Post#281 » by Lippo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:58 pm

i concur
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Re: OT: Barkley Says Bogut Done 

Post#282 » by emunney » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:Haven't seen this posted here yet:

“California is a great place to live. My house is 20 minutes drive from Oakland and the climate is all I could wish for. I have everything here and I am enjoying it, 100 times better than Milwaukee,” said Bogut.

http://www.croatiaweek.com/nba-star-and ... -generals/

I'm not saying Milwaukee is a great place to live, but to throw the city in a quote unprompted like that sounds like sour grapes to me. You'd think the guy would be kissing the city's butt for allowing him to steal money from its NBA franchise through all his injuries...

Ironically, I'm 100x happier now that Bogut's out of Milwaukee. The guy was a bum. And a bust.

Speaking of sour grapes.

I'm happy to move forward without Bogut, but I think we can all agree it would be pretty sweet to live in the Bay Area and pull down 8 figures to play hypothetical basketball. I wouldn't take it personally.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#283 » by Lippo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Buck You wrote:
Lippo wrote:Plus the fact that his level of play was 2x better in games for Australia than it was for the Bucks, led to to believe he didn't care as much for his NBA teammates, and they were not worth it to him.

Or just the competition level is completely different.

Bogut was pretty much the same guy except he had 3 point range for Australia. :D

If Bogut could have choose between Australia winning the gold and or the Bucks winning a Championship, which you think he would have chosen? He played hurt more readily for Australia, he even risked his health for the Bucks to play in while injured in the Olympics. Face it he didn't really like Milwaukee, just like Jackson and Ellis, and for all the talk against the bling bling players, he winds up in Cali and loves it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#284 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:20 pm

It would take a ton for me to move from Wisconsin to anywhere else but for a professional athlete that has no ties to the city other than it was the team that drafted him, who wouldn't want to live in the Bay Area over Milwaukee?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#285 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:30 pm

trwi7 wrote:It would take a ton for me to move from Wisconsin to anywhere else but for a professional athlete that has no ties to the city other than it was the team that drafted him, who wouldn't want to live in the Bay Area over Milwaukee?

You're obviously missing the point. Nobody is knocking living in the Bay Area, it's the fact Bogut had to throw in the "100x better than Milwaukee" quote. Why not just leave it at "living in the Bay Area is great."

I love reading those Bucks fans who still feel the need to stick up for this joker. Add him to the list of Milwaukee athletes that was treasured by fans even though he never turned out to be a star player.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#286 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 pm

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. He's enjoying living there more than Milwaukee, not exactly news whether it be because of the weather, the bigger market or whatever.

It's not sticking up for him, I think most of us are just realistic that when a player gets traded from here to Golden State or Los Angeles or Phoenix or New York or Miami that they're going to like it "100x better than Milwaukee." He probably didn't need to say it and if he didn't we all probably knew that he liked it better than Milwaukee, just like every other athlete with no ties to either area would.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,060

Post#287 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:36 pm

I think trwi7 is correct, to people with no ties here, obviously warm climate is going to be better. And Bogut is kind of a loose cannon at times, so not totally surprised by this. Did he have to include Milwaukee in that statement? No. But that's just who he is. And Hammond has been fairly critical of Bogut at times, so I think there is definite sour grapes, bad blood, etc. Bogut is still in his honeymoon period out there as well, so all is going to be well...for now.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#288 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:42 pm

And I still feel in the end this trade is going to be non news in like 2-3 years. Bogut will be a limited time center, Ellis will be out of Milwaukee, and neither team will be vastly improved b/c of this trade.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#289 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:44 pm

N8Frog wrote:I think trwi7 is correct, to people with no ties here, obviously warm climate is going to be better. And Bogut is kind of a loose cannon at times, so not totally surprised by this. Did he have to include Milwaukee in that statement? No. But that's just who he is. And Hammond has been fairly critical of Bogut at times, so I think there is definite sour grapes, bad blood, etc. Bogut is still in his honeymoon period out there as well, so all is going to be well...for now.

Don't you actually have to produce to be in a "honeymoon" period? If I was Bogut, I would be trying to lay as low as possible in the Bay Area and not draw even more attention to the fact you're spending more time talking to newspapers than playing in games.

It's not like the fans wanted him there in the first place. Queue up the video of the fans booing the owner of the GSW the day after the trade during the Chris Mullen jersey retirement ceremony.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#290 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:59 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
N8Frog wrote:I think trwi7 is correct, to people with no ties here, obviously warm climate is going to be better. And Bogut is kind of a loose cannon at times, so not totally surprised by this. Did he have to include Milwaukee in that statement? No. But that's just who he is. And Hammond has been fairly critical of Bogut at times, so I think there is definite sour grapes, bad blood, etc. Bogut is still in his honeymoon period out there as well, so all is going to be well...for now.

Don't you actually have to produce to be in a "honeymoon" period? If I was Bogut, I would be trying to lay as low as possible in the Bay Area and not draw even more attention to the fact you're spending more time talking to newspapers than playing in games.

It's not like the fans wanted him there in the first place. Queue up the video of the fans booing the owner of the GSW the day after the trade during the Chris Mullen jersey retirement ceremony.

I think it depends and the media/fans dictate the honeymoon period. Right now you don't see a ton of articles killing the Warriors, Bogut, etc so he's obviously still getting a pass which I consider the honeymoon period. However the longer he is out, at some point that is going to end and he'll start feeling some heat. And they are 8-6 right now, so the fans aren't too upset. If they start losing and Bogut isn't producing, things may get more dicey and the Bay Area may not seem as fun.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#291 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm guessing once the #6 was issued to a guy we signed on the eve of camp for the veteran's minimum was the last straw for Andrew.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#292 » by DickCunningham » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Andrew who? I've forgotten about him until/if he becomes relevant again. I'm not a fan of Monta for the moment, but at least he plays, and he's even amazing once in awhile.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,044

Post#293 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:26 pm

DickCunningham wrote:Andrew who? I've forgotten about him until/if he becomes relevant again. I'm not a fan of Monta for the moment, but at least he plays, and he's even amazing once in awhile.

Everyone keeps chasing the squirrel that the trade was all about Monta. We never come close to doing that trade unless we get Udoh and dump Jackson's contract (and Bogut's contract) giving us the money to pay Ersan.

So would you rather have Ersan and Udoh or microfracture Bogut with a contract you have to worry about extending next year? I'd prefer Ersan and Udoh but if you still don't approve of that trade, at least be intellectually honest about it and accept the fact we got a lot more back than just "Monta"

Monta is simply a middling stopgap asset that we may keep, let expire or monetize in a trade.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#294 » by LUKE23 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:33 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Monta is simply a middling stopgap asset that we may keep, let expire or monetize in a trade.

Lets hope "extension" never becomes part of the above options. That's my only fear at this point. But I also think we completely waste him as a trade asset too.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#295 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 pm

It's not news that a pro athlete likes living in Cali during Sept-April more than living in Wisconsin Sept-April.

I think most of the general population would sincerely prefer the weather and climate in Cali during those months as well.

The fact that they lied about the microfracture surgery tells me we made the right choice with Bogut.

He's never going to be 2010 Bogut ever again. It's not happening. He will play again, but not at an elite level.

I just don't see it.

He was supposed to practice on Monday in hopes to play on Saturday. Pushed back again.

I can't see him being a real difference maker this season. Maybe next year when he's playing for a contract.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,583

Post#296 » by JayMKE » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
DickCunningham wrote:Andrew who? I've forgotten about him until/if he becomes relevant again. I'm not a fan of Monta for the moment, but at least he plays, and he's even amazing once in awhile.

Everyone keeps chasing the squirrel that the trade was all about Monta. We never come close to doing that trade unless we get Udoh and dump Jackson's contract (and Bogut's contract) giving us the money to pay Ersan.

So would you rather have Ersan and Udoh or microfracture Bogut with a contract you have to worry about extending next year? I'd prefer Ersan and Udoh but if you still don't approve of that trade, at least be intellectually honest about it and accept the fact we got a lot more back than just "Monta"

Monta is simply a middling stopgap asset that we may keep, let expire or monetize in a trade.

There isn't a way to spin this deal. Coupling our best asset in order to move our most toxic one that we acquired not even a year earlier is just pathetic and should be a fireable offense all around. The main point of the Bogut trade was to make the playoffs last year, we didn't and the only reason we might make it this year is because of how terrible the east is and even that is iffy imo.

Bogut had his injuries and missed a lot of game but Monta makes you wish he was injured. The guy is just toxic. Another in the long line of Hammond epic fails. Most people that like this trade assume that Monta will opt out and that we won't resign him(we're definitely not trading him when we have a shot at the 8th seed), tells you a lot about the trade.

I like Udoh, he's a nice bench big. He's not going to change the direction of this franchise or be a longer term asset, just for the length of his current contract I would imagine.

I think I would of made any other possible Bogut as well as sitting on him before I'd make the Monta trade. Most people agree that we could of gotten Curry instead of Monta, easily a better trade right there. An injury prone player is still better than a cancerous one that plays in every game.
FREE GIANNIS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#297 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Curry would have been a better trade. No arguments there. Additionally, we could have dealt him for more at any time before he broke his ankle but we elected not to.

But outside of that, given the fact pattern of Bogut's health post trade, there isn't much there to complain about anymore regarding what we did. As I've noted on here for the past month, had we kept Bogut past the trade deadline, he would have become damn near untradeable save for a really bad contract coming back this way.

When they did the surgery in May, they did a micro-fracture on his ankle. That would have needed to have been disclosed to other teams and his value last June or right now would have been about 20% of what it was on March 13 when we dealt him.

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#298 » by emunney » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 pm

I still think Curry's ankles are going to hinder him throughout his career. I'm glad we got Udoh, who we should be able to retain for less than he's worth. And I think the follow-up to the Curry trade would have been pretty bad.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#299 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

emunney wrote:I still think Curry's ankles are going to hinder him throughout his career.

I think the Bucks made a fair choice here between Curry and taking the package we took. I would have gambled on Curry as option one, let him play this year for a contract to prove he was healthy and amnestied Stephen Jackson. But it isn't my money and Kohl really wanted to make sure he got a solid asset package of healthy players and salary relief for Bogut rather than gamble on Curry's ankles.

The real question is whether Udoh gets better or stays the same player. This is only year three but then again he's 25 years old. If he's last nights player who has no hands but can anchor a defense for 25-30mpg as your primary back-up big, that is a valuable player to have. But if he can somehow take a leap in his scoring and rebounding numbers, then you've got a guy who arguably is better than 2012 Bogut.

step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#300 » by step3profit » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Put me solidly in the camp that doesn't think we could have gotten much more for Bogut. I wouldn't want Curry. What's the point in trading one broken man for another?

That doesn't mean I like Monta. It just means that I'm pretty happy with the players at the 4 & 5, like the depth there, and like cap space. Udoh is a baller.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks