ImageImage

PG: More blowouts if it means more Lamb

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Re: PG: More blowouts if it means more Lamb 

Post#161 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:26 am

AussieBuck wrote:Data size. Currently Monta is on track to be the greatest iso defender ever. :D

yeah... but still. the data size is still the games weve actually watched. harris has struggled... obviously.

how in the hell is harris showing up this good. i can kind of see monta.... he hasnt been nearly as bad as everybody has been saying with the exception of that 2nd game against rip..... but harris?
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#162 » by randy84 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 am

Harris' numbers are actually easy to explain once you think about. Remember the metrics is points per plays. The Bucks usually start off with Harris makes a couple of baskets, then he is frozen out and/or benched. So his number look high because he doesn't have alot of plays run for him and the ones he does have he usually scores.

Defense is kind of the same thing. Since Skiles has a short lease with him. When he screws up, he might have 7 plays run and if he misses on 2 plays, he is usually yanked never to return. So essentially if the coach yanks you after one screw up, your numbers are going to look better because you haven't repeatedly screwed up a lot of plays.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#163 » by AussieBuck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:39 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i want to hear all the metrics junkies explain this one.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Data size. Currently Monta is on track to be the greatest iso defender ever. :D

yeah... but still. the data size is still the games weve actually watched. harris has struggled... obviously.

how in the hell is harris showing up this good. i can kind of see monta.... he hasnt been nearly as bad as everybody has been saying with the exception of that 2nd game against rip..... but harris?

I know you see advanced stats and think some guy in thick glasses is making something up from a mathematical formula but this is just guys watching videos and tracking individual defensive plays and noting whether on not the ball went in the hole. Harris hasn't actually struggled overall playing individual D any more than anyone else in the league. You're reacting to the Skiles hook like it's logical.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#164 » by randy84 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 am

Just to kind of compare.

Ellis: off ppp - .84, rank - 222, def ppp - .72, rank - 38

Afflalo: off ppp - .87, rank - 194, def ppp - .83, rank - 123

People think of Afflalo as more of a defensive SG than Monta but the numbers don't bear that out by quite a wide margin. Actually, Afflalo is better offensively than Monta which you wouldn't have thought.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#165 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 am

AussieBuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i want to hear all the metrics junkies explain this one.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

I know you see advanced stats and think some guy in thick glasses is making something up from a mathematical formula but this is just guys watching videos and tracking individual defensive plays and noting whether on not the ball went in the hole. Harris hasn't actually struggled overall playing individual D any more than anyone else in the league. You're reacting to the Skiles hook like it's logical.

so you feel as if its legitimate? i figured youd have a more logical explanation to explain an inaccuracy showing up here. if its so then in a way thats pretty awesome.....actually.

well except for jennings and ersan. for christ sakes going on there.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#166 » by AussieBuck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:27 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
so you feel as if its legitimate? i figured youd have a more logical explanation to explain an inaccuracy showing up here. if its so then in a way thats pretty awesome.....actually.

well except for jennings and ersan. for christ sakes going on there.

Good D doesn't always stop scores and bad D doesn't always lead to buckets. (Plus help/team D isn't described at all) It's legit in that it's telling you the end results of man D but it's not particularly important given the small amount of plays covered.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
nenanena
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#167 » by nenanena » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 am

it's a wonder that felton was able to get to the lane as often as he did. nobody is harking on jennings' defense. for someone as quick as he is, there is no excuse for that. ellis has played pretty unheralded defense though. his block against dwayne wade was huge. but lamb has looked really good on both ends. we might not need to trade for a young 2 anymore if he keeps this up.
i hope the lineup switch is for udoh to start...
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#168 » by AussieBuck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:02 am

Jennings having to get carried off the court a few days ago is a pretty good excuse.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#169 » by BUCKnation » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:42 pm

I may be wrong, but I dont think Jennings was on Felton when they made that run. He was on Prigioni and Ellis was ushering Felton into the lane, with Fatty providing zero help defense.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#170 » by Run-MKE 311 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:39 pm

This crap makes me sick, I want to see competitve ball, not a tank job for the rest of the season.

Who are we going to tank in order to get?! Tanking is not even a sure thing towards getting the #1 pick.

I am so sick of this garbage, I am just as tired of Kohl, Skiles, Hammond and the rest of the nonsense, but I do not want to see a tank job.

I want to see the team and franchise get back to being the proud symbol of Milwaukee that it once was.
Ball so hard.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks