ImageImage

What Do You Want To Happen With Ellis?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Your Preference on What Happens With Monta Ellis

He is traded by the 12-13 deadline in a win now playoff move
21%
He is traded by the 12-13 deadline for the best possible young asset (pick and/or player)
64%
He is kept past the deadline if the team has a chance at playoffs, and opts out for 13-14
6%
He is kept past the deadline if the team has a chance at playoffs, and opts in for 13-14
5%
He is kept, opts in for 13-14 and is extended as our long-term SG this summer
4%

Total votes: 131

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Re: What Do You Want To Happen With Ellis? 

Post#41 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I woud like to see Ellis play the best basketball of his career as a Milwaukee Buck. Continue to burden the opposing defense, limit turnovers, take quality shots, create more for others and dig down on defense.

Yes, that would be ideal as well. I could live with limiting turnovers and taking quality shots alone.
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#42 » by A Diddy2231 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:07 pm

I think we would like that too..but it's not going to happen.
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,943

Post#43 » by BUCKnation » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'd prefer a young guy like Alec Burks or some type of pick, I'd live with a wing like Afflalo/Wes Matthews. Trading him with assets would piss me off unless we got an exceptional deal.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

Option 2 is obviously favored here for good reason, but option 1 is much more likely, which would lead me to be fine with the aforementioned players.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#44 » by Treebeard » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:23 pm

The guy has skills and should have real value, but more useful to someone else. My preference is to trade him for some combination of assets that includes a pick, or a useful prospect like Burks, or someone along those lines. If it's a current player, preferably someone with some length.

No thanks on trades involving aging vets.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#45 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:37 pm

pg (maybe jennings, maybe not)
lamb
harris/ mam
ersan/ henson
udoh/ sanders

thats 20 million locked up without jennings... 30 million or so with him. we got our own little version of a rebuild youth movement going on here... and intentional or not, lucky or whatever..... we got a future with some of these guys if we just stick with em.

we need to just let ellis and sammy walk...(probably jennings too). i dont want to deal them unless we get picks, youth, or expirings. these kids and our flexibility is the best thing weve had going in a while. if we get ANY long term salary back its a poor move unless its for a current HEALTHY allstar. i dont care how good another deal looks with the guy coming back id count on him quiting. it is what it is. at least with an allstar guy maybe hed regress to just being helpful.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#46 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 pm

I voted for youth but if I could go with a win now trade if we got a new GM who knew how to trade.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#47 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I woud like to see Ellis play the best basketball of his career as a Milwaukee Buck. Continue to burden the opposing defense, limit turnovers, take quality shots, create more for others and dig down on defense.

You've got to work on your baiting if you want to reel some guys in Chuck. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#48 » by Run-MKE 311 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 pm

I would like to get something for Monta because he will not be here long term, highly doubt they keep Brandon & Monta. Even if they could they probably should not.

I would love to get back a solid young piece or a top 10 pick. I have no interest in getting back veteren or "win now" junk.

Whatever path we choose with Monta it needs to be done correctly because there are some winning pieces here in place.
Ball so hard.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#49 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Honestly, I'd trade Monta for just about anything but I'd also entertain deals for Brandon as well. If Toronto wants to go young and get DeRozan his bff, I'd offer Jennings for Lowry and Ross. I feel like they'd decline but it's worth a shot.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#50 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:44 pm

AussieBuck wrote:

You've got to work on your baiting if you want to reel some guys in Chuck. :D

That is honestly how I feel. My hooks are sharpened for a far more slippery target than RealGM Bucks fans.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#51 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
cheeztrain wrote:Trade with Sac

Monta/Ersan/Mike D Jr

for

Tyreke/Garcia/Jimmer/Hayes

Go Young and still win!!! hopefully :P

Jennings/Udrich/Jimmer
Evans/Lamb/Garcia
Harris/Moute
Henson/Udoh
Sanders/Hayes/Dalembert

Kings clear Hayes and pickup a stretch 4 in Ersan.

Horrible.

Horrible to the nth degree, might take a chance on Tyreke and maybe Jimmer but nty to Garcia and Hayes.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#52 » by tski1972 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm

according to Sam Amico, the Jazz are shopping Burks. And someone (AussieBuck?) posted the link from the trade board that Jazz fans seemed to like....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1216296

I can't see any reason not to do this trade.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Post#53 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 pm

I think we get stuck with him for another season. I agree with Ted Davis in that Monta's peeps will tell him to opt in cause he wont find more money elsewhere. But I'd want him traded for some young assets.

I'd hate him less if he came off the bench.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'd prefer a young guy like Alec Burks or some type of pick, I'd live with a wing like Afflalo/Wes Matthews. Trading him with assets would piss me off unless we got an exceptional deal.

It's been discussed before and I like Burks too. Do you think Dally and a 2nd could get you Burks? Or the option for the Jazz to swap firsts? Utah might need a back-up 5 if they have thoughts of going anywhere, Kanter just not getting it done.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#55 » by ampd » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:08 pm

The risk of Ellis opting in is the #1 reason we need to deal him.

I'd love a pick back, but I'd take the best young-ish asset I could get regardless of position (probably excepting PF unless the player was too good to refuse).

I disagree that he can't play PG, I think he can and should play PG somewhere, but it probably won't be here.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#56 » by kid idioteque » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Since the likelihood of Kohl/Hammond trading Ellis for youth/picks during a playoff run is zero, I voted for option 1. I think (hope?) there's a player out there that we could get for Ellis that would help this roster a lot more right now, and perhaps into the future. But Kohl/Hammond aren't going to trade Ellis for projects, especially if we're above or around .500.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#57 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 am

tski1972 wrote:according to Sam Amico, the Jazz are shopping Burks. And someone (AussieBuck?) posted the link from the trade board that Jazz fans seemed to like....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1216296

I can't see any reason not to do this trade.

Umm, yes please.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#58 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:38 am

tski1972 wrote:according to Sam Amico, the Jazz are shopping Burks. And someone (AussieBuck?) posted the link from the trade board that Jazz fans seemed to like....

I went over there and voted yes.

It isn't just Burks. Provided Earl Watson and Raja Bell can still walk, those guys are good players that could help us.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#59 » by paul » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:45 am

I know they are playing the wrong guys right now and fell into the idiot trap with Foye but surely the Jazz aren't stupid enough to trade for Monta Ellis with the group of guys they have on that roster. Surely.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 am

paul wrote:I know they are playing the wrong guys right now and fell into the idiot trap with Foye but surely the Jazz aren't stupid enough to trade for Monta Ellis with the group of guys they have on that roster. Surely.

IMO Dally and Udrih are the guys that could help them more, if they think they are close enough.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks