ImageImage

OT: Barkley Says Bogut Done

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Re: OT: Barkley Says Bogut Done 

Post#441 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Both guys had their careers severely hampered by bad ankles. That was mid's reason for coming out of hibernation and digging that 7 year old gem up. Right? :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#442 » by kid idioteque » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:59 am

In the end, the Bucks and the Warriors just exchanged problems (the old "junk for junk" cliche). Luckily, we got Udoh (and got rid of Jackson) in the deal and Ellis is currently worth more on the trade market than Bogut. If Ellis can become more productive (wishful thinking, probably) or yield an asset via trade, we easily got the better part of the trade.

I see that some Warriors fans are finally coming to the realization that Bogut might not ever be 100% again. That ship sailed in 2010. I think the right question is whether or not he can play the majority of a season ever again. I think that's a 50/50 proposition at best.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#443 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 am

If we wait just a little bit longer, his stock could go from 52 cents to 53 cents.
Lucky Striker
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#444 » by Lucky Striker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:46 am

Bucks fans will assume the worst, Warriors fans will assume the best. Nobody here, outside of an orthopedic surgeon that may be lingering around, has a clue about what his future will be.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#445 » by Jez2983 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:42 am

Lucky Striker wrote:Bucks fans will assume the worst, Warriors fans will assume the best. Nobody here, outside of an orthopedic surgeon that may be lingering around, has a clue about what his future will be.

Orthopaedic surgeons don't even know. They like to cut and nail things together and always think they'll be fine. If they didn't, why would they do the surgery at all?

An ankles not as bad as a knee, but microfracture sucks. If your best option of getting something to happen is to drill holes in it so it bleeds and then hopefully heals, your in trouble.

Like A'mare, if GS get a season or 2 from Bogut they should be happy.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#446 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#447 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 pm

That link was great.....Gardner actually dinged the Bucks for how they handle injuries.

Bogut tells truth on surgery
By Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel Nov. 30, 2012 9:42 a.m.
TWEET
EMAIL PRINT |(4) COMMENTS
Former Bucks center Andrew Bogut got tired of the Golden State Warriors' company line on his injury.

So he revealed that he had more intensive microfracture surgery in April to repair the left ankle he injured as a member of the Bucks last January.

Sound familiar?

Now the line is that Bogut will be out indefinitely. The Warriors knocked off Denver on Thursday night to improve to 9-6.

But Bogut's situation is hanging over the Warriors the same way it plagued the Bucks during his last two years in Milwaukee.

Unfortunately for him, it won't really be resolved until he can get on the court and stay there for a considerable length of time.

Bogut was always known in Milwaukee for being candid about his injuries, which at times was frustrating to management.

So it had to be tough for him to say nothing and sit on the bench in a suit.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,973

Post#448 » by drew881 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 6:59 pm

A healthy Bogut, the one who was at the top of his game in April 2010 before being injured at the Bradley Center, was a franchise-changer.

Some nice hyperbole there.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks