ImageImage

OT: Barkley Says Bogut Done

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: OT: Barkley Says Bogut Done 

Post#301 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:51 pm

step3profit wrote:Put me solidly in the camp that doesn't think we could have gotten much more for Bogut. I wouldn't want Curry. What's the point in trading one broken man for another?

"broken man"?

I'm curious all the posters who still think Curry is "broken", have you watched him play this season? He's playing the most minutes since his rookie year. I was really never worried about the ankle sprains. Once they finally gave him enough time to rest, it was going to heal. And it has.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,581

Post#302 » by JayMKE » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:16 pm

I get some people were fatigued from Bogut's injury problems but you still take an injury prone good player over a healthy cancer.
FREE GIANNIS
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#303 » by stellation » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 pm

So, for someone who lives over there through winter, the weather in California is better than the weather in Wisconsin. To a guy from Australia. I.am.stun.
#FreeChuckDiesel
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#304 » by step3profit » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 pm

EvanZ wrote:
step3profit wrote:Put me solidly in the camp that doesn't think we could have gotten much more for Bogut. I wouldn't want Curry. What's the point in trading one broken man for another?

"broken man"?

I'm curious all the posters who still think Curry is "broken", have you watched him play this season? He's playing the most minutes since his rookie year. I was really never worried about the ankle sprains. Once they finally gave him enough time to rest, it was going to heal. And it has.

Well, once bitten twice shy on this end - we have had a few high salary players who spent years on the bench due to recurring injuries. I hope you're right & he is fine. Just not willing to be $50 million on it for my favorite small market team. :D
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#305 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:12 pm

I've never really understood the love for Curry.

Sure, the guy can shoot.

But he can't play defense, he's not a PG and he's too small to play SG.

So where does that leave you?

He's basically the 2007 version of Monta Ellis.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#306 » by emunney » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 pm

He is a PG. He's nothing like 2007 Ellis, who was basically God of the Crazy Layup / One-Man Fast Break. Curry is a dead eye shooter and half court floor general in addition to being one of the smarter guards in the league.

If his ankles weren't such a concern, I'd have had no problem trading Bogut for him. But the Warriors would have.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#307 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I've never really understood the love for Curry.

Sure, the guy can shoot.

But he can't play defense, he's not a PG and he's too small to play SG.

So where does that leave you?

He's basically the 2007 version of Monta Ellis.

Yeah, except Curry helps his team win and stuff. I think his defense is underrated, but I'd have to show you advanced stats to back me up, and I doubt you'd be willing to listen.

But as far as the shooting...he's arguably the best shooter in the league the last 3 seasons, to say "the guy can shoot" is an understatement of epic proportions.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#308 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Lippo wrote:

If Bogut could have choose between Australia winning the gold and or the Bucks winning a Championship, which you think he would have chosen? He played hurt more readily for Australia, he even risked his health for the Bucks to play in while injured in the Olympics. Face it he didn't really like Milwaukee, just like Jackson and Ellis, and for all the talk against the bling bling players, he winds up in Cali and loves it.

He'd take the gold I imagine. The rest is dumb, he's always risked his health playing injured for the Bucks. He's got a tough guy complex that most Australians have regarding playing with injuries. Have you forgotten him playing for the Bucks with a broken back?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#309 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 am

Interesting side note here. Woelfel was on with Chuck and Wickett this morning and they asked him what he thought of Bogut's comments about being 100x happier in the Bay area. Woelfel said he hadn't talked to Bogut in two weeks so he wasn't up to speed. Wickett broke in then with the obvious question - "You still talk to Bogut??"

Woelfel then said he still frequently talks to Bogut and that after the Bucks traded him, Bogut called Woelfel to thank him for the respectful coverage. Woelfel thought it was a class act thing to do.

Then they asked Woelfel if Bogut wanted to leave Milwaukee and Woelfel said initially no, but that over time he was growing frustrated with the situation because the team couldn't win. Every year someone either got injured or didn't pan out so the team never went anywhere.

Does anyone see any irony in that statement?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#310 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:38 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Interesting side note here. Woelfel was on with Chuck and Wickett this morning and they asked him what he thought of Bogut's comments about being 100x happier in the Bay area. Woelfel said he hadn't talked to Bogut in two weeks so he wasn't up to speed. Wickett broke in then with the obvious question - "You still talk to Bogut??"

Woelfel then said he still frequently talks to Bogut and that after the Bucks traded him, Bogut called Woelfel to thank him for the respectful coverage. Woelfel thought it was a class act thing to do.

Then they asked Woelfel if Bogut wanted to leave Milwaukee and Woelfel said initially no, but that over time he was growing frustrated with the situation because the team couldn't win. Every year someone either got injured or didn't pan out so the team never went anywhere.

We all know Woelfel has a woody for Bogut. Didn't really understand why Bogut had to come out with the 1000x better line anyway, just say I like it in Cali.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,269

Post#311 » by rilamann » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

Every time The Bucks take the court this season it's a breath of fresh air to not see that clown on the bench in street clothes.Or seeing him pube it up half the time against 2nd string players when he actually did suit up.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#312 » by paul » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 am

rilamann wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Every time The Bucks take the court this season it's a breath of fresh air to not see that clown on the bench in street clothes.Or seeing him pube it up half the time against 2nd string players when he actually did suit up.

LOL, Bogut bashing thread = welcome back rilamann :D
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,269

Post#313 » by rilamann » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 am

paul wrote:
rilamann wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

LOL, Bogut bashing thread = welcome back rilamann :D

Haha,I couldn't resist after that comment PP qouted about Bogut growing frustrated about Milwaukee and pointing the finger at everyone but himself.

Bogut's injuries aren't what soured me on him,injuries happen and Bogut was made of glass,I get it.It was his lack of accountability and ''everyone but me'' attitude'' over the Bucks failures that soured me.That along with the nights he stole money from the Bucks with his ''pube'' games.

And it's funny how everyone talks about Ellis being a cancer,Bogut was the biggest cancer the Bucks had seen since Anthony Mason.There is no doubt in my mind about that.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#314 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 am

rilamann wrote:Haha,I couldn't resist after that comment PP qouted about Bogut growing frustrated about Milwaukee and pointing the finger at everyone but himself.

In fairness, that was Gery's quote, although based on their relationship, it likely did reflect Bogut's sentiments.

I didn't put that interaction in so much as to comment on Bogut but rather Gery. Again I love Gery and he is one of our few beacons of light around here with actual Bucks information. But he always seems to get very buddy-buddy with some of these players and then it ends up affecting his analysis of them. I still remember him calling Michael Redd a top 3 shooting guard in the East two years ago on Sparky's show.

And as he talked today about the Bucks always having a key injury or someone not pan out, it just seemed obvious to me that if Gery were intellectually honest about it, he would include Bogut in that group.

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,060

Post#315 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 am

Yeah wasn't the team success essentially built around Bogut who always got hurt... Lol. I agree with PP on Woelful. I like he discussed the Bucks, but I often feel his personal sentiments cloud the entire truth. I'm guessing the Skiles reports last year (team unhappy, him going to Orlando, etc) were part b/c Skiles isn't the most media friendly guy and/or Bogut didn't care for him.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#316 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 am

I'm over playing on the Warriors Bogut thread. According to Evan, Andrew was on with the local sports talkers tonight and said he's got more complications. Doesn't quite know when he'll return to action. Unable to get the swelling down.

It would not be fun if we had that soap opera going on here again for the fifth straight year.

And I'm not knocking Bogut from not being able to come back right away from this. For most guys you really aren't ever allowed to do anything until six-months after the procedure. And only then do you start up modest activity for the ensuing next six-months. This could simply be a situation where he needs this season to work himself back into shape and he'll be fine long-term come next summer. Again part of the big problem with the MF procedure is that they shut you down for so long, while they hope that scar tissue forms and solidifies to replace the cartilage. It is tough to get your body re-calibrated immediately after that long shut down.

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#317 » by paul » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 am

emunney wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:Haven't seen this posted here yet:

“California is a great place to live. My house is 20 minutes drive from Oakland and the climate is all I could wish for. I have everything here and I am enjoying it, 100 times better than Milwaukee,” said Bogut.

http://www.croatiaweek.com/nba-star-and ... -generals/

I'm not saying Milwaukee is a great place to live, but to throw the city in a quote unprompted like that sounds like sour grapes to me. You'd think the guy would be kissing the city's butt for allowing him to steal money from its NBA franchise through all his injuries...

Ironically, I'm 100x happier now that Bogut's out of Milwaukee. The guy was a bum. And a bust.

Speaking of sour grapes.

I'm happy to move forward without Bogut, but I think we can all agree it would be pretty sweet to live in the Bay Area and pull down 8 figures to play hypothetical basketball. I wouldn't take it personally.

A couple of other points on this - it's from a Croatian 'portal' and has clearly been translated which is always dangerous with quote accuracy and I think it's entirely possible with the way it reads that he was talking about the climate with his 100x better comment.

Bogut has had a TON of opportunity to bad mouth the Bucks if he wanted to over the past couple of years in particular with reference to Skiles but has maintained that he loves the Bucks and loves the city of Milwaukee and it's people - whether he feels that way or not. Even when Hammond was seen as being not overly complimentary towards him he didn't utter a word, and hasn't the whole way along. If people really think this is how he'd go about it that's up to them I guess.

Anyway god forbid anyone suggest he's not the devil at the moment I know 8-)
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#318 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:45 am

i wish bogut the best. this quote, even if accurate, doesnt change that.

id also say im glad we dont have him or his salary anymore. im also glad we dont have curry and his. and im glad monta is expiring and hope that shortly we will have a another young 20 something sg playing here to team up with henson, harris, sanders, udoh, lamb, etc, etc.

you cant build a team to win with multimillionaire vet dominated teams in milwaukee. i dont think it can happen with the climate in the league today. and fwiw i thought that was the best bet for some moderate success for years. but boy have i been wrong.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#319 » by EvanZ » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 am

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012/11 ... e-mystery/

As I previously reported, Golden State management was expecting for Bogut to be out until December even though the initial evaluation timeline given was 7 to 10 days. And nobody would be shocked if he didn’t return until 2013. Bogut suggested as much today when he told reporters he wasn’t close to ready.

Bottom line: Bogut’s ankle was kind of a mess when Ferkel went in; the doc knew all along it would take a long time; and the Warriors (and Bogut) were in denial — at least aggressively hopeful — that Ferkel was being conservative. He wasn’t.

I think Bogut is done.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#320 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 am

That was more optimistic than I thought it would be. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks