ImageImage

View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
-Jragon-
Starter
Posts: 2,025
And1: 17
Joined: Nov 07, 2005
Location: It's my year
Contact:

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#46 » by -Jragon- » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I'd rather keep Monta as PG and get rid of Jennings (if Ellis would extend). I love how he passes in the pick and roll giving guys a chance with the ball moving to the rack. Jennings gets guys jumpers which only helps if they can HIT them. Ellis seems to know who to get the ball and where they can be successful when he gets a chance to bring it up (5-10 min per game). He quickly develops rapport with guys and plays off of them. We've seen games where he had Dalembert getting dunks and little layups and recently Luc was playing really well off of him. We rarely see Jennings even try to work with someone that well. He passes more as a last resort when he realizes he isn't going to be able to score or to get someone else the ball with a chance to make a good pass.
User avatar
jakecronus8
Head Coach
Posts: 7,054
And1: 1,328
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#47 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I think the best argument against Monta being a good player is that he is a Milwaukee Bucks acquisition.
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.
DWagner85
Banned User
Posts: 130
And1: 2
Joined: Dec 11, 2012

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#48 » by DWagner85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Monta is a woefully inefficient player who can go on passing spurts at time but can just as easily turn the ball over. He is an awful decision maker with the ball and is an awful man defender.

Can't wait for the day that he leaves this team.[/quote]

Are you serious? First off, kinda getting sick of reading that he is an awful decision maker, he averages 2.8 turnovers per game, and yeah I can see where you think that is bad, but go to ESPN, and look at the top 5 in Turnovers per game, Harden, Irving, Bryant, Holiday and Rondo are the top 5 in the league, Harden at 4 turnovers a game.

If I had to choose between Ellis or anyone else on the team in terms of who's hands I want the ball in, I would take Ellis more then the rest of the team combined. Because it is clear as day, to anyone who understands basketball, that he is our best player, and most likely to get the job done.
User avatar
Newz
RealGM
Posts: 41,770
And1: 2,288
Joined: Dec 05, 2005
     

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#49 » by Newz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Afflalo/McRoberts for Ellis/Gorilla.

There really would be no point in trading for Afflalo and keeping Ellis. I also wouldn't give up any young pieces. If they want to dump him for room, I'm fine with that. This is assuming we don't trade Ellis for youth/picks, which we won't.


I would just like to say your avatar choice is amazing. I was looking around on Facebook for this GIF today and couldn't find it.
Scoops wrote:My cousin's a veterinarian and after watching the video he told me Jabari will most likely have to be put down.
User avatar
jakecronus8
Head Coach
Posts: 7,054
And1: 1,328
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#50 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I'd rather keep Monta as PG and get rid of Jennings (if Ellis would extend). I love how he passes in the pick and roll giving guys a chance with the ball moving to the rack. Jennings gets guys jumpers which only helps if they can HIT them. Ellis seems to know who to get the ball and where they can be successful when he gets a chance to bring it up (5-10 min per game). He quickly develops rapport with guys and plays off of them. We've seen games where he had Dalembert getting dunks and little layups and recently Luc was playing really well off of him. We rarely see Jennings even try to work with someone that well. He passes more as a last resort when he realizes he isn't going to be able to score or to get someone else the ball with a chance to make a good pass.


While Jennings is no Nash or Rondo, the notion that Monta is a better point guard is ludicrous.
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 24,757
And1: 3,034
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#51 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

DWagner85 wrote:Monta is a woefully inefficient player who can go on passing spurts at time but can just as easily turn the ball over. He is an awful decision maker with the ball and is an awful man defender.

Can't wait for the day that he leaves this team.


Are you serious? First off, kinda getting sick of reading that he is an awful decision maker, he averages 2.8 turnovers per game, and yeah I can see where you think that is bad, but go to ESPN, and look at the top 5 in Turnovers per game, Harden, Irving, Bryant, Holiday and Rondo are the top 5 in the league, Harden at 4 turnovers a game.

If I had to choose between Ellis or anyone else on the team in terms of who's hands I want the ball in, I would take Ellis more then the rest of the team combined. Because it is clear as day, to anyone who understands basketball, that he is our best player, and most likely to get the job done.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
DWagner85
Banned User
Posts: 130
And1: 2
Joined: Dec 11, 2012

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#52 » by DWagner85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:44 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:No offense but it was not a very good first post. We have a bazillion Monta sucks/no he doesn't threads.

You also have to expect a lot of naysayers when you sing the praises of 90% of this board's least favorite player.

But yes, if you are sensitive this is not a good board to post in. The mediocrity and garbage this team consistently puts out makes for grumpy posters.


Again, my response to this is....................LEARN TO READ, THINK, AND PROCESS INFORMATION, you are overlooking the fact I am also looking for your plans for the trade deadline. Honestly gtfo and stop with the trolling, waste of all our time.
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 66,618
And1: 2,014
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#53 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 pm

I can't believe some people think Ellis would be a better point than Jennings. It's incredible to me, actually.
Current Draft Board: 1. Towns 2. Okafor 3. Mudiay 4. Russell 5. Winslow 6. Hezonja 7. Porzingis 8. Turner 9. S. Johnson 10. Kaminsky 11. Oubre 12. Cauley-Stein 13. Looney 14. T. Jones 15. Dekker 16. Grant 17. Portis
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 24,757
And1: 3,034
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#54 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Bdub with spell check?
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 90,145
And1: 5,981
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#55 » by trwi7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Bdub with spell check?


No question mark needed.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
User avatar
jakecronus8
Head Coach
Posts: 7,054
And1: 1,328
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#56 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

DWagner85 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:No offense but it was not a very good first post. We have a bazillion Monta sucks/no he doesn't threads.

You also have to expect a lot of naysayers when you sing the praises of 90% of this board's least favorite player.

But yes, if you are sensitive this is not a good board to post in. The mediocrity and garbage this team consistently puts out makes for grumpy posters.


Again, my response to this is....................LEARN TO READ, THINK, AND PROCESS INFORMATION, you are overlooking the fact I am also looking for your plans for the trade deadline. Honestly gtfo and stop with the trolling, waste of all our time.


Youre right. We dont have any trade idea threads either. And if that was trolling you are not going to last long here.
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 29,410
And1: 3,593
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#57 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Throw some names out there of players you are talking about then.

Yeah, Monta is an awful man defender.

Like the time he blocked Dwyane Wade to force OT.

His on ball defense gets dismissed for nothing around here.

Because it is **** awful. One play isn't enough to make up for 20 games of bad defense. Remember when Wade dropped like 30 on him that game?

As for targets, Afflalo, Matthews, Iggy or a young guy like Burks. A post scorer like Gasol or even unfortunately Al Jefferson would do more for the team then Monta does. I mean, I wouldn't trade Monta for a Delfino type player but throwing someone like that in a trade could make us more efficient at SG.

Monta has been absolutely atrocious in his time here. Probably out of the 40 games he's played here less then 10 he's probably been a big positive to the team.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
RiotPunch
General Manager
Posts: 9,548
And1: 414
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: Final Four
Contact:
     

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#58 » by RiotPunch » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I'd rather keep Monta as PG and get rid of Jennings (if Ellis would extend). I love how he passes in the pick and roll giving guys a chance with the ball moving to the rack. Jennings gets guys jumpers which only helps if they can HIT them. Ellis seems to know who to get the ball and where they can be successful when he gets a chance to bring it up (5-10 min per game). He quickly develops rapport with guys and plays off of them. We've seen games where he had Dalembert getting dunks and little layups and recently Luc was playing really well off of him. We rarely see Jennings even try to work with someone that well. He passes more as a last resort when he realizes he isn't going to be able to score or to get someone else the ball with a chance to make a good pass.


Image
Image
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 29,410
And1: 3,593
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#59 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Trading Brandon and keeping Monta at point guard would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen this organization do.

Trade both if you want, but putting Monta at point guard would be an absolute atrocity.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 24,757
And1: 3,034
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#60 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Trading Brandon and keeping Monta at point guard would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen this organization do.

Trade both if you want, but putting Monta at point guard would be an absolute atrocity.

Yeah even the small amount of Warriors fans that still like him don't think he's a PG.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
DWagner85
Banned User
Posts: 130
And1: 2
Joined: Dec 11, 2012

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#61 » by DWagner85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 pm

So, Ellis is a terrible passer, yada yada, but as our primary SCORER, he is averaging 0.4 assists less then Jennings, who is the player we typically have running the offense and making the pass to the shooter. Ellis knows how to make others around him better. When it is just Ellis on the court, our team flourishes, when it is Jennings and Ellis our team flounders, and when it is just Jennings our team gives up and pouts.

I vote for Ellis as the PG, trade Jennings for a solid SG like Afflalo and a draft pick.
User avatar
SpursNBucks
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,553
And1: 87
Joined: Apr 06, 2012

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#62 » by SpursNBucks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:56 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:I'd rather keep Monta as PG and get rid of Jennings (if Ellis would extend). I love how he passes in the pick and roll giving guys a chance with the ball moving to the rack. Jennings gets guys jumpers which only helps if they can HIT them. Ellis seems to know who to get the ball and where they can be successful when he gets a chance to bring it up (5-10 min per game). He quickly develops rapport with guys and plays off of them. We've seen games where he had Dalembert getting dunks and little layups and recently Luc was playing really well off of him. We rarely see Jennings even try to work with someone that well. He passes more as a last resort when he realizes he isn't going to be able to score or to get someone else the ball with a chance to make a good pass.


While Jennings is no Nash or Rondo, the notion that Monta is a better point guard is ludicrous.


I don't know if he is/would be a better PG, but a point he makes here is valid. Monta does a better job of setting up players for easy layups then Jennings. The things is I thing he would turn the ball over at a higher rate and isn't quite the ball handler Jennings is by any stretch. He does however get the ball into the post for easy baskets much better then Jennings- he did it again last night with Moute.
User avatar
jakecronus8
Head Coach
Posts: 7,054
And1: 1,328
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#63 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:56 pm

DWagner85 wrote:So, Ellis is a terrible passer, yada yada, but as our primary SCORER, he is averaging 0.4 assists less then Jennings, who is the player we typically have running the offense and making the pass to the shooter. Ellis knows how to make others around him better. When it is just Ellis on the court, our team flourishes, when it is Jennings and Ellis our team flounders, and when it is just Jennings our team gives up and pouts.

I vote for Ellis as the PG, trade Jennings for a solid SG like Afflalo and a draft pick.


Image
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.
User avatar
raferfenix
RealGM
Posts: 14,059
And1: 247
Joined: Apr 05, 2003

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#64 » by raferfenix » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Or we could trade both Jennings and Ellis.
User avatar
jakecronus8
Head Coach
Posts: 7,054
And1: 1,328
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#65 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:57 pm

raferfenix wrote:Or we could trade both Jennings and Ellis.


Here here
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks