PG: More blowouts if it means more Lamb

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Re: PG: More blowouts if it means more Lamb 

Post#61 » by humanrefutation » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:08 am

No one could stop Melo. Lack of effort on the boards. Jumpers just not falling. It was just one of those games.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#62 » by humanrefutation » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:11 am

Oh, and mad props to Sector Seven. I was sitting about ten rows in front of you guys. You're great.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#63 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:14 am

Maybe it is just me, but it seemed like Sanders plays much better when paired with Udoh and the last few games there has been less of that. Not sure of the minute breakdown, but I'm curious of anyone else's thoughts.

Also I think the Twolves may be a good time to trot out a starting lineup of Jellis, MDJ, Epke, Larry starting lineup. Give Tobias a chance to come off the bench and take some of the pressure off. Bring the rotation down a bit to Udrih, Lamb, Tobias, Ers, and Henson or Dalembert...Whomever matches up better.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#64 » by drew881 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:14 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
We also need to talk a bit about Tobias. His poor defense is getting concerning in a Charlie V kind of way. The book is out now that if you've got a SF with driving ability, you simply set a pick or shake Tobias and then run in for the layup. I'm not sure this is something that gets corrected with experience. Either you can stay in front of your man and fight through screens or you can't.

But we love Tobias on here, so we won't talk about that. We will just mentioned that Daniels didn't do much better guarding Melo as well. It would be nice to have Moute back but I'm not holding my breath.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#65 » by Buck You » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 am

ComeBackRay34 wrote:Really not happy about that Bulls win now. Lose that game and this one could have been Skiles' last. That game bought him time that probably he didn't even want. :roll:

I don't see the rational of thinking that if we lost to the bulls that skiles would be fired.

This organization just doesn't do things that way.
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#66 » by Scoops » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:35 am

Scott needs to go. Not that anything is completely his fault but he's not going to get anything more out of this group.
Go Bucks!
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#67 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:48 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I see Gery has his anti Skiles agenda running full steam. I think what Skiles did tonight to Monta and Jennings was what he'd do sometimes to Bogut. He demands excellence from the teams best players. Sure those two were scoring but they also were playing half asleep on defense and Skiles got ticked and said he was going to teach them a lesson. Now whether those two guys care at all, who knows.

?

Not sure what to make of this, didn't they play near enough to 30 minutes each even though we were blown out way before they were anywhere near those numbers?

When Skiles went on his insane alpha dog fighting missions versus Bogut he'd pull him 10 minutes in and never return him regardless of what happened in the game. He didn't do anything like that with either Ellis or Jennings today.

We also need to talk a bit about Tobias. His poor defense is getting concerning in a Charlie V kind of way. The book is out now that if you've got a SF with driving ability, you simply set a pick or shake Tobias and then run in for the layup. I'm not sure this is something that gets corrected with experience. Either you can stay in front of your man and fight through screens or you can't.

It was a problem, but no more of a problem than it was for Daniels who replaced him only to get lit up like a Christmas tree. If you remember just a few games ago Tobes started playing excellent defense (and offense) on Lebron before Skiles yanked him in favor of another vet. His D can be exposed at times but he's no sieve and is showing effort - most 20 year olds coming into the league are extremely bad defenders.

There's also no doubt in my mind that a huge part of Tobes problem is that he plays the vast majority of his minutes with one of the worst help defenders in the league behind him, while most of our other guys get the benefit of playing with Udoh and Sanders backing them up.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#68 » by old skool » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 am

Any lineup with Sanders, Henson, Lamb, or Harris is at a huge disadvantage against a legit NBA team. Those players can all do good things, but they are a mess in so many ways.

Sanders, Henson and Harris are poor rebounders. They don't keep a body on their man. They are out of position. They cost the Bucks the game against Chicago and fueled the blow out against the Knicks.

Sanders is still a project at best. The other three have an NBA future, but all display huge flaws.

I think that it hurts their individual development to play with each other. It would be better for any of them to be paired with vet like Dunleavy and Udrih. When two or more of them are on the floor together, the ensuing chaos negates any positive experience they might gain.

The Bucks are not shooting horribly, but their defense and rebounding is woeful. Sanders, Henson, and Harris are costing the Bucks games. The more they play, the more the Bucks lose.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,614

Post#69 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 am

old skool wrote:The Bucks are not shooting horribly, but their defense and rebounding is woeful. Sanders, Henson, and Harris are costing the Bucks games. The more they play, the more the Bucks lose.

Why does Monta get a pass? His defense is woeful at best and let's not act like his "playmaking" is getting us anywhere. Is it his 40% shooting that doesn't put him on that list?

Harris, Henson and Sanders aren't starters on a good team, but we are far from a good team. We need these players to grow.

Fact is, these players are rotational players on our roster. You can switch your rotations whatever way you want but we don't have a core group of players that we know what we can get night in and night out from, our talent is mediocre at best.

We're going to be the same team this season as last no matter who is playing. We are going to look bad against good teams and we are going to look good against most bad teams.

The expectations from this team have been set a lot higher then they should have because of a fast start against mostly bad teams.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paul
RealGM

Post#70 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:10 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:The expectations from this team have been set a lot higher then they should have because of a fast start against mostly bad teams.

And a strong finish against 90% tanking teams late last season.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#71 » by Turd Ferguson » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:13 am

Playing the youth heavier minutes will result in more losses, you say? And the head coach of a mediocre franchise has little net influence on how many wins a team procures outside of his rotations and motivational techniques?

Who would argue that more minutes to the young guys wouldn't result in fewer wins this season? Playing them and getting a better draft pick is just about everybody's wet dream here.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
paul
RealGM

Post#72 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 am

I'm happy for a combination of both to be played given we're in a 'win now' mode rather than rebuilding as we'd all like to. The point is the right guys need to play. Daniels taking Harris' starting spot despite giving up baskets just as easily is completely idiotic regardless of the age of anyone involved.

Pryz playing over Henson and Sanders a couple of games ago is completely idiotic regardless of the age of those involved.

Monta being left on the floor for 35 mpg even when absolutely destroying his own team over Lamb or Harris is idiotic regardless of the ages of those involved.

We could go on for 3 pages. Skiles is an idiot.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#73 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 am

paul wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:The expectations from this team have been set a lot higher then they should have because of a fast start against mostly bad teams.

If anyone took away anything from the ending of last season other then negatives they really were kidding themselves.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paul
RealGM

Post#74 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:21 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
paul wrote:

If anyone took away anything from the ending of last season other then negatives they really were kidding themselves.

Max, oh Max?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#75 » by trwi7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:22 am

frothbrain wrote: I just want to say the Bucks have great commentators.

Made me lol.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#76 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:24 am

Turd Ferguson wrote:Who would argue that more minutes to the young guys wouldn't result in fewer wins this season? Playing them and getting a better draft pick is just about everybody's wet dream here.

I mean if you charge out 40 minutes a game with Jennings - Lamb - Tobes - Henson - Sanders, sure you're going to lose some games.

Problem is, most of those players are currently our best options at their position at certain points in the game.

If they're playing awful you don't play them,but if Melo is lighting up everyone theres no reason to single out Tobes, if Noah and Boozer are outrebounding everyone theres no reason to single out Henson and Sanders.

Thing we don't have many options better then these players right now, playing them isn't really a worse option then their counterparts.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#77 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:26 am

paul wrote:Max, oh Max?

He's a fan of the PPGZ. Looking at W/L without factoring opponents is the PPGZ of that.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#78 » by Max Green » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:29 am

paul wrote:
Max, oh Max?

Why are you bringing my name up? I never claimed we were a great team based on our "strong" finish to last season. I simply pointed out we have a winning record since the trade, and we are a better team based on it. Until it's proven otherwise I will continue to stand by it.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
dogswithbeesintheirmouths
Head Coach
And1: 1,985

Post#79 » by dogswithbeesintheirmouths » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 am

Defense was braindead tonight. 4 or 5 different guys left Novak wide open for 3. There was frequently a ton of space on the interior with just about everybody getting out of position. Although I would have liked to see him back in the game late, Tobes was facepalm-inducing on D.

And Larry Sanders needs to know who he is. Hey Larry, you're not getting the ball on the top of the key because we want you to play point guard. Lately he's been running his own big man clinic on what not to do with the ball.
paul
RealGM

Post#80 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:33 am

Max Green wrote:
paul wrote:
Max, oh Max?

I never claimed we were a great team based on our "strong" finish to last season. I simply pointed out we have a winning record since the trade, and we are a better team based on it. Until it's proven otherwise I will continue to stand by it.

Thought that's pretty much exactly what you were doing lol. What you said in your next sentence pretty much contradicted the bolded sentence.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks