Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Re: PG: More blowouts if it means more Lamb 

Post#81 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:33 am

Max Green wrote:
paul wrote:
Max, oh Max?

Why are you bringing my name up? I never claimed we were a great team based on our "strong" finish to last season. I simply pointed out we have a winning record since the trade, and we are a better team based on it. Until it's proven otherwise I will continue to stand by it.

Since you always like to bring up that during FTD we were better when we got Stackhouse as opposed to just when we got Salmons, we were on a 4 game winning streak going into the Monta trade, maybe it had nothing to do with him ;).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#82 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:33 am

"Still in first place"
Go Bucks!
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#83 » by Max Green » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:35 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
paul wrote:Max, oh Max?

He's a fan of the PPGZ. Looking at W/L without factoring opponents is the PPGZ of that.

:roll:

Again, I never once claimed we were a great team because of record after the trade. We were at one point at least 9 games under .500 last season, we were barely beating anyone consistently no matter who our opponent was.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#84 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:38 am

ReddWing wrote:We were the Central Park jogger this week.

:o
Do it for Chuck
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#85 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 am

Max Green wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
paul wrote:Max, oh Max?

He's a fan of the PPGZ. Looking at W/L without factoring opponents is the PPGZ of that.

:roll:

Again, I never once claimed we were a great team because of record after the trade. We were at one point at least 9 games under .500 last season, we were barely beating anyone consistently no matter who our opponent was.

Except that going into the trade that wasn't even close to the case. In fact going into the trade we were playing extremely well with the softest schedule in the history of the NBA confronting us on the run home.

Anyway, record since trade (in games that mattered) 19-17 or whatever it is. Monta RulZZZZ.
Max Green
RealGM

Post#86 » by Max Green » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:47 am

paul wrote:
Max Green wrote:
paul wrote:
Max, oh Max?

I never claimed we were a great team based on our "strong" finish to last season. I simply pointed out we have a winning record since the trade, and we are a better team based on it. Until it's proven otherwise I will continue to stand by it.

Thought that's pretty much exactly what you were doing lol. What you said in your next sentence pretty much contradicted the bolded sentence.

No, you are just reading what you want to read since we all know you're still bitter about the trade.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#87 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:48 am

paul wrote:Anyway, record since trade (in games that mattered) 19-17 or whatever it is. Monta RulZZZZ.

To be fair, I don't think Max is a huge Monta fan but rather a fan of the team doing good. Unfortunately, that "good" was wins against bad opponents making that record some really obvious fools gold that for some reason he has a tough time looking past.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#88 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:49 am

Max Green wrote:No, you are just reading what you want to read since we all know you're still bitter about the trade.

LOL and there we have it, when back is against the wall in any argument about Monta (or pretty much anything else) call paul an Aussie Bogut homer.

Winner. :thumbsup:
Max Green
RealGM

Post#89 » by Max Green » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
paul wrote:Anyway, record since trade (in games that mattered) 19-17 or whatever it is. Monta RulZZZZ.

To be fair, I don't think Max is a huge Monta fan but rather a fan of the team doing good. Unfortunately, that "good" was wins against bad opponents making that record some really obvious fools gold that for some reason he has a tough time looking past.

Of course I'm not a huge Monta fan, anyone who doesn't read my posts through Bogut colored glasses will see that I've ripped him plenty of times when deservedly so, and I also stuck up for when I believed he deserved to be.

As far as the record is concerned, it may very well turn out to be fools gold. Or it may have been a turnaround where we started to play winning Basketball. We will see how it goes from here but if we beat Minny we will have had an winning record after the first month of the season since the Hammond/Skiles regime began....
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
Max Green
RealGM

Post#90 » by Max Green » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:35 am

paul wrote:
Max Green wrote:No, you are just reading what you want to read since we all know you're still bitter about the trade.

LOL and there we have it, when back is against the wall in any argument about Monta (or pretty much anything else) call paul an Aussie Bogut homer.

I don't care if you're an Aussie or not, but you are a Bogut Homer who reads any post that's pro trade as Monta RulZZZZ.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#91 » by El Duderino » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:25 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
We also need to talk a bit about Tobias. His poor defense is getting concerning in a Charlie V kind of way. The book is out now that if you've got a SF with driving ability, you simply set a pick or shake Tobias and then run in for the layup. I'm not sure this is something that gets corrected with experience. Either you can stay in front of your man and fight through screens or you can't.

I certainly would rather have Tobias getting minutes over Daniels in almost any situation besides a last shot defensive stand being needed.

That said, i agree with you that it is somewhat alarming about just how poor of a defender Harris is. Granted, he's really young still and spent most of his rookie year on the bench, but between his slow feet on defense and so far having no clue mentally at all on how to handle being picked, it's usually ugly.

With young players, i generally don't panic much if a kid struggles somewhat with a certain aspect of the NBA game. When a young guy though is really bad at something as Tobias is defensively, it becomes more of a red flag for me about that player's ability to change a lot at fixing their major weakness.
nenanena
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#92 » by nenanena » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:33 am

LUKE23 wrote:Now being outscored by 2 on the season. Projects as a .500 team, which is probably what we are.

under .500, which we probably are. i hope we miss the playoffs so we can draft poythress, package tobias after a (knock on wood) impressive mini-breakout year with monta and gooden for anything (preferably lottery pick) and draft lorenzo brown.

pg- jennings, FAPG, (udrih?)
sg- lamb, brown,
sf- lrmam, poythress, md
pf- udoh, henson, ersan, larry
c - (dalembert?)/FAC, larry, (pryzbilla?)

that team is long and talented in the front court, especially if udoh can really develop into a c. He has the best touch of any big man not named ersan or john. He is one of the better shot blockers. He plays unselfish, often passing up good shots.
But lamb has the most upside of all our guards. jennings is near his peak. monta behind his (pre-ankle injury). lamb plays tough solid d and has the purest shot outside except md. he got overlooked playing for kentucky. he made all the clutch jumpers for that team in the tournament. we could have picked him at 14 if henson didn't drop.
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#93 » by upnorthfan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:50 am

We are back officially to Scarry Larry. He teased us with however many solid outings he started out the season with. But these last few games he is right back to almost where he was, scarry, shooting shots he doesn't need to take, stupid passes, the whole arsenal in his scarry larry cubbard came out for this one.
nenanena
Ballboy

Post#94 » by nenanena » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:56 am

plus if we bring ellis off the bench he might get pissed and opt out
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#95 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Poor effort from everyone tonight. Lazy passes. Not protecting the ball. Horrible defense. No block outs.

I have a hard time singling anyone out. They all sucked.

Yup. Everyone. All 12 of them. And, yes, 12 different players received significant playing time... IN THE FIRST HALF. How does Skiles expect that to work? Does it ever work? I can see emptying out the bench when you're down 27 in the 3rd quarter, but for everyone in uniform to see the court in the first 24 minutes... vintage Skiles. Pick a rotation and go with it. How the hell is anyone supposed to find any sort of rhythm? Gotta love Ersan getting the Henson treatment. Coming off his best game of the year, Ersan logs 13 minutes. How about Jennings and Ellis having great first quarters and Skies icing the f*** out of both of them in the 2nd. Even when Jennings returned they were running double screens for Dunleavy on seemingly every possession.

Is there any dialog between GM and Head Coach? I was all for re-signing Ersan. Silly of me to think he'd be a part of the rotation. Why sign him if you're not going to play him? Especially coming off what looked to be a slump busting game. And how have they not even attempted to "even out" this roster via trade? Ok, fine. We have 5 bigs with similar skill level in Dally, Henson, Ersan, Udoh, and Sanders. But guess what... we don't have one f***ing shooting guard on the team. Meanwhile, the head coach sets his rotations like its elementary school parochial league. Its not about winning. Its about making sure every kid plays and has fun.

And, again, its just brutal listening to Mac and Pashke talk about "the bench." They were trying real hard last night to sell "the bench" as this fantastic unit. The entire team, minus Jennings and Ellis, could be considered "the bench." Another season of Skiles as the head coach. Another season of no defined roles for his roster. Get him the f*** out of town and see what someone else can do with this group of guys.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#96 » by Badgerlander » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Don't worry Moute will be back soon and our rotations can get even bigger
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#97 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Through 13:

O: 18th (103.4)
D: 13th (103.6)
Pace: 2nd (94.4)
Expected W-L: 15th (.494, 40.5 wins over full season)
Actual W-L: 12th (.538, 44.1 wins over full season)
RPI: 11th (.511)
SOS: 13th (.502)
SRS: 15th (-.77)
PPG Differential: 14th (-.15)
Hollinger Power Rank: updated later today

We're right in our wheelhouse. Exactly middle of the road.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#98 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:The expectations from this team have been set a lot higher then they should have because of a fast start against mostly bad teams.

Completely agree with this. On another note, we're also 0-10 vs. homecourt teams since the trade.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#99 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Max Green wrote:
paul wrote:

I don't care if you're an Aussie or not, but you are a Bogut Homer who reads any post that's pro trade as Monta RulZZZZ.

Yeah it is what it is there. There is a decent chance that Bogut never plays again at this point and somehow the trade is still bad. I'm not sure how that is possible.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#100 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:01 pm

I think it's probably because we're a better team without Ellis on the floor. Just because a player plays, it doesn't matter if he's actually hurting you instead of helping. It's like arguing that Gooden being healthy is a positive and not a negative. Udoh is a definite positive from the deal, but he's not getting enough minutes to counteract Monta's negative impact right now.

Now, if we turn Monta into value the trade gets a whole lot better. I'm just not sure we can or will do that.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks