ImageImage

JS: Skiles Comments on Tobias

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: JS: Skiles Comments on Tobias 

Post#41 » by Badgerlander » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I think it would be hella interesting to trot out a lineup of Jennings/Ellis/Moute/Udoh/Sanders from time to time for minutes here and there. Sure the spacing sucks if we get into a halfcourt set, but our defense could lead to transition buckets, so...

Where I really think Moute really helps is when we have Udrih and Dunleavy on the floor at the same time. Moute+Udoh really balances their lack of defense, plus you can mix and match the 5th player for more D or moar O as needed.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#42 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Is Moute really a proven commodity at small forward? It seems he's played the majority of his career minutes at power forward, while having the most success at that position.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#43 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm

moute or dunleavy against the top teams/ top sfs at this point. love our 20yr old harris..... but in close games he scares the sht out of me being on the floor.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#44 » by europa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:56 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:moute or dunleavy against the top teams/ top sfs at this point. love our 20yr old harris..... but in close games he scares the sht out of me being on the floor.

As much as I love Tobes it's hard to argue with this because he is a defensive weakness. Again, though, so is Dunleavy which is why Moute's value will be there once he returns, especially against teams with strong scoring wings. You want Moute on them if at all possible.
Nothing will not break me.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#45 » by Badgerlander » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:Is Moute really a proven commodity at small forward? It seems he's played the majority of his career minutes at power forward, while having the most success at that position.

Moute worked really hard on his jump shot during the lockout and it looked really good in preseason last year until he stopped practicing to rest his knee and then he lost confidence in it and shot less and less until they shut him down. I would imagine he hasn't been able to work on it again since so it may take time but I think he could get to the point where his jumper is serviceable enough to play some SF.

Spoiler:

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#46 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:01 pm

we wear carmelo out chasing dunleavy.... then we shut him down over the stretch run with moute. if we trot harris out all night on him, then we might as well bake a cake and hire strippers for him too.
europa
RealGM

Post#47 » by europa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Who doesn't like cake and strippers?
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#48 » by Badgerlander » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:moute or dunleavy against the top teams/ top sfs at this point. love our 20yr old harris..... but in close games he scares the sht out of me being on the floor.

well sure but conversely why then when we are blowing Indy off the court is Dunleavy playing in the 4th quarter while Tobias sits on the bench? I can only assume stat padding for the 6th man award.

Spoiler:

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#49 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 pm

DocHoliday wrote:

well sure but conversely why then when we are blowing Indy off the court is Dunleavy playing in the 4th quarter while Tobias sits on the bench? I can only assume stat padding for the 6th man award.

annoyed me too. that should have been primetime harris/ henson time. its like because harris starts that somehow he isnt supposed to be our goto guy in garbage time? weird.

in his year 2 for us, as we seem to be fielding a competitive team.....he needs to be the token starter in close competitions, and do his best big dog impression when we have games under control. if dunleavy moves on next year then harris will have a primetime oppurtunity to take over that scorers role then.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#50 » by jr lucosa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:20 pm

I love LRMAM but I don't think he needs set minutes every night. Against teams like the Celtics and Heat he can play around 30 minutes when the game is close and his defense is needed. Against teams with wings who don't have nearly the same scoring punch he can play 15-20, or whatever the situation calls for.

I don't think Moute will ever have set minutes this year, maybe a minute limit because of injuries, but he's a very good situational player who has no use on the floor for other periods of time.
europa
RealGM

Post#51 » by europa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Based on what I've seen thus far the only player on the team who merits set minutes in my opinion is Jennings.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#52 » by gbmb34 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 pm

jr lucosa wrote:I love LRMAM but I don't think he needs set minutes every night. Against teams like the Celtics and Heat he can play around 30 minutes when the game is close and his defense is needed. Against teams with wings who don't have nearly the same scoring punch he can play 15-20, or whatever the situation calls for.

I don't think Moute will ever have set minutes this year, maybe a minute limit because of injuries, but he's a very good situational player who has no use on the floor for other periods of time.

This is where I'm at.

Moute will probably take all of Daniels minutes, 2 or 3 from Dunleavy, 4 or 5 from Harris and maybe a handful from Ersan on nights where there is no dynamic perimeter threat. Would be awesome if he could get back (and 100%) for the Knicks and/or Heat but that seems like wishful thinking.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#53 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:33 pm

If I had to guess, Moute will get Daniels' 15 minutes a game to start and then pending on the match-up Harris (need offense) or Moute (need defense) will play more. Moute has always gotten around 25 minutes/game, which is also his career average.

The only other item is if Moute looks somewhat effect, do you think they consider trading him? I think Hammond really values him, but I think playing time is going to start to become an issue. A good thing to have I guess, but alot of these guys are proving they at least deserve minutes. And at this point dealing Gooden doesn't really do much to clear it up b/c he's not playing at all. But Daniels has no trade value, Sanders and Udoh are a good combo, Ersan isn't going anywhere, Daly is here until the end. Moute to me would be the odd man out BUT he does have value in those situations where you need a shut down guy. I just don't know if he'll be happy being a situational guy and there were already rumors he was trying to leave Milwaukee before we matched last year.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#54 » by xTitan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 pm

All this sounds like a trade to be made, this team is in desperate need of a #2 with length and athleticism for next next year, hell they need that for this year.......the Bucks should be able to put together an attractive package for someone who has that....don't ask me who, not sure.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#55 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I like Tobias a lot but I agree that his defense has been horrible. I want to see him get minutes but I'm not sure he should get them as a starter. I would love to see him get some mentoring from Luc Richard

I kind of agree. But he can get them at the D-League. If you look throughout the week a number of teams sent their first wave of young players to the Developmental league.

That would be a perfect option for Tobias Harris when Mbah a Moute comes back if not Henson as well. Henson learns nothing sitting on the bench and watching. 10pts in 3 minutes....he has to play.

But until you decide what to do with Gooden or if he is going to play over Ersan until he gets his shot back together I would send John down as well so they can get some burn together. I would hesitate sending Lamb down but that might be an option as well
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#56 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm

europa wrote:I think the perimeter defense is a major area of concern. I love Tobes but he's not a good defender. Dunleavy's terrible. Whenever Ellis is on the court he sucks defensively. I think the Bucks need Moute's perimeter defense.

Another that I am not sure what they are watching. Some say things without actually thinking or looking at the game. Monta has busted his tail on the perimeter with bodying up his man on defense and then playing over, under, and around screens.

SG and PG is extremly hard to defend if you space the floor and ball swing properly and hit your open shots on top...so you can't count that. NOBODY CAN GUARD that kind of execution. You tip your hat to that and move on...but Monta and Brandon have pressured teams out of that when their ball guarding. Give them some credit.

He and Jennings have been very good in that area...Jennings leads the NBA in steals and Monta is not far behind and might lead in ball deflections and is the best playing the passing lanes and garnering loose balls.

Deflections and ball denial is defense too my friends. Watch the game and stop rap sheet posting...posting what a players rap is (poor defender without taking an honest look at any improvements lately)

WHO HAS TORCHED MONTA THIS YEAR? Tell me? Who? Just name me one player and I will leave it alone!? Ok Pierce hit some shots late...so what. Big deal. That is going to happen and guys are going to hit some 3's on him like J-Rich. Ellis is not a shotblocker...but there is more to defense then blocking shots.

Monta is playing the best defense of anyone on the entitre team but Jennings. Watch the game and stop going on reputation. Monta and Jennings have Rondo and dribble penetration the last 3-4 games...that is all you ask for cats their size!

You know basketball better then this. If this was not true I would be the first one to say it and call them out on poor defense, but Monta and Jennings are getting it in on the defensive end. Try actually watch the darn game...I see improvments and effort

The Bucks are 5-2....hello somebody! Tell me, what constitues a good defensive game for a SG and PG in the NBA to some of you? I got a stat happy crowd in here I know...but I dont look at numbers on a paper all the time.
europa
RealGM

Post#57 » by europa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:29 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
europa wrote:I think the perimeter defense is a major area of concern. I love Tobes but he's not a good defender. Dunleavy's terrible. Whenever Ellis is on the court he sucks defensively. I think the Bucks need Moute's perimeter defense.

Another fans that does not know what they are watching.

That's the only way all of me's know how to watch.
milweskee
Starter
And1: 331

Post#58 » by milweskee » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm

I wouldn't send Tobias to the D-League. I still think of him as a player that can help us win even with his weaknesses. Regardless of what kind of spin you want to apply, he's our most talented SF. You'd be completely committed to Daniels and Dunleavy producing offensively at SF night in and night out. No thanks!
europa
RealGM

Post#59 » by europa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Harris is one of the most efficient scorers on the team and arguably the best (perhaps only) post threat. He absolutely belongs on the active roster. He probably should be getting more shots than he does but that's unlikely to happen with the offensive focus so squarely on Jennings and Ellis.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#60 » by crkone » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Does this team REALLY need an efficient scorer who can create his own offense from the post? I mean it's not like the Bucks will have to play any half court offense with the swag duo we have runnin' and gunnin'. In fact, we should try to trade Harris for Crawford or Terry and really get a good trifecta going.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks