yardbarker

Player of the Game - Bucks at Nets (12/09)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Player of the Game

Brandon Jennings
66%
Monta Ellis
28%
Marquis Daniels
2%
Larry Sanders
4%

Total votes : 53

Post#21 Re: Player of the Game - Bucks at Nets (12/09
Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 pm by AussieBuck

Serge28 wrote:
Eh, maybe you're right, I dunno. I think Daniels also did some very nice things that didn't show up in the boxscore against the Nets. Of course, I don't have to go into the details on Larry's immense impact defensively that goes well beyond blocks and steals. Like I said, I really didn't like how Ersan got pushed around by Evans on the boards. Doesn't really matter though in the end - Daniels, Sanders, Ersan. Those guys don't really have a chance to win this poll. I realize that sometimes people will disagree with the selections I put out there and/or the order in which the players are listed. I hope for the most part though, it's been good over the years. :)

:thumbsup:

Nice as Monta's game was I don't think he was a chance either given that Jennings destroyed their best player on both ends. Granted Deron's a fat ass these days but he's still a good player.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
And1: 2,195

Post#22 Re: Player of the Game - Bucks at Nets (12/09
Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm by RickInCali

I go with Sanders. 3 blocks in the first 11:00 set the tone. His D in the first half kept them out front when the Bucks went cold. His offense was obviously terrible.....
We all need hope, but hope is not a plan.
RickInCali
Junior
And1: 1

Post#23 Re: Player of the Game - Bucks at Nets (12/09
Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:58 pm by HurricaneKid

This is seriously an easy one. Anyone that says it is anyone other than BJ is overthinking this. By a lot.

TS%> .600
scoring leader
asst leader
2nd in Rebs (tied with Sanders)
5! steals

Against BKLNs best player.

I mean I know he can take some maddening shots but on days they go in and his defensive gambles actually pay off its all worthwhile.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
HurricaneKid
Starter
And1: 206

Post#24 Re: Player of the Game - Bucks at Nets (12/09
Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:22 pm by Serge28

Jennings widens the gap at the top:

Player of the Year

Brandon Jennings: 3.5

Larry Sanders: 2

Marquis Daniels: 1

Mike Dunleavy: 1

Samuel Dalembert: 1