ImageImage

PG: Pacers @ Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,599

Re: PG: Pacers @ Bucks 

Post#161 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Still slow compared to what Monta's used to.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,237

Post#162 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:44 pm

If we continue to defensive rebound like we have been, I see very little chance we don't lead the league in pace, possibly by a huge margin.
emunney
RealGM

Post#163 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 pm

We're playing defense too well to lead by a huge margin. Not allowing much early offense.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#164 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:49 pm

True.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#165 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Hollinger:

Larry Sanders, Milwaukee

The less we speak of Milwaukee's starting frontcourt, the better. But the good news is that their struggles have allowed Sanders to shine off the bench. The Colonel can't start anyway because he fouls so much -- a whistle every five minutes. In fact, he's committed 31 fouls in six games, just five short of the maximum 36. But when Sanders isn't hacking, he's providing some serious athletic dynamism.

He has one of the league's highest blocked shot rates, is pulling down better than a board every three minutes and is shooting 65 percent on the floor -- mostly because he's realized that dunking the ball is a lot easier than trying to spot up from 15 feet.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#166 » by Badgerlander » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6-1m8wOXOaU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SUwem_rSig&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lNm6Ialxkbk[/youtube]
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#167 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Another solid win, Jennings looked really in control and in charge the whole time he was on the court, Sanders has just been great and Tobias is a big boy up close... Pacers are awful
emunney
RealGM

Post#168 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTPznGC99k[/youtube]
emunney
RealGM

Post#169 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:27 pm

This was a great play by Monta.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSam6L2rpM4[/youtube]
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#170 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Max Green wrote:@ MIA
vs. CHI
@ CHI
vs. NYK

Man, that's a brutal stretch. I'd be really happy finishing 2-2.

I never like looking ahead on the schedule or projecting wins and losses. Its pointless. In every professional sport. Because any team can beat any other team on any given night. But I especially hate it in regards to the Bucks. Why? Because before the season, everyone gives their projected W/L record, which is fine. But after, say a strong start, the folks who projected doom and gloom for the season will always have an excuse for a Bucks' win. You'll see "well, yeah, they're 7-2 but New Orleans sucks, Charlotte sucks, Granger was out for the Pacers, Holiday was in foul trouble for the Sixers, Boston just had a bad game, the Lakers are having a down year, the entire East sucks.... and on and on and on. Or if the Bucks lose at home on Saturday, you'll see a lot of: "thats why you don't throw a party after 7 games....toooooold you" Pretty soon, the only chance at a "quality" win is against the Heat or Thunder. But these are the same folks who had the Bucks at 32-50 before the season. So how can any Bucks win be diminished in any way if they're already one of the worst teams in basketball? Thats why every year I give the Bucks a clean slate and take it game by game. Don't let years of Bucks frustration prevent you from enjoying this season.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#171 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Was great being at the game too in good seats block 227. Amazing experience and got to see a good win.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#172 » by Steve210 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Max Green wrote:@ MIA
vs. CHI
@ CHI
vs. NYK

Man, that's a brutal stretch. I'd be really happy finishing 2-2.

I never like looking ahead on the schedule or projecting wins and losses. Its pointless. In every professional sport. Because any team can beat any other team on any given night. But I especially hate it in regards to the Bucks. Why? Because before the season, everyone gives their projected W/L record, which is fine. But after, say a strong start, the folks who projected doom and gloom for the season will always have an excuse for a Bucks' win. You'll see "well, yeah, they're 7-2 but New Orleans sucks, Charlotte sucks, Granger was out for the Pacers, Holiday was in foul trouble for the Sixers, Boston just had a bad game, the Lakers are having a down year, the entire East sucks.... and on and on and on. Or if the Bucks lose at home on Saturday, you'll see a lot of: "thats why you don't throw a party after 7 games....toooooold you" Pretty soon, the only chance at a "quality" win is against the Heat or Thunder. But these are the same folks who had the Bucks at 32-50 before the season. So how can any Bucks win be diminished in any way if they're already one of the worst teams in basketball? Thats why every year I give the Bucks a clean slate and take it game by game. Don't let years of Bucks frustration prevent you from enjoying this season.

