front of the ledger before we do.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#132 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Newz wrote:I'm curious to see if Ersan just becomes another dead weight contract. Man has he been terrible so far.

Gery Woelfel had an interesting tweet during the game last night:

Ersan Ilyasova's shooting woes continue: He's 1-6 vs. Pacers. Told me he's been losing sleep, fretting about his slump

This is disappointing. I know Ersan can get in his own head at times, but losing sleep? C'mon man. The Bucks are finally playing some good basketball. Get out of your own head. You can see it on the court, too. Short arming two footers, having rebounds bounce off his hands, etc. I'm sure theres also added pressure to live up to his new contract. But the team is playing well. Just go out and ball.
emunney
RealGM

Post#133 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

At least he cares. He'll figure it out.

It should be pretty obvious that the Pacers' biggest problem is that they don't have anybody who's good at creating offense. Right now the best they have is West and he can't pass for ****. You can just match up with them and make them try to shoot over the top of you.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,564

Post#134 » by JayMKE » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm

trade for Monta?

FREE GIANNIS
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#135 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Steve210 wrote:I get the impression Monta just wants to win, he could care less if he's the leading scorer, he's unselfish, and I was concerned initially that he might be a chucker, but I don't think he forces too many shots. Sure he might take a few too many deep two's, but I'm ok with them as long as the ball continues to swing on offense, and they are good looks.

I'm with you about the "just wanting to win" part. He has a "look" in his eyes similar to Jennings. Ellis takes a lot of tough shots and makes a lot of tough shots. Also, similar to Jennings. Ideally, we want them both around 45% from the floor. Ellis has actually reached 45% multiple times in his career. And Jennings continues to improve. I don't have an issue with their shot selection.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#136 » by step3profit » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 pm

If Jennings and Monta both shoot 45% or better, the team wins 50.

I just don't think either of them will shoot 45%, let alone both.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#137 » by Badgerlander » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:58 pm

@noamschiller: If the playoffs started tonight, your Eastern Conference 2-7 matchup would be Milwaukee-Charlotte.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#138 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm

emunney wrote:At least he cares. He'll figure it out.

It should be pretty obvious that the Pacers' biggest problem is that they don't have anybody who's good at creating offense. Right now the best they have is West and he can't pass for ****. You can just match up with them and make them try to shoot over the top of you.

Yeah, this is why I never really fret the "he got his money so now he'll just pack it in" stuff with Ilyasova. Hecares and he's going to keep busting his ass.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,448

Post#139 » by -Jragon- » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Overlooked detail: Jennings, being so young, has been very impressionable in his early years here. Not having cry babies/attitudes like Bogut and Stephen Jackson has to help him. Everyone works hard and hustles. I know that Monta has some bad plays, but he is always hustling which has a positive impact on the team's overall hustle. When the leader is willing to work hard and run it's contagious. Past leaders like Glen R, Redd, and Bogut were usually injured and often out of shape. Our current leaders and the rest of this team can run all day which is fun too watch :D Trading Monta for Pau will probably hurt that more than help. Plus as his layups continue to go in, his efficiency will improve (even if slightly) and should lead to more W's.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#140 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Newz wrote:I'm curious to see if Ersan just becomes another dead weight contract. Man has he been terrible so far.

Gery Woelfel had an interesting tweet during the game last night:

Ersan Ilyasova's shooting woes continue: He's 1-6 vs. Pacers. Told me he's been losing sleep, fretting about his slump

This is disappointing. I know Ersan can get in his own head at times, but losing sleep? C'mon man. The Bucks are finally playing some good basketball. Get out of your own head. You can see it on the court, too. Short arming two footers, having rebounds bounce off his hands, etc. I'm sure theres also added pressure to live up to his new contract. But the team is playing well. Just go out and ball.

Jonny Mac noted during the game that if Ersan doesn't hit his first couple shots he gets very down and talkative to himself and it really snowballs from there. I have to say I'm the same way when I'm playing pickup. If I make my first 2 of 3 I feel like a superstar. If I start 0-4, I'll stop shooting and just rebound, play defense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks