Post#41 » by paul » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:35 am

Yay team!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: Hornets/Bucks Postgame 

Post#42 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 am

I agree that in years past we lose this game by 25.

I know we can't talk smack too much since our team has sucked the past decade, but tonight it seemed like every Hornets player perhaps played one of the best games each of them will play all season. Roger Mason hitting daggers, Aminu with ridiculous shots and blocks, Lopez playing as solid as I've seen him play, etc. And then to top it off you have the Brow's coming out party.

Yet we sustained it all. Blow after blow.

Great game. One of the more gut wrenching yet entertaining games a fan could watch all season.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#43 » by AussieBuck » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 am

ampd wrote:
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
ReddWing wrote:Was the crowd good tonight?

Yes they were...they were energetic all night. Especially after Larry elbows Jason Smith and they started chanting Larry! Larry! Larry!

The crowd is getting better.

Larry didn;t touch Smith, that was an epic flop

I thought Larry got him at first but in that situation you always search for damage/blood with your hand when you go down. Then he got up and pointed to his nose when the impact if any would've been on his left temple/cheek.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#44 » by DH34Phan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 am

I love being able to run up and down. When our 3's are falling, which they were tonight, we are a dangerous team in transition.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#45 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:44 am

If you guys recall, earlier in the game Smith seemed to toss his elbow into Larry's throat on that drive and they still called Larry for the foul.

I'd have to think the elbow swing through was Larry's way of trying to get a little respect and room. Smith, the Brow and Lopez were pounding on our bigs inside all night. Had to be frustrating for our guys.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#46 » by Max Green » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 am

A fun game to be at tonight. A couple of observations:

* Anthony Davis is a stud, he was as good as advertised. He will make NOH a good team pretty quickly as soon as they get some better guards around him.

* Henson played well again, really the only guy on our team that was able to stay with Davis Defensively.

* Austin Rivers does not belong in the NBA right now. He should still be in College, if his last name wasn't Rivers he damn sure wouldn't be starting, and would be in the D-League.

* Our backcourt was awesome tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if they are leading the league in assists as a starting backcourt. They are making guys around them better.

* Larry Sanders is the People's Champ. The crowd loves him, he got a big ovation when he entered the game and a huge chant after Smith flopped and the refs called an offensive foul.

* I was dying when Monta went for the 360 layup again, but it drew a helluva lot of oooh's and i'm sure the BC would've erupted had it gone down.

* Crowd went home happy tonight, usually we would lose a game like this by double digits.

*Heard and had a couple of conversations with random people on the way out, most were talking about how this team is for real and how much fun they are to watch.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#47 » by Sigra » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:42 am

Don't want to say anything. Someone will accuse me for jinx :D
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,726

Post#48 » by Ayt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:Man, when Ellis decides he wants to take the ball to the hoop, he is really hard to defend.

The team shoudl institute a rule that he gets punched in the nuts after every game for every long jumper he takes that isn't at the end of the shot clock or an open spot up jumper. There is no reason why he should ever take off the dribble jumpers under other conditions.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,726

Post#49 » by Ayt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 am

ampd wrote:Anthony Davis looks legit. Austin Rivers on the other hand, looks like he should have stayed in school. Thinking they could start him at PG this season was insane.

Stayed in school? He was taken 10th overall when he's an end of the 2nd type talent (at best). Coming out was a fantastic idea.

He could easily not be in the NBA in a couple years.
KeyRabbit
Rookie
And1: 38

Post#50 » by KeyRabbit » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Max Green wrote:A fun game to be at tonight. A couple of observations:
* I was dying when Monta went for the 360 layup again, but it drew a helluva lot of oooh's and i'm sure the BC would've erupted had it gone down.

That was...amazing. Even on the slow-mo replay it's hard to believe how much body control he has and how quickly that happened. I have to think that even in the NBA there's a very short list of guys who could do that.
Rookie

Post#51 » by KeyRabbit » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 pm

blazza18 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Didn't see the game. But I think it's amazing that Baddy and Ellis were both 22/9 on 8-16, and Baddy was +11 and Ellis was -11.

Was going to mention that but I didn't wanna ruin Monta's good game.

It doesn't ruin his game as much as point out what a weak stat that is. For several stretches Monta's -11 was all that was stemming the tide of some massive Hornets runs that could have blown the team away. Instead, he kept them tied or within a few baskets. I actually was swearing at the tv a little when Skiles kept the Jennings/Udrih backcourt going for too long.
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#52 » by PedroGrande » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Great Win.

In the off season i was afraid of what the D could be with Monta, Jennings, Dunleavy jr, harris and gooden playing a lot of minutes... And that was a reason to not like Monta starting. No longer worried about that!

If Monta can be average along with jennings in scoring efficiency, we could have something.
"Hope isn't a plan"
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#53 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Through 8:

O: 12th (105.3)
D: 8th (101.5)
Pace: 1st (95.9)
Expected W-L: 9th (.646, 53-29 over full season)
RPI: 6th (.559)
SOS: 12th (.496)
SRS: 8th (2.31)

Jennings up to 17.5 ppg @ .540 TS, with 8.0 assists and 3.3 steals.
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#54 » by upnorthfan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:06 pm

The whole game I was thinking Dunleavy in how he kept us in it, so I am staying with him.

Question: My son just moved to Milwaukee, and he has satelite TV. He said he couldn't get the game last night. How can he start getting the game? He lives in St Francis.
KeyRabbit
Rookie

Post#55 » by KeyRabbit » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Sounds like he got blacked out because of no sellout

But if he has directv he should still be able to watch the New Orleans feed even if MKE's is blacked out

Post#56 » by upnorthfan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 pm

KeyRabbit wrote:Sounds like he got blacked out because of no sellout

But if he has directv he should still be able to watch the New Orleans feed even if MKE's is blacked out

Dam, never thought of a blackout. I will ask him what exactly he has. Thanks.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#57 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:28 pm

They don't blackout NBA games for non sell outs that I'm aware of. Nobody in Milwaukee would ever be able to watch the Bucks if that were the case. :) Most likely he somehow bought a satellite package that didn't include FS Wisconsin, or he just couldn't find the game.
upnorthfan
Banned User

Post#58 » by upnorthfan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 pm

LUKE23 wrote:They don't blackout NBA games for non sell outs that I'm aware of. Nobody in Milwaukee would ever be able to watch the Bucks if that were the case. :) Most likely he somehow bought a satellite package that didn't include FS Wisconsin, or he just couldn't find the game.

Will he always be able to get the game from the opposing teams network (depending on package)? That sounds like a good idea.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#59 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm

If he's living in the Milwaukee TV area, he'll only be able to get games on FS-W (assuming he has that included in his satellite package). He'd have to purchase League Pass (I think around $180 but not sure) to get non-Bucks games, and even then I'm pretty sure the opposing teams feed will be blacked out in Milwaukee if FS-W is carrying the game.

FS-W carries 70 of the 82 games currently.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#60 » by Nebula1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Yes it was just the Hornets, but I thought it was a great win to get with the Hornets shooting like that.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks