OT: Barkley Says Bogut Done

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 746

Re: OT: Barkley Says Bogut Done 

Post#21 » by tonyreyes123 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 am

Bogut is done.
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#22 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Hope he comes back but I really don't care at this point, he's not our problem anymore.

Our problem now is Monta.

pfft
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#23 » by Max Green » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:32 am

blazza18 wrote:
Max Green wrote:
We're 17-11 in games Monta has played, that's a helluva problem.

Tell me again how many came against below .500 teams ?

I only recall 1 from last season. It obviously will be and has been a different story so far this season.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#24 » by cam2win » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:32 am

The anti-Monta crowd cracks me up. Glad you all have a random place to release your frustration.

In regards to the topic, it would be a shame to see Bogut done but reality is how many guys his size with that many injuries suddenly improve? I think if he chooses to quit playing he could have use as sort of a younger Joel Pryzbilla. I just don't know how much drive he has left and to be fair he has had some bad luck and suffered one of the worst basketball injuries I've ever seen.
Max Green
RealGM

Post#25 » by Max Green » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Max Green wrote:We're 17-11 in games Monta has played, that's a helluva problem.

And we completely folded against just about every good team and Monta is averaging 20 shots a game on a 48% true shooting percentage. That isn't good. At all.

Yeah we lost against good teams last season, we had no chance against them starting a hurt Defino and Drew Gooden at Center. Monta isn't efficient at all but he's brought other things to the table that's helping us win games.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#26 » by paul » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 am

Max Green wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Max Green wrote:We're 17-11 in games Monta has played, that's a helluva problem.

And we completely folded against just about every good team and Monta is averaging 20 shots a game on a 48% true shooting percentage. That isn't good. At all.

Yeah last we lost against good teams last season, we had no chance starting a hurt Defino and Drew Gooden at Center. Monta isn't efficient at all but he's brought other things to the table that's helping us win games.

Which good teams have we beaten this season? Boston once and....

I'm pleased we've started well but considering how bad Indy and Philly are right now we're hardly at bragging stage. Anyway, carry on.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#27 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 am

We're winning far more with D than O right now, so I really don't like the "we won X games with Ellis, that means he makes us a good team". Theoretically, we could be better with someone else and it would be pretty easy to make that argument. We're the 17th ranked offense right now, so it's not like he's been a major impact there yet this season. We're winning on D, and most specifically interior D and defensive rebounding.

But basically, I just hate the, "our record with X is Y" arguments. Supporting cast matters. As does schedule.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#28 » by JayMKE » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 am

The only positive is that Monta brings is that Jennings plays better without having the pressure to be the man every night. As far as Monta own performance...
FREE GIANNIS
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,394

Post#29 » by randy84 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 am

Why is everyone so sure Ersan will regain is form? Even if he reverts to his career norm that still isn't very good.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#30 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 am

montas had a subpar start for him and a huge impact for us. hes outshooting curry and thompson and whatever other whatever that was supposed to be a better return with gs as a trade partner.

at this point bogut is just an average big when hes healthy. his injurys are just prolonging his relevency. if he ever does get back on the court then hes gonna lose that too. udoh and sanders have brighter futures in this league then bogut and im glad im not a gs fan. theyve had it worse than us even.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#31 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:45 am

randy84 wrote:Why is everyone so sure Ersan will regain is form? Even if he reverts to his career norm that still isn't very good.

Because it's been 7 games. Do you ever talk about any other players, by the way?
Max Green
RealGM

Post#32 » by Max Green » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 am

paul wrote:

I'm pleased we've started well but considering how bad Indy and Philly are right now we're hardly at bragging stage. Anyway, carry on.

Philly who was 4-2 at the time was still considered a good team before we thumped them. We weren't favorites in either game going in, and Indy despite their record, they still had West & Hibbert who owned us the previous season.

Keep trying to discredit the record all you want, but a Win is a Win. And we haven't been a winning team in a couple of years.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#33 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:montas had a subpar start for him and a huge impact for us..

I don't know how true this is, given our offensive ranks in most categories currently. Unless you're going to argue he's a catalyst behind our D, which I'd disagree with.
paul
RealGM

Post#34 » by paul » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:montas had a subpar start for him and a huge impact for us. hes outshooting curry and thompson and whatever other whatever that was supposed to be a better return with gs as a trade partner.

at this point bogut is just an average big when hes healthy. his injurys are just prolonging his relevency. if he ever does get back on the court then hes gonna lose that too. udoh and sanders have brighter futures in this league then bogut and im glad im not a gs fan. theyve had it worse than us even.

Wait, seriously, was it like a week ago you had chucked Monta under the bus? Screw him, F him, he's a disgrace, screw them all, etc?

My god man.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,394

Post#35 » by randy84 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 am

LUKE23 wrote:
randy84 wrote:Why is everyone so sure Ersan will regain is form? Even if he reverts to his career norm that still isn't very good.

Because it's been 7 games. Do you ever talk about any other players, by the way?

Ersan's career has been more than seven games.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#36 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 am

Max Green wrote:Yeah we lost against good teams last season, we had no chance against them starting a hurt Defino and Drew Gooden at Center. Monta isn't efficient at all but he's brought other things to the table that's helping us win games.

I'm not saying we should trade Monta for a TPE and future second. We just traded Andrew Bogut for him and despite his faults, he still has value. Monta brings some stuff to the table, and all of that plus some is replicated by Jennings. Bringing in a shooting guard that would actually compliment Jennings would push this team even further, make us an even better team then we're seeing now. Add into the fact that Monta has a looming contract situation and you have even more reason to move him. I'm almost hoping Jennings get a big extension this season to lower the likelihood of resigning Monta, replacing him is one easy way to make this team better.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#37 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:48 am

Max Green wrote:
Keep trying to discredit the record all you want, but a Win is a Win. And we haven't been a winning team in a couple of years.

True, but most of this is due to our current defense. If we're going to laud anything as of right now, it would be the addition of Udoh and the development of Sanders. Our O is below league average currently and worse than it ended last season.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#38 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 am

randy84 wrote:Ersan's career has been more than seven games.

Yes, and his career production is fine.
paul
RealGM

Post#39 » by paul » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 am

Max Green wrote:
paul wrote:

Philly who was 4-2 at the time was still considered a good team before we thumped them. We weren't favorites in either game going in, and Indy despite their record, they still had West & Hibbert who owned us the previous season.

We're all happy with it Max, your take has just been surely purposely narrow minded to suit your agenda - and I'm sure intended to piss people off. You can't honestly believe that Monta has been the driving force behind every win we've had in that time, yet you CONSTANTLY spew out the....

Oh F it lol, I'm done.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#40 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 am

were winning with pressure at the points of attack, rebounding, shotblocking and pace. monta is playing a large roll with several of those. his +/- is the best of the starters and when he gets his % up to career norms there wont be a single argument against him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks