ATL: The New Orleans Pelicans edition

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,768

Re: ATL: The New Orleans Pelicans edition 

Post#441 » by Ayt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 am

stellation wrote:
Ayt wrote:LOL. Derek Fisher airballs short by like 3 feet in OT against Boston.

WTF is he doing getting minutes for anyone?

Dude, it's DEREK FISHER!

I assume that's how he's getting minutes.

COACH ON THE FLOOR AND WHATNOT!
Shinyhubcaps
Sixth Man
And1: 50

Post#442 » by Shinyhubcaps » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:27 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Here is some great news. The lakers don't get their first round pick this year. If they make the playoffs it goes to Cleveland. If they make the lotto it goes to Phoenix. This according to Larry Coon.

Of course I expect a big rebound when Nash gets back. But good times, good times right now.

paulpressey25 wrote:You might as well start the Larry Sanders contract thread. He's going to want an Ibaka quality extension next fall. I'd much prefer a Taj Gibson contract or better yet letting him go to RFA the following summer just so we can make sure this level of play continues to two full seasons.

Good times, Good times.

New catch phrase? Like it.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#443 » by stellation » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:28 am

Shinyhubcaps wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Here is some great news. The lakers don't get their first round pick this year. If they make the playoffs it goes to Cleveland. If they make the lotto it goes to Phoenix. This according to Larry Coon.

Of course I expect a big rebound when Nash gets back. But good times, good times right now.

paulpressey25 wrote:You might as well start the Larry Sanders contract thread. He's going to want an Ibaka quality extension next fall. I'd much prefer a Taj Gibson contract or better yet letting him go to RFA the following summer just so we can make sure this level of play continues to two full seasons.

Good times, Good times.

New catch phrase? Like it.

Drew's like the Candy Man, say his name enough times and he appears.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,768

Post#444 » by Ayt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:31 am

Nebula1 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I am extremely high on Beal, he was number two on my board.

That said, if he and their next draft pick have the same amount of impact on wins as Harden alone would have I would be extremely surprised. If Harden wasn't a rebuilding piece himself being only 23 this would definitely be different, but Harden is a guy you can win with now and build with in the future.

I think Washington is good with either guy and I'm just not as quick to say Harden is (or will be) that much better than Beal, if at all.

Harden and Beal play against each other tonight.

That is ridiculous. I'll put it in my sig so we can all laugh about it over the next couple years. The likelihood of Beal being as good as Harden is right now is miniscule, and Harden is still only 23 and in his first season as the man.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#445 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:32 am

Dragic just hit a gamewinner on a sleeping Marc Gasol.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#446 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:34 am

Brad Beal is also 19. It's just too early to make absolutes in these careers. Wizards fought tonight, but certainly didn't have enough. Harden was really good.

Tough loss for Memphis tonight in Phoenix.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#447 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 am

Gordon Hayward
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#448 » by stellation » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 am

paul wrote:Dragic just hit a gamewinner on a sleeping Marc Gasol.

I like Goran.

Am I the only one who thinks that Marc Gasol always looks like he's asleep?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#449 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:41 am

I love Marc Gasol's game. Memphis has one of the most fun squad's to watch in the NBA. Tonight sucked, however.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#450 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 am

Mo with a deep 3 game winner versus the Spurs. Somewhere jerrod is very happy.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#451 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:20 am

Ayt wrote:The next Ray Allen minus the jumper.

On 16-23 ft jumpers Beal is shooting a Monta Ellis like 28% on 4 attempts per game. That's a big problem. Conversely, it's encouraging that he's finishing at the rim, getting to the line at a decent clip, and posting a positive A/T.

Beal's college stats projected him to be a lesser Harden, but Beal is very young and he's facing a little more adversity than Harden as a rookie. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. A good case study.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#452 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:28 am

paul wrote:Mo with a deep 3 game winner versus the Spurs. Somewhere jerrod is very happy.

He's been really good for the Jazz.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#453 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:30 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:
Ayt wrote:The next Ray Allen minus the jumper.

On 16-23 ft jumpers Beal is shooting a Monta Ellis like 28% on 4 attempts per game. That's a big problem. Conversely, it's encouraging that he's finishing at the rim, getting to the line at a decent clip, and posting a positive A/T.

Beal's college stats projected him to be a lesser Harden, but Beal is very young and he's facing a little more adversity than Harden as a rookie. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. A good case study.

Brad Beal wasn't even a great shooter in college which is why I never got the Allen comparisons. He shots like 33% from the college three.

He has a beautiful looking shot, it just doesn't go in a lot.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#454 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 am

Bradley Beal on a rookie contract is probably worth more and easier to build a team around than Harden at $80M. Especially when you consider he derails their best route of tanking even though Grunfeld got Okafor, Nene and Ariza to win now, you'd think they'd be ready to a pay a guy like Harden. They'll get another high draft pick and Wall/Beal and top pick will have something going next year maybe.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#455 » by raferfenix » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:00 am

What's up with the Nuggets this season? It's early but it seems like something isn't working.

Their board is talking a lot about trading Gallinari in particular. Would we pursue him or some other Denver trade do we think?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#456 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:01 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Bradley Beal on a rookie contract is probably worth more and easier to build a team around than Harden at $80M. Especially when you consider he derails their best route of tanking even though Grunfeld got Okafor, Nene and Ariza to win now, you'd think they'd be ready to a pay a guy like Harden. They'll get another high draft pick and Wall/Beal and top pick will have something going next year maybe.

I don't see the point in tanking for a guy you hope to one day be as good as the 23 year old you could have for sure had.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,613

Post#457 » by blazza18 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:12 am

raferfenix wrote:What's up with the Nuggets this season? It's early but it seems like something isn't working.

Their board is talking a lot about trading Gallinari in particular. Would we pursue him or some other Denver trade do we think?

They've played 17 games on the road, so that might have something to do with their slow start atm. I guess no one is panicking there yet because of that. They're 5-1 at home. I expect they'll be somewhere in the top 8 eventually.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#458 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't see the point in tanking for a guy you hope to one day be as good as the 23 year old you could have for sure had.

Who really knows what the terms of the deal were. Houston had to give up a ton to get Harden and I imagine Washington would have as well.

I always thought he was closer to Eric Gordon than Ray Allen. He's just got looks like Allen so of course people gravitate to that comparison.

Ayt wrote:That is ridiculous. I'll put it in my sig so we can all laugh about it over the next couple years. The likelihood of Beal being as good as Harden is right now is miniscule, and Harden is still only 23 and in his first season as the man.

At this very moment Harden is clearly the better player. What I was saying was Beal at 19 vs Harden at 19 and their respective careers moving forward from that point. In addition to that, Beal hasn't had the luxury of coming up in the Thunder program while deferring to Durant. Although I will say Beal needs to start hitting his jumper at a higher clip.

I think as their careers progress, the players will be much closer in play quality and production than some allude to as if it were a route by Harden.

My statement is far from ridiculous as I'm saying I won't make absolute determinations about players who are in the infancy of their careers and things change. I think it's ridiculous to believe you can define who a player is with 100% certainty 20 games into a career.

I'll just wait until Beal starts making whatever statistical expecations people have of him and suddenly people will start liking him.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#459 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Forgot that OKC had Toronto's 1st in that Houston deal and not Houston's 1st. It's top 3 protected this year, top 2 in 2014, and top 1 in 2015. So at worst, they get it next year in likely a better draft. And they are on pace to win 66 games and got Martin and Lamb. Be funny if they landed around 4-6, and landed Poythress. Westbrook/Thabo/Durant/Ibaka/Perkins with a bench of Maynor/Lamb/Jones III/Poythress/Collison. Best run team in the NBA.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#460 » by Max Green » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:59 pm

LOl @ Dwight saying he already knows where he who he will sign with next season. As of now I'm pretty sure it ain't the Lakers. I can't think of many teams that's ready to win now that will have max cap space available.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks