ImageImage

PG: We'll meet again in the finals!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Re: PG: We'll meet again in the finals! 

Post#41 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 pm

paul wrote:I'm not forgetting those years, and the West is an absolute mile above the East this season. There are only 3 teams in the West that I don't think would make the playoffs in the East this season, while there's no way in hell we make the playoffs in the West and we could get a look at anything as high as a 4-5 seed in the East depending on how things shake out.

The East is a steaming pile.

Agreed. Only Sacramento, Phoenix, and New Orleans miss the playoffs in this years East, and I'd probably say New Orleans makes it if they have both Davis and Gordon on the court.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#42 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 pm

I'd like to see what Ellis could do playing pg if he was surrounded by shooters to open up driving lanes. He should never take long twos, obviously, but at the same time you have to wonder how much the other team's ability to crowd the paint affects that. Especially with MDJ and, to a lesser extent, Udrih out. LRMAM, Udoh, Sanders, Jennings, Daniels - they cover up for his deficiency deficiencies, but on offense that's not exactly the supporting cast that enables him to play to his strengths. It's mostly still on him, but that's a factor.

It reminds me of when they surrounded Redd with a bunch of other selfish, offense-minded players instead of giving him the defenders and rebounders he needed to make up for his deficiencies. Redd in his prime was a one-man offense almost on par with Carmelo right now, but just like Carmelo his glaring inadequacies were exasperated by having the wrong personnel around him (Mo, TJ, Magloire, CV, Simmons, etc). Give Redd teammates like LRMAM, Sanders, Udoh, Daniels, plus a few solid offensive players like Udrih, Ersan, and MDJ, and I think we would look back on his prime a lot differently.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#43 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:34 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
you gotta remember some of these guys are warriors fans now. they stick around here to laugh and mock us when we do bad and minimize whatever success we have. you wont get a straight answer about anything without that bullsht agenda popping up from them. this east-west thing plays right in to that.

+1

Last year early in the season we blew the game to Sacramento. But plaudits still abounded back then for the acquisition of Sean Livingston and the fact Skiles was playing him. This year we win the game we needed to last night with Marquis Daniels contributing. Bucks and Skiles suck.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#44 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Also, Moute really looks improved offensively. Much more fluid attacking the basket, jumper has gone from absolutely terrible to somewhat passable. Post game has improved. I think he could be a guy to give us 10-12 ppg at above league average efficiency, which would help considering where our offense currently is.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#45 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:43 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Also, Moute really looks improved offensively. Much more fluid attacking the basket, jumper has gone from absolutely terrible to somewhat passable. Post game has improved. I think he could be a guy to give us 10-12 ppg at above league average efficiency, which would help considering where our offense currently is.

Yeah he's really playing well.

I would like the Bucks to get a shooter though. Wondering how cheap or plausible Garcia with the Kings would be. The hard part is making the cap work while not giving up much.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#46 » by JBucks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Moute should be attacking the rim every chance he gets. Good finisher. Still should not be shooting jumpers. I've already seen him hit the side of the backboard twice this year on baseline shots. He'll just never be a proficient jump shooter.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#47 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Was at the game and on the post game Sparky was talking about going after Garcia.

Thoughts on the eye ball test...

I thought Moute looked really good. Jennings and Ellis seemed in control for the most part, had their moments, but thought Ellis passed the ball really well. Had seats pretty close to the floor and he is really quick in person and has some hops. Lamb had a tough night. Gooden is like loved by the fans. There were a few boo's but easily the most cheered when checking in. He did his normal thing, filled his stat sheet but just doesn't do much for me. Ersan is looking better all around. Harris was getting really frustrated at the refs and just boiled over when he got the T. I think in time he will be a good player. Dalembert seems so clumsy and at times lazy. He's not very good besides winning the tip.

The Kings looked very disinterested and I know they were undermanned. They have some talent but not a good mix. Evans is impressive looking physically but a non-factor. Salmons looked servicable, but his demeanor looks like he wants to be anywhere else but there --- just his look I guess.

Small attendance but fairly active.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#48 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:59 pm

And just looked at the box score, guess I didn't realize Evans led them in scoring --- was pretty quiet 17 in my opinion. And Jennings/Ellis shooting #'s were pretty rough.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#49 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 pm

N8Frog wrote:Was at the game and on the post game Sparky was talking about going after Garcia.

Sparky is pretty much clueless. Just because he's the loudest doesn't mean he knows anything. We don't need a 5th small forward on this team. So no thanks to Garcia.

I thought Moute looked really good.

Moute looks great. I think the key for him is being completely healthy for the first time in a long while. He should definitely stick to finishing around the rim and camping out on the baseline. Thats where he's at his best on the offensive end.

Gooden is like loved by the fans. There were a few boo's but easily the most cheered when checking in.

He's loved like a side show. Like a Birdman for the Nuggets. Or a John Kuhn for the Packers.

Ersan is looking better all around.

So, wait, he wasn't a colossal waste of money and shouldn't be traded immediately? :D
White+Purple
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#50 » by White+Purple » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Moute 17/9 per 36 at 0.554 TS%
Ersan 19/10 per 36 at 0.586 TS% in the last 8 games
Sanders 12/12 per 36 at 0.534 TS% with 5 blocks and 6 fouls
Ellis 25% usage over the last 10 games down from over 30% in the first 10

Beginnings of a purple patch here. If Jennings can find some consistency I'll start to get excited.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#51 » by Max Green » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm

We have our best record to start the season through 20 games in 7 years and some are diminishing it on purpose or not by talking about how bad the East is while overrating the West. The top 6 teams in the West are good, but the rest are average to slightly above average teams. A .500 record gets you the 8th seed in the West right now...

Denver
Portland
Lakers
Phoenix
Sacramento
New Orleans
Dallas

All have below .500 records against the East. The Mavs are currently .500 against the East.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#52 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm

White+Purple wrote:Moute 17/9 per 36 at 0.554 TS%
Ersan 19/10 per 36 at 0.586 TS% in the last 8 games
Sanders 12/12 per 36 at 0.534 TS% with 5 blocks and 6 fouls
Ellis 25% usage over the last 10 games down from over 30% in the first 10

Beginnings of a purple patch here. If Jennings GETS TRADED I'll start to get excited.

My thoughts exactly. :)
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#53 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Max Green wrote:We have our best record to start the season through 20 games in 7 years and some are diminishing it on purpose or not by talking about how bad the East is while overrating the West. The top 6 teams in the West are good, but the rest are average to slightly above average teams. A .500 record gets you the 8th seed in the West right now...

Denver
Portland
Lakers
Phoenix
Sacramento
New Orleans
Dallas

All have below .500 records against the East. The Mavs are currently .500 against the East.

I'm looking at more the talent of the rosters. The 12th seed in the West right now contains Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard. The 12th seed in the East is the Detroit Pistons. A team like Portland starts Lillard/Matthews/Batum/Aldridge and would make the playoffs in the East. Denver is the 9th seed and they start Lawson/Iggy/Gallinari/Faried.

Basically, the top of the West is much stronger (homecourt seeds) and it's much deeper with talent throughout the top 12 teams. Atlanta, who was building for next offseason this summer, is the current #3 seed in the East. Where does Atlanta finish in the West by the time we look at everything at seasons end? 7th or 8th?
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#54 » by JBucks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:01 pm

The Jennings/Lamb backcourt at the beginning of the second quarter was UGLY. We lose that game without Ellis' passing.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#55 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:05 pm

I know it was the Kings and the Bucks were likely "showcasing" but I don't like seeing Gooden on the floor.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#56 » by gbmb34 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Gooden for Garcia works. Garcia also has a team option next season so he could turn into an expiring.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#57 » by Max Green » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Max Green wrote:We have our best record to start the season through 20 games in 7 years and some are diminishing it on purpose or not by talking about how bad the East is while overrating the West. The top 6 teams in the West are good, but the rest are average to slightly above average teams. A .500 record gets you the 8th seed in the West right now...

Denver
Portland
Lakers
Phoenix
Sacramento
New Orleans
Dallas

I'm looking at more the talent of the rosters. The 12th seed in the West right now contains Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard. The 12th seed in the East is the Detroit Pistons. A team like Portland starts Lillard/Matthews/Batum/Aldridge and would make the playoffs in the East. Denver is the 9th seed and they start Lawson/Iggy/Gallinari/Faried.

Basically, the top of the West is much stronger (homecourt seeds) and it's much deeper with talent throughout the top 12 teams. Atlanta, who was building for next offseason this summer, is the current #3 seed in the East. Where does Atlanta finish in the West by the time we look at everything at seasons end? 7th or 8th?

You can name all the individual talent you want but if they can't play good enough together to win games it doesn't mean ****. The 12th seed Detroit Pistons has wins over the talented Lakers and vaunted Trailblazers. Atlanta is 6-3 currently against the West with wins against OKC, Denver, Memphis and the Clippers. They probably wouldn't be a 3 seed but they could compete for home court advantage.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#58 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

Basically, the top of the West is much stronger (homecourt seeds) and it's much deeper with talent throughout the top 12 teams. Atlanta, who was building for next offseason this summer, is the current #3 seed in the East. their Where does Atlanta finish in the West by the time we look at everything at seasons end? 7th or 8th?

switch out any of top 9 teams in the east over to the west and their chances of making the playoffs drops slightly. the bottom of the east is worse, and the top of the west is a little better..... but besides that theres very little separation. the idea that some huge difference needs to be pointed out over and over is absurd.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#59 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Max Green wrote:
You can name all the individual talent you want but if they can't play good enough together to win games it doesn't mean ****. The 12th seed Detroit Pistons has wins over the talented Lakers and vaunted Trailblazers. Atlanta is 6-3 currently against the West with wins against OKC, Denver, Memphis and the Clippers. They probably wouldn't be a 3 seed but they could compete for home court advantage.

It really does and will matter when the season is all said and done though. No way is Atlanta a homecourt team in the West. You can't just look at records though. The West plays 52 against the West. All the West teams have tougher schedules.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#60 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:57 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
switch out any of top 9 teams in the east over to the west and their chances of making the playoffs drops slightly. the bottom of the east is worse, and the top of the west is a little better..... but besides that theres very little separation. the idea that some huge difference needs to be pointed out over and over is absurd.

I think the West is better at every respective seed than the East other than the #2 seed. That's not even counting teams like LA and Denver that are currently out of the playoffs in the West. Additionally, I only see one team in the East that can win a title. Lastly, the non playoff teams in the East sans Indiana are horrendous teams.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks