ImageImage

PG: We'll meet again in the finals!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Re: PG: We'll meet again in the finals! 

Post#21 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 am

Monta played well this game. That said, he really does suck at basketball in general. Long Twoz 4 Life.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#22 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 am

Bad Midget wrote:
paul wrote:
LOL you came into the thread and announced your arrival with "Monta Ellis is great at basketball" or whatever and didn't expect some kind of reaction? We all assumed you were trolling specifically for a reaction. Then every time he made a bucket, even those couple in junktime, you were proclaiming "PROVE THE HATERS WRONG MONTA!!!!"

If you'd come in and said "I think Monta is better than he gets credit for but hasn't had a great season" you wouldn't have got anything like the reaction you did which was much more about your posting style than Monta Ellis.

Yeah, I was being a bit facetious. Have to have unreasonable optimism sometimes, especially with the Bucks :D

I have no problem agreeing with that :lol:
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#23 » by stellation » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:57 am

El Duderino wrote:
paul wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:How have they won 7 games?

Meh the thing about brick stupid basketballers with heaps of talent is that occasionally they get hot, like white hot, and that team has like 12 of them. It happens maybe one in ten games but you don't want to be playing them when it does.

Also teams go into their dead building and go to sleep realizing how much better than them they are, same way the Bobcats have gotten wins this season. The Warriors did it, went in there and had Curry and Lee sleepwalk through a last second loss.

I never ever watch the Kings play except in games vs the Bucks, but for anyone who has watched them more, how the hell is Cousins still a 43% shooter from the field given his size? Does he just jack up a bunch of Monta like jumpers?

He is a great talent and every team in the league would like to have him, but he doesn't seem to have the highest bball IQ to go around. I don't want to overstate things, but he might be a guy that's a little frustrating to coach.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paul
RealGM

Post#24 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 am

El Duderino wrote:
paul wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:How have they won 7 games?

Meh the thing about brick stupid basketballers with heaps of talent is that occasionally they get hot, like white hot, and that team has like 12 of them. It happens maybe one in ten games but you don't want to be playing them when it does.

Also teams go into their dead building and go to sleep realizing how much better than them they are, same way the Bobcats have gotten wins this season. The Warriors did it, went in there and had Curry and Lee sleepwalk through a last second loss.

I never ever watch the Kings play except in games vs the Bucks, but for anyone who has watched them more, how the hell is Cousins still a 43% shooter from the field given his size? Does he just jack up a bunch of Monta like jumpers?

Pretty much. He also forces terrible shots and is one of the alltime great black holes on O, good luck getting the ball out of his hands by choice. He's extremely talented and incredibly stupid, like pretty much everyone on the team.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#25 » by drew881 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 am

2 games over. Lets see how they do against Irving, Varejao, and Miles.
paul
RealGM

Post#26 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:59 am

stellation wrote:I don't want to overstate things, but he might be a guy that's a little frustrating to coach.

LOL, maybe the understatement of the year.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#27 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:02 am

this whole down year in the east is a little overrated to begin with, and were holding our own with a slew of injuries early. this next game against the clippers is gonna be kinda huge if we win it. either way 13-10 is really reasonable. im starting to like our chances here. the 8th seed ceiling everybody talks about seriously may be a crock of sht.
paul
RealGM

Post#28 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:07 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:this whole down year in the east is a little overrated to begin with, and were holding our own with a slew of injuries early. this next game against the clippers is gonna be kinda huge if we win it. either way 13-10 is really reasonable. im starting to like our chances here. the 8th seed ceiling everybody talks about seriously may be a crock of sht.

The 'down' year in the East is not overrated, the East is woefully bad compared with the West, probably the biggest separation I can remember in my time watching the NBA.

As for the 'slew' of injuries, missing Beno and Dunleavy for a few games, Moute for a bit early and now Larry and Udoh for one is hardly crippling compared to what many are going through. Our core has been healthy pretty much all season so far - if we start losing Jennings, Sanders for an extended period, Ersan, Udoh for extended periods etc then we'll notice it.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#29 » by stellation » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 am

paul wrote:
stellation wrote:I don't want to overstate things, but he might be a guy that's a little frustrating to coach.

LOL, maybe the understatement of the year.

It must have been hard to be his collegiate coach when it came time to declare for the draft- on one hand you keep him and you can continue to dominate and have a successful team, on the other hand you have to continue coaching him.

"Ahhh, coach- I gottsta talks to you about draft"
"YOU'RE READY! YOU'RE READY!"
#FreeChuckDiesel
Jammo29
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#30 » by Jammo29 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 am

7th seed FTW!!!!!!!!!11111
http://www.katelwatson.blogspot.com <<- click here for a better life
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,996

Post#31 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:24 am

Jammo29 wrote:7th seed FTW!!!!!!!!!11111

It does appear like there will be nine teams in the East in the running for those eight spots, assuming that at some point Orlando starts to tank. And we will be right in there for one of those last spots. The plan is coming together.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#32 » by ibanezjp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:48 am

paul wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:this whole down year in the east is a little overrated to begin with, and were holding our own with a slew of injuries early. this next game against the clippers is gonna be kinda huge if we win it. either way 13-10 is really reasonable. im starting to like our chances here. the 8th seed ceiling everybody talks about seriously may be a crock of sht.

The 'down' year in the East is not overrated, the East is woefully bad compared with the West, probably the biggest separation I can remember in my time watching the NBA.

As for the 'slew' of injuries, missing Beno and Dunleavy for a few games, Moute for a bit early and now Larry and Udoh for one is hardly crippling compared to what many are going through. Our core has been healthy pretty much all season so far - if we start losing Jennings, Sanders for an extended period, Ersan, Udoh for extended periods etc then we'll notice it.

I think you're forgetting about the west just 4 and 5 years ago. Just go look at the final standings from 07, 08, and 09. You had most teams in the west playoffs with 50+ wins and some east playoff teams under .500. I think 07-08 had every western conf playoff team 50 wins or above.

I think the west is still a little above the east but not like back then.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,961

Post#33 » by Siefer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 am

Drew Gooden played half the game and wasn't an abomination.

Thus giving Skiles all the reason he needs to insert Gooden back into the rotation.

:(
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#34 » by RandyBreuer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:06 am

lol at this thread, and like we talked about a few weeks back...I don't think the east has been this bad(at least for now with all the injuries)since 2001 when the Bucks came within 1 game of the Finals.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
paul
RealGM

Post#35 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 am

ibanezjp wrote:
paul wrote:

I think you're forgetting about the west just 4 and 5 years ago. Just go look at the final standings from 07, 08, and 09. You had most teams in the west playoffs with 50+ wins and some east playoff teams under .500. I think 07-08 had every western conf playoff team 50 wins or above.

I'm not forgetting those years, and the West is an absolute mile above the East this season. There are only 3 teams in the West that I don't think would make the playoffs in the East this season, while there's no way in hell we make the playoffs in the West and we could get a look at anything as high as a 4-5 seed in the East depending on how things shake out.

The East is a steaming pile.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#36 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Tobes had zero points scored against him. Someone tell Skiles. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#37 » by vlietinho » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Jammo29 wrote:7th seed FTW!!!!!!!!!11111

It does appear like there will be nine teams in the East in the running for those eight spots, assuming that at some point Orlando starts to tank. And we will be right in there for one of those last spots. The plan is coming together.

Yeah, Hannibal Kohl loves it when his plan comes together :-?
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#38 » by Chapter29 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Bad Midget wrote:Was unaware of the visceral loathing the Realgm Bucks board has for Monta Ellis. I find it rather amusing.

Double digit assists. Haters gonna Hate, I guess.

I agree to a point, but the guy is shooting sub 40%. Given his and Jennings for that matter high usage that puts the team in a big hole trying to win games. You don't win many games when your team shoots 40% and these 2 take a high % of our teams shots. We won last night shooting 40% only because the Kings aren't very good. Most nights a good team beats us when we shoot 40%. Heck if they have Cousins and they likely win that game.

Beating the Kings on your own court without their best player isn't a big feat.
Giannis
is
UponUs
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#39 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:07 pm

ibanezjp wrote:
paul wrote:

you gotta remember some of these guys are warriors fans now. they stick around here to laugh and mock us when we do bad and minimize whatever success we have. you wont get a straight answer about anything without that bullsht agenda popping up from them. this east-west thing plays right in to that.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#40 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Through 20:

O: 20th (103.0)
D: 10th (103.3)
Pace: 5th (93.6)
Expected W-L: 16th (.491, 40 wins over full season)
Actual W-L: 13th (.550, 45 wins over full season)
RPI: T-11th (.513)
SOS: 15th (.500)
SRS: 17th (-.64)
PPG Differential: 16th (-.20)
Hollinger Power Rank: 17th (99.346)

Jennings and Ellis combined: 36.0 ppg, .488 TS, .512 USG. League average TS is .532.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks