ImageImage

20 Game Mark Bucks Player Grades?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Re: 20 Game Mark Bucks Player Grades? 

Post#21 » by jeremyd236 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:07 am

These are all RELATIVE to expectations/talent level!!!

Jennings: B (he's exactly what we thought he was)
Ellis: B (see above)
Ilyasova: C+ (would get an F if it wasn't for his recent improvement)
Harris: B- (didn't expect much - high efficiency, horrible defense)
Dalembert: B- (honestly didn't expect him to be fat/out of shape)
Sanders: A (never saw this coming)
Dunleavy: B (started out incredible, no impact as of late)
Udrih: ? (as expected early on, too early to tell with injury)
Henson: B (in the time he has played, he' shown he's active and athletic. Questionable defense)
Gooden: B (he hasn't played much at all, but he's looked okay when he has. Skiles knows when to pull him.)
Udoh: A- (far exceeded my expectations)
Lamb: B (don't expect much from 2nd round rookies. He's been okay.)
Przybilla: B (he's been horrible, but it's expected with his talent/age. Shouldn't get any minutes)
Mbah a Moute: B+ (limited time/minuted, but played well)
Daniels: A- (honestly, thought he'd blow. Good defense, surprisingly okay offense as of late)

Skiles: B

Skiles gets a lot of horrible reactions in this board, but in the grand scheme of things all he was really doing was testing our lineups/rotations through 15 games. He's really tightened it up lately. People are pissed that Harris/Henson aren't getting the minutes, but I'm not. I want this team to win games right now, and they've won 3 in a row. Harris/Henson will get the minutes they deserve, as Sanders has with his improvement.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#22 » by SpursNBucks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 am

jeremyd236 wrote:These are all RELATIVE to expectations/talent level!!!

Henson: B (in the time he has played, he' shown he's active and athletic. Questionable defense)
Gooden: B (he hasn't played much at all, but he's looked okay when he has. Skiles knows when to pull him.)
Przybilla: B (he's been horrible, but it's expected with his talent/age. Shouldn't get any minutes)
Daniels: A- (honestly, thought he'd blow. Good defense, surprisingly okay offense as of late)

Skiles gets a lot of horrible reactions in this board, but in the grand scheme of things all he was really doing was testing our lineups/rotations through 15 games. He's really tightened it up lately. People are pissed that Harris/Henson aren't getting the minutes, but I'm not. I want this team to win games right now, and they've won 3 in a row. Harris/Henson will get the minutes they deserve, as Sanders has with his improvement.

Your too easy a grader where were you in my stats 2 class in college?
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#23 » by jeremyd236 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:19 am

SpursNBucks wrote:
jeremyd236 wrote:These are all RELATIVE to expectations/talent level!!!

Your too easy a grader where were you in my stats 2 class in college?

Question: Did you read the first sentence of my post? Relative to talent/expectations. Although this roster will finish middle-of-the-pack, we're bottom-10 in talent, and I expected us to perform accordingly. We're going to finish around .500, which means we overachieved in terms of talent, or players simply have more talent than expected (Sanders).

When you grade the players based on these pre-defined conditions, I was not an "easy grader".
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#24 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:23 am

jeremyd236 wrote:Jennings: B (he's exactly what we thought he was)

You thought both would shoot under 50% TS% and play awful defense?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,722

Post#25 » by Ayt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:25 am

A+
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#26 » by blkout » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Wouldn't have been that much of a reach if he did :P
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#27 » by -Kees- » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:19 am

Realative to what I thought would happen: (A = way above expect., C = at expect., F = way below expect.)

Jennings: D+ (I honestly thought he could creep into the top 10 PGs this year, but clearly hasn't)
Ellis: C (pretty much what I expected from him)
Tobias: C+ (I like the efficiency/post ups, but doesn't offer a ton more. Still decent though)
Ersan: D+ (HORRIBLE beginning, but something like 13/7 on mid .50s TS% last 5 games)
Dally: C (some good, some bad, mostly just takes minutes away from youngsters, which I what I expected)
Udrih: B+ (he's been a nice shooter, playmaker for this team off the bench, a more consistent guard than our others)
Daniels: B+ (didn't expect much from him either, but has shown some good things on O, and decent on D)
Dunleavy: C+ (carried us a few games, but has been completely out of others)
Henson: B (shown good rebounding, tips, offense, has holes, but better than I expected)
Sanders: A+ (great on D, solid on O, great rebounder. only issue is fouls, he has exceeded my expect.)
Lamb: B- (shown he can hit shots, but still making rookie mistakes)
Moute: A- (much better on O, always good D)
Udoh: B+ (good jumper, good rebounder, good defender. Looks like a rotational big, didn't know if he would be)
Gooden: A+ (not playing :))
Pryz: F- (playing)

Skiles: C- (at the record we guessed before the year, could be higher, but didn't expect it).
galena
Junior
And1: 62

Post#28 » by galena » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 am

Jennings- C+
Same old Brandon

Ellis- B-
Most talented player we have but fatally flawed at this point. Still, he DEFINITELY helps by giving us another creator/ ball handler/ semi-threat.

Harris- C-
Dissapointing.

Ersan- C-
Dissapointing so far but still have some hope for him.

Dalembert- C-
Thought he actually looked ok early, then he lost minutes and has become very inconsequential.

Udrih- B
Playing more like i remember him from his Sacramento days

Lamb- C-
Hasn't done much, but is a second rounf rookie so whatever.

Dunleavy- C-
This is the Dunleavy I knew before he had that fluke year last year

Udoh- C+
He is who I thought he was

Larry- B
Exceeded expectations obviously, but still overall, not great. Although certainly good.

Henson- INC
Had me excited with the 17/18 night vs Miami, but has done nothing else.

Daniels- B-
Mildly pleasantly surprised.

Overall- what an incredibly average, although fairly solid, team. #NBAPurgatory
"I guess..."
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#29 » by AussieBuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:43 am

I'll compare guys to something like salary/minutes.

Jennings: C Horrible consistency but he did have an ankle injury that bothered him for a few games, defense looks better most games, passing at the rim off the dribble is significantly better. Scoring makes me a sad panda, he still can't intelligently draw contact.

Beno: C+ He's a solid player

Monta: E- I can live with him at about 52TS% or at a much lower volume but he's just an utter basketball moron and that isn't going to change. Near 11 jumpers a game at 31% is just ****.

Lamb: N/A Not enough minutes to tell.

Tobes: B He's been good in limited minutes.

Dunleavy C eh, he's mortal now and just a nice off the bench guy.

Daniels: B- Better than expected but not good enough to get the minutes he has.

Luc: N/A He's looked very good in limited minutes.

Ersan: D Started in a terrible slump but has been very good of late.

Udoh: A The near exact opposite of Drew Gooden

Henson: N/A like Tobes it's a real shame we haven't got a better look at him.

Gooden: N/A Worked his way back into the rotation. Fail awaits.

Dalembert: E Fat, dumb and not in the class of his two backups.

Sanders: A Excellent start to the season. He might end up the best backup C in the league.

Joel: N/A Old.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#30 » by blazza18 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:00 am

I'd like Monta more if he was doing less Monta things.

The only players playing above average atm are Daniels, Beno (pre injury), Larry, LRMAM.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#31 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 pm

blazza18 wrote:I'd like Monta more if he was doing less Monta things.

The only players playing above average atm are Daniels, Beno (pre injury), Larry, LRMAM.

I would concur
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#32 » by eagle13 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Based on how they are playing NOW (not up to now) relative to league.

BJ B-
Ellis C
Udrih C+
Daniels C+
Dunleavy C+
Moute A-
Harris D
Illysova C+
Udoh B
Sanders B+
Dalembert C
Pryzbilla = insuficient PT to be rated
Gooden = insuficient PT to be rated

AMONG ALL 2012 ROOKIES
Henson C-
Lamb D+
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#33 » by SpursNBucks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 pm

yuedar wrote:Yes harris gets an F you tell me 1 thing this guy does well at an NBA level because I don't know what it is? He seems like a waste of space when hes out there.
I expect nothing from the guy and 9 times out of 10 thats what we get from him. He has no go to move. He doesn't shoot great he doesn't drive great he doesn't rebound great he doesn't do anything but sit around corners eating up space.

F is insane! He has shown a pretty nice shot and decent move to the basket (.495 FG%). He started out hot- in his first game he went 8/11 2/2 from 3 with 6 reb 2 asst and 1 block - Since then his minutes have been cut WAY back because he is still learning to play defense in the NBA, but for christ sakes he's 20 years old. It's hard to say at this point what kind of player he will be in two years, but I bet he will be a solid starter. I sure wouldn't write him off at this stage.
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#34 » by jeremyd236 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure the majority here could have predicted that.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#35 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:00 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure the majority here could have predicted that.

"I think he's a D and he's played like a D so I'm gonna give him a B."
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#36 » by jeremyd236 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Yep, it was relative to expecations/talent. Do you understand the concept? Otherwise, every player on this team would deserve a C or worse, besides maybe Sanders, and there's absolutely no point in participating in this exercise.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#37 » by Run-MKE 311 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 pm

To lazy to run through everyone on an individual basis, but I would grade the season a B-/C+ so far. Have won some games that I was surprised at, but have also laid down epically against some lousy squads.

Never know what team (or lineup for that matter) are going to show up on a nightly basis.
Ball so hard.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#38 » by Max Green » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Jennings: B- Assists, Steals, FT and 3 point shooting % is all up from last year while turnovers are the same. His only negative has been his efficiency....

Ellis: D, overall has been worst this season, then he was last season for us.

Ilyasova: D+, Even though he's been playing better lately off the bench, he was the atrocious for over half of our games.

Harris: C, Defense hasn't been good, but not as bad as some say. Needs to play more aggressive on the offensive end, everyone else seems to get shots except for him.

Dalembert: D+, Really disappointed at how out of shape he showed up in a contract year.

Sanders: A

Dunleavy: C, Was great last season and started this year the same way, has been pedestrian at best lately.

Udrih: B-, Much better then last year.

Henson: C, Has shown flashes, but inconsistent minutes leads to inconsistent play. Went from DNP to Starter back to DNP.

Gooden: N/A, Crowd loves him, and he's an active cheerleader even though he went from starting to inactivated in one offseason.

Udoh: B+

Lamb: C, shown flashes of being good to being awful.

Przybilla: Brockman'd

Mbah a Moute: B

Daniels: B

Skiles: C+, His rotations are still terrible. Guys seem to randomly go from Starting to DNP, game by game. Does deserve credit for having our best record through 20 games in 7 years.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#39 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:Yep, it was relative to expecations/talent. Do you understand the concept? Otherwise, every player on this team would deserve a C or worse, besides maybe Sanders, and there's absolutely no point in participating in this exercise.

No, I really don't I guess.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#40 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm late on this, but...

Jennings - C: Improved his steals, otherwise is the same inconsistent player and his #'s are essentially at his career norms. I was hoping for another leap, hasn't happened.
Ellis - C: He's been what I expected thus far, a high volume scorer. On most nights he will get his 20, passes okay, and has tons of turnovers. Flawed player, but is what he is thus meeting what I expected of him.
Moute - B: Arguably been their best player since coming back and has improved his offense it seems. Works hard for rebounds, active inside, and top notch defender.
Ersan - D: Couldn't have asked for a worse start to the season and hasn't been a consistent factor yet. He has improved in the last few weeks, but still hasn't been able to be relied on.
Dalembert - F: Poor defensive player, seems clumsy/lazy at times, and has already fallen out of the rotation.
Harris - D: I had high hopes Tobias was going to be a big time player and maybe I had too high of expectations. But he's fallen out of the rotation, mainly b/c he's defensive liability.
Dunleavy Jr - C: Was doing his thing off the bench until he got injured.
Udrih - B: He was actually playing better than I expected, but has also gotten hurt. A nice option when the Swag Bros are playing awful.
Sanders - B: A pleasant surprise and one of their better players this year. He's taken big steps and has become a fixture in the rotation and a top shot blocker in the league.
Udoh - C: A good role player. Knows where to be on defense and can get some points around the rim. Unfortunately I think that's his ceiling though.
Daniels - B: I was expecting him to be a 12th man, but he's actually contributed fairly well when asked. Decent defender, can make some shots, etc. I don't think he's hurt the team and definitely exceeding my expectations.
Lamb - C: He's struggled lately with his shot, but I think he has a future in the league. I just hope he doesn't lose all confidence.
Pryzbilla - I: Hasn't played enough to really get a grade. A mentor more or less.
Gooden - I: Same as above. I will credit him for having a great attitude thus far.
Henson - D: Tough grade, but I was expecting him to be playing more and having a role. Maybe not all of his fault, but hasn't really had much impact on the season. I do like his upside.

Skiles - B: The team is over .500 and hasn't had alot of player complaints for playing time, which is amazing considering the make-up of our front court. Injuries have maybe helped a bit. He's given young players opportunities with starting Tobias, benching Gooden/Dalembert, Lamb plays, etc. He does make some odd decisions (i.e. not playing Henson after that Miami game) yet but does seem to be engaged and has the team beating teams they should be if anything.

Hammond - C: Record is better than expected, but I'm not seeing a very high ceiling with this squad either. I wouldn't get too comfortable in his office if I were him.

A - All-Star Level
B - Exceeding Expectations
C - Meeting Expectations/Average
D - Below Expectations/Disappointment
F - Fail

Return to Milwaukee Bucks