I agree 100%, all of us Bucks fans have witnessed a lot of bad basketball, some of us have witnessed a lot more than others. We all tend to have players we like, and players we don't like, and I see so much arguing and defending one's view points that I think some people start to miss the big picture. 5-2 is WAY TOO EARLY to get too excited, but it's not too early to be cautiously optimistic about the season. Let's enjoy this good start, and hope they can keep things rolling!

On a side note, I'm not quite sure how to feel for the Warriors fans right now? I'm just happy that we aren't the ones sitting around waiting for the next Andrew Bogut injury update. I like Andrew, and think he's class act and a quality guy, but I just don't think he's ever going to be the same player he was prior the elbow injury. Now he has the ankle injury, and it's always something, some on here rip the trade, some debate back and forth how we could have got more, blah blah, I'm just glad the organization has moved on in another direction, and so far so good.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Post#173 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
emunney wrote: #1 defensive rebounding

This is the stunning part, we were awful last year in def rebs

Imagine how good our rebounding would be if we traded Udoh!!!!!!
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#174 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:On a different note, simple +/- through 7:

Godleavy: +101
Sanders: +42
Udoh: +33
Ellis: +25
Udrih: +19
Daniels: +14
Jennings: +6
Henson: -7
Gorilla: -24
Ilyasova: -28
Dalembert: -36
Lamb: -40
Harris: -70

Harris -70... I like +/- but like any stat, its worthless on its own.

Harris plays pretty much exclusively with the starting unit and Dunleavy with the bench guys. It's just a good representation of how we are playing to start the first and third quarters.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#175 » by Badgerlander » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:
emunney wrote: #1 defensive rebounding

This is the stunning part, we were awful last year in def rebs

Imagine how good our rebounding would be if we traded Udoh!!!!!!

Yeah Gooden is a better rebounder
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
KeyRabbit
Rookie
And1: 38

Post#176 » by KeyRabbit » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Better outlet passes for sure
RealGM

Post#177 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:55 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Yeah Gooden is a better rebounder

I was going to continue this joke by posting their career rebounding rates but it turns out Gooden doesn't even exist when you check out our team for this season on basketball reference. Hooray for him not getting a second of game time. :D
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,448

Post#178 » by -Jragon- » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:47 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:On a different note, simple +/- through 7:

Godleavy: +101
Sanders: +42
Udoh: +33
Ellis: +25
Udrih: +19
Daniels: +14
Jennings: +6
Henson: -7
Gorilla: -24
Ilyasova: -28
Dalembert: -36
Lamb: -40
Harris: -70

Harris -70... I like +/- but like any stat, its worthless on its own.

Harris plays pretty much exclusively with the starting unit and Dunleavy with the bench guys. It's just a good representation of how we are playing to start the first and third quarters.

I think the top 5 guys on there play well together. Last night during the 2nd, I believe, that lineup was playing and someone (I think it was J. Mac) slipped and said nice lineup right after the commercial break than quickly changed the subject. lol But yeah, that was a good segment of basketball: offense, hustle, passing and shot making.

Ellis's +/- surprised me a little bit with how high it was (because of his perceived defensive flaws), but he is such a threat on offense that he is dangerous wherever he has the ball on the floor and gets to the paint skillfully at will.
Down To Buck
Senior
And1: 306

Post#179 » by Down To Buck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Sadly I missed the game, I like seeing games where we actually play well and get to play the scrubs. John Henson is gonna be a beast. But he has to learn not to shoot it every time. :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_WTWS3Jqec[/youtube]
Check out my NBA Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/DownToBuck
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,390

Post#180 » by randy84 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Authority wrote:Sadly I missed the game, I like seeing games where we actually play well and get to play the scrubs. John Henson is gonna be a beast. But he has to learn not to shoot it every time. :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_WTWS3Jqec[/youtube]

He has to make the most of his 7 mins of playing time.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks