ImageImage

Player of the Game - Bucks at Cavs (12/14)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Player of the Game

Monta Ellis
84%
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
9%
Larry Sanders
2%
Ersan Ilyasova
5%
Brandon Jennings
No votes

Total votes: 44

SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks at Cavs (12/14) 

Post#21 » by SpursNBucks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:31 pm

It's so funny on here how even when the guy almost single handedly wins the game -- the haters can give him no more then back-handed complements or put him under the microscope to such a degree to find some kind of flaw. You reallly need to get over it.

The guy has not been an efficient scorer- part of that may be that no one on this team can be counted on to score when they need it. He does take dumb shots at times, but so does Jennings- they just don't have a go-to guy they can count on so you have what you have. On defense the guy is playing his ass off despite his height limitations.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Post#22 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:56 pm

I've said it a few times, but I'd really like to see what Ellis could do as the focal point of the offense on a team with a lot of good shooters. That could create better driving lanes for him to attack the basket more often. Obviously he's capable of that, and it's not like he's so old now that he can't regularly beat his man. He also should be motivated by his contract status. So I can hardly think of any good reason why he attacks the basket less now than he did 3 or 4 years ago, except maybe the fact that there isn't enough spacing.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,994

Post#23 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:30 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:It's so funny on here how even when the guy almost single handedly wins the game -- the haters can give him no more then back-handed complements or put him under the microscope to such a degree to find some kind of flaw.

I'm curious how Glenn Robinson would have fared on this board ten years ago before advanced stats. I can recall in debates on him the common reply by most was "how can you replace 20 and 6".

But he was a high usage player with a 52% TS who didn't rebound real well nor get to the line that much.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ngl01.html
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#24 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:09 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I've said it a few times, but I'd really like to see what Ellis could do as the focal point of the offense on a team with a lot of good shooters. That could create better driving lanes for him to attack the basket more often. Obviously he's capable of that, and it's not like he's so old now that he can't regularly beat his man. He also should be motivated by his contract status. So I can hardly think of any good reason why he attacks the basket less now than he did 3 or 4 years ago, except maybe the fact that there isn't enough spacing.

FWIW-FTA/36 highest in his career atm...2nd best career FT%

Needs to get the 3s down and the FG% up some more.
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#25 » by upnorthfan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:06 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:It's so funny on here how even when the guy almost single handedly wins the game -- the haters can give him no more then back-handed complements or put him under the microscope to such a degree to find some kind of flaw. You reallly need to get over it.

The guy has not been an efficient scorer- part of that may be that no one on this team can be counted on to score when they need it. He does take dumb shots at times, but so does Jennings- they just don't have a go-to guy they can count on so you have what you have. On defense the guy is playing his ass off despite his height limitations.

I am not sure I like him yet or not. I think I do.

He is explosive, and gets to the rim frequently. Nine turnovers is still nine turnovers and most of them is because of his size limitations, and most of them are of the ugly 'unforced' variety, ie jumping in the air with the ball in hand and no where to go, or throwing it right into the hands of an unsuspecting opponent.

That's just giving it away! Those things coupled with the fact the other teams SG normally has a good game against him, even minimizes even further his overall contributions.

If you consider we gave up an injury proned big man who still hasn't given the GSW any type of meaningful minutes since the trade, for both Ellis and Udoh, from that perspective hell yeah I like him alot.

However if the needle is in the middle, do I like him or not, the needle would be more positive than negative. But to just blindly say he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, no he is not.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#26 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:44 pm

upnorthfan wrote:
SpursNBucks wrote:It's so funny on here how even when the guy almost single handedly wins the game -- the haters can give him no more then back-handed complements or put him under the microscope to such a degree to find some kind of flaw. You reallly need to get over it.

I am not sure I like him yet or not. I think I do.

He is explosive, and gets to the rim frequently. Nine turnovers is still nine turnovers and most of them is because of his size limitations, and most of them are of the ugly 'unforced' variety, ie jumping in the air with the ball in hand and no where to go, or throwing it right into the hands of an unsuspecting opponent.

That's just giving it away! Those things coupled with the fact the other teams SG normally has a good game against him, even minimizes even further his overall contributions.

If you consider we gave up an injury proned big man who still hasn't given the GSW any type of meaningful minutes since the trade, for both Ellis and Udoh, from that perspective hell yeah I like him alot.

However if the needle is in the middle, do I like him or not, the needle would be more positive than negative. But to just blindly say he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, no he is not.

I like good Monta :D Bad Monta not so much :evil:

Last 3 games 27-54 and 17-24 from the line. Too many TOs but averaging 24.7 on 18 shots is nice
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#27 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:21 am

CanadaBucks wrote:24 points on 13 shots vs. the Nets?

Hmm, I'm being harsh then. I felt that was an 'average' game from him, whereas the last 2 were 'good'. But I'll take 24 on 13 every time.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,721

Post#28 » by Serge28 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 am

Ellis finally gets a clear POG:

Player of the Year

Brandon Jennings: 3.5

Larry Sanders: 2

Ersan Ilyasova: 2

Monta Ellis: 1.5

Marquis Daniels: 1

Mike Dunleavy: 1

Samuel Dalembert: 1

Return to Milwaukee Bucks