EvanZ wrote:
I think Bogut is done.

LOL, you're going to fit right in.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: OT: Barkley Says Bogut Done 

Post#322 » by trwi7 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

You shouldn't trust a guy named Ferkel to begin with. Urkel on the other hand.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#323 » by Chapter29 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 pm

For the fans, the only way the trade makes sense is if Bogut is damaged goods. If he were to recover from this injury and remain healthy for the rest of his career we made a bad / unlucky move trading him. If he continues down this path of being out and then even hurts himself again, we would have traded what we thought we traded, an injury prone under achieving first overall pick. So Bogut is the bad guy, we need him hurt to justify the trade and being stuck with this midget backcourt.

For me I have mixed feelings. I like Bogut and wish he was a Buck, but a healthy Buck. I think we made the right decision because I do feel he is injury prone and clearly damaged goods to at least some degree. But really only time will tell. So far he's missed most of the 2011 season and looks like he'll miss at least say half of the 2012 season and then what will he bring this year if anything of substance?

On his recent comments....I am not a professional ball player and I will say that California is 1000x better than Milwaukee. A very large percentage of people would agree with that. Lets not be in denial folks. He probably didn't hate Milwaukee, probably hated the climate, but Cali is definitely better on all fronts. Its not like he went to Detroit. With that said, he is on the GS Warriors and they haven't been all that great of an organization either.
Giannis
is
UponUs
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#324 » by blazza18 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 pm

I still think its **** up that he actually came out and played some minutes. But playing with pain is something he's done in the past. And It's not like Golden State were like us and had no decent backup so he was rushed into returning early either.

Get your body right big man. No way will he ever go back to his FTD days but I still think he can help a good team win.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,051

Post#325 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 pm

paul wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
I think Bogut is done.

LOL, you're going to fit right in.

:lol:

He's welcome here anytime. Heh. He's not getting much traction over on their board. They are all drinking the kool aid that their organization did nothing wrong when not disclosing the MF procedure. We can wait a few months and see if Woelfel decides to report on this new item.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#326 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:25 pm

I feel exactly the same way today as I did when the trade took place. Good trade for both teams. Obviously riskier for Golden State considering Bogut's injury history and the simple fact that he's a massive human being inching closer to 30 years of age. But thats a risk you're willing to take for a shut down defender and arguably a top-5 NBA center when healthy. I also said that Warriors' roster has the most talented collection of players Bogut has ever played with, and that if Bogut and Curry each played 70 games Golden State would win 50+ games. Obviously thats not happening anymore.... but both the Bucks and Warriors are in first place... so, see, good trade for both teams. :D
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#327 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 pm

You would have to think Bogut will want to at least be back by January 26.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#328 » by eagle13 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm

I grew up in Wisco and now live in California. It IS 1000x better. No knock on wis intended.
Weather
Ocean
Mountains
variety of food options
quality fresh produce year round
wide variety of activities
wide variety of people
tons of great music even on the street & coffee shops
more art galleries, museums, etc

I am grateful to have lived in Wisconsin. Pretty in autumn. Good People.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#329 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:03 pm

eagle13 wrote:I grew up in Wisco and now live in California. It IS 1000x better.

I'm sure Milwaukee has its charm. I haven't lived there in years. I just think that the people who like living there have likely never spent a good amount of time living anywhere else.

The next time I hear someone say "I want to move to Milwaukee" will be the first time I hear it. As a contrast, I hear people from LA and NY talking about moving to Minneapolis often, and the weather here is HORRID (in the fall/winter).
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#330 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
eagle13 wrote:I grew up in Wisco and now live in California. It IS 1000x better.

I'm sure Milwaukee has its charm. I haven't lived there in years. I just think that the people who like living there have likely never spent a good amount of time living anywhere else.

The next time I hear someone say "I want to move to Milwaukee" will be the first time I hear it. As a contrast, I hear people from LA and NY talking about moving to Minneapolis often, and the weather here is HORRID (in the fall/winter).

I know a good number of people that flocked to Cali right after college after spending their whole lives and college careers in Wisco. Nearly all of them moved back before their 30's because of the cost of living difference and the prospects of raising a family was preferred in Wi over Cali as well as missing friends/family.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#331 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm over playing on the Warriors Bogut thread. According to Evan, Andrew was on with the local sports talkers tonight and said he's got more complications. Doesn't quite know when he'll return to action. Unable to get the swelling down.

It would not be fun if we had that soap opera going on here again for the fifth straight year.

And I'm not knocking Bogut from not being able to come back right away from this. For most guys you really aren't ever allowed to do anything until six-months after the procedure. And only then do you start up modest activity for the ensuing next six-months. This could simply be a situation where he needs this season to work himself back into shape and he'll be fine long-term come next summer. Again part of the big problem with the MF procedure is that they shut you down for so long, while they hope that scar tissue forms and solidifies to replace the cartilage. It is tough to get your body re-calibrated immediately after that long shut down.

I'll call it right now.

Bogut gets shut down for year, comes back in 2013 and has a solid year right in time for a new contract.

Great new problem for the Warriors to face next season too.

I'm not "mad at Bogut" nor do I hate the guy.

I just hated the rollercoaster ride and am glad it's not our problem anymore.

I wonder if W's fans got to catch Udoh shutting down the Bulls in the 4th Q the other night.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#332 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:21 pm

I think the California/Wisconsin thing is just personal preference. To many, including me, Wisconsin is home, what we know, like, etc. I enjoy the 4 distinct seasons, minimal natural disasters, cuisine, beer, friendly people, etc. The funny thing is, the more I travel the United States the more I appreciate home. I enjoy traveling and see other locations but I've recently been to NYC, New Orleans, the South, and I've liked aspects of it but am always happy to come back. Others don't.

This is an age old debate and everybody is going to get defensive when someone takes a shot at their home. I mean I never have considered living in like Salt Lake City, would have no problem ragging on it, but I'm sure it has it nice features. But I would never have any close personal ties to it either. So it would be like me coming from Wisconsin and having a career in say Salt Lake City or say Minneapolis. No ties to either but if I like one more than other, it's not a huge slight on the one I didn't pick --- although Bogut didn't have to include Milwaukee in the comment. I think there was a little sour grapes b/c he didn't come off as hating the City while here. The organization maybe, but not the City and he was pretty cool about it when drafted here. I remember he seemed geninue in that Best Damn Sports Show clip where John Salley and Gary Payton were bagging on Milwaukee.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#333 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:26 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

I know a good number of people that flocked to Cali right after college after spending their whole lives and college careers in Wisco. Nearly all of them moved back before their 30's because of the cost of living difference and the prospects of raising a family was preferred in Wi over Cali as well as missing friends/family.

Is it fair to say that the cost of living accentuated the other issues? My guess is if they were doing well financially, they'd prefer LA. That said, those are all legit reason to come home. Be it ever so humble and all that.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#334 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:34 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
Is it fair to say that the cost of living accentuated the other issues? My guess is if they were doing well financially, they'd prefer LA. That said, those are all legit reason to come home. Be it ever so humble and all that.

Living out there while single was pricey enough. Trying to raise a kid out there without the prospect of a free babysitter (mom or dad) and not being around family was a combination of it all for most of them. Also, my friends didn't want a "cali kid", don't take any offense to that anyone here raised in Cali, but they wanted their kid to be more grounded and raised in Wisc.

They're all glad they spent their 20's out there and I'm glad I had a place to visit for a few years.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#335 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:54 pm

N8Frog wrote:I think the California/Wisconsin thing is just personal preference. To many, including me, Wisconsin is home, what we know, like, etc. I enjoy the 4 distinct seasons, minimal natural disasters, cuisine, beer, friendly people, etc. The funny thing is, the more I travel the United States the more I appreciate home. I enjoy traveling and see other locations but I've recently been to NYC, New Orleans, the South, and I've liked aspects of it but am always happy to come back. Others don't.

Right on. I grew up in Racine, lived in Charleston, SC in my early 20's, and have been in Milwaukee since 2006. Absolutely LOVED Charleston. Night life, beach, women, food, wow. But the South is still a** backwards. I love to go back and visit, but I'd never want to live there again. I'm with you, N8Frog, on NYC and New Orleans. Great places to visit. New Orleans is my favorite city to travel to. I love Chicago, too, but what a headache. My buddy lives in Ukranian Village, works in Gurnee, and spends half is life in his car due to traffic. Meanwhile, my roundtrip from home to work is 24 minutes. It snowed in Milwaukee like 5 times last winter. Its going to be 55 and sunny on Sunday. Yeah, I do get the climate thing, and I miss going to the beach 9 months a year, but Milwaukee has a ton to offer. Even more so for sports fans. Perfect place for me.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#336 » by REDDzone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:08 pm

SupremeHustle wrote: As a contrast, I hear people from LA and NY talking about moving to Minneapolis often, and the weather here is HORRID (in the fall/winter).

Weird. Why?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#337 » by -Jragon- » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Sad to say, but this is a Win Win Win for the Bucks. We have like 4 centers this year that are playing better than Bogut did last year befoe he was hurt. Guys that can play defense just as well plus they don't shoot flat hooks, can make a jumper, and can make free throws.

And Monta, while undersized, has been a much needed offensive spark for this team that attracts a lot of attention leaving others open. Jennings and Delfino struggled big time trying to carry the offensive burden and find open guys. I didn't see the numbers, but I'm guessing we rank much higher in offense this year, team assists, and probably better on defense. I know we run better than ever (with Udoh/Monta and w/o slow Bogut), too.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#338 » by Newz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 pm

I agree that we have a stable of young, affordable bigs that make up for what Bogut provided. Sanders, Henson, Udoh and Ersan (if he gets his head right) is a very good rotation of bigs. Dalembert is also a solid player.

I strongly disagree that Monta Ellis is a positive for this team though.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#339 » by -Jragon- » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

REDDzone wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote: As a contrast, I hear people from LA and NY talking about moving to Minneapolis often, and the weather here is HORRID (in the fall/winter).

Weird. Why?

Have you ever been there? It's really nice; their downtown is amazing compared to ours, too.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#340 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
And Monta, while undersized, has been a much needed offensive spark for this team that attracts a lot of attention leaving others open. Jennings and Delfino struggled big time trying to carry the offensive burden and find open guys. I didn't see the numbers, but I'm guessing we rank much higher in offense this year, team assists, and probably better on defense. I know we run better than ever (with Udoh/Monta and w/o slow Bogut), too.

We rank 17th in offense right now. Actually, probably the biggest hindrance right now is the fact that our backcourt uses over 50% of the possessions at a .480 TS. Obviously Ilyasova's slump isn't helping either, but the backcourt is the main culprit. We'd be better on O and D if we moved Ellis for a bigger, more athletic, lower usage floor spacer who could defend his spot.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks