ImageImage

Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Player of the Game

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
32
49%
Larry Sanders
13
20%
Brandon Jennings
14
22%
Monta Ellis
1
2%
Mike Dunleavy
5
8%
 
Total votes: 65

mattg
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,282
And1: 282
Joined: Feb 12, 2007

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#21 » by mattg » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:05 am

Jennings doesn't get enough love on these boards for how little he turns the ball over. Playing 40+ mins with such a large role like he has and not turning it over is insane.
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 28,608
And1: 3,191
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#22 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:17 am

mattg wrote:Jennings doesn't get enough love on these boards for how little he turns the ball over. Playing 40+ mins with such a large role like he has and not turning it over is insane.

To be fair, he doesn't have a lot of opportunities to turn it over. His pick and roll game is non existent, as is his drive and dish. All he does is swing the ball around the arc with the occasional pass into the open man. It's nice he's not a huge turnover machine, but when your point guard really doesn't do a whole lot to aid in setting up people that is just as big of a problem.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
4xBuck
Pro Prospect
Posts: 770
And1: 17
Joined: Sep 07, 2009

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#23 » by 4xBuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:39 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
after tonight's game it does make me frustrated on all the obvious personnel moves we whiffed on or should have initiated over the last four years. That Bogut for Harden/Ibaka thing from two years ago, even if the Thunder just parted with Harden, which I think they would have easily done back then before they dealt for Perkins. Or Ramon/Potsie for Mike Conley or Ramon for Lee/Gallo or 18 million other moves.

Put Harden and Pau on this team and we are legit contenders. Obvious comment I realize, but not every team could just add those two guys and contend. I think we could.

Dang, why does every thread have to be a bitch fest?

The Bucks just whip the champs- hey, let’s bellyache & power whine about what maybe could have been- yay!

:roll:
paulpressey25 wrote:Sessions and Adrien are win now players
User avatar
verbalhologram
Senior
Posts: 586
And1: 3
Joined: Dec 11, 2009
Location: Sydney , Australia

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#24 » by verbalhologram » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:57 am

Awesome game by the boys,so great to smash the Heat. I went with Larry in this one as his energy sparked us when we started to go into that 3rd quarter lull, close second Luc though.
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 23,437
And1: 2,478
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#25 » by AussieBuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 am

Went with Luc for forcing Lebron into a few Kobe type rubbish shots in post ups. :D
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
Shinyhubcaps
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,523
And1: 0
Joined: Apr 25, 2010

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#26 » by Shinyhubcaps » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Luc, but wow to the steals by Jennings, Monta, and Dunleavy of all people, and a great all-around game by Larry. Just have to give everyone props in this one. Ersan and Ekpe were the only negative performers on the whole team.
User avatar
Max Green
RealGM
Posts: 11,401
And1: 1,108
Joined: Jul 03, 2007
Location: Optimist Ave.
 

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#27 » by Max Green » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:29 pm

I voted for Jennings, but Luc did a awesome Job on Lebron and on the offensive end made Battier want to cry.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#OwnTheTank
User avatar
SpursNBucks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,435
And1: 70
Joined: Apr 06, 2012

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#28 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
mattg wrote:Jennings doesn't get enough love on these boards for how little he turns the ball over. Playing 40+ mins with such a large role like he has and not turning it over is insane.

To be fair, he doesn't have a lot of opportunities to turn it over. His pick and roll game is non existent, as is his drive and dish. All he does is swing the ball around the arc with the occasional pass into the open man. It's nice he's not a huge turnover machine, but when your point guard really doesn't do a whole lot to aid in setting up people that is just as big of a problem.


Your right about Jennings - he's not really the creator that Ellis is either. Although Ellis gets himself in trouble taking to far into the teeth of the defense, he does dish out a lot more easy under the basket layups then Jennings. I'm not saying Ellis is a PG either, just making that observation.
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 28,608
And1: 3,191
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#29 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:Your right about Jennings - he's not really the creator that Ellis is either. Although Ellis gets himself in trouble taking to far into the teeth of the defense, he does dish out a lot more easy under the basket layups then Jennings. I'm not saying Ellis is a PG either, just making that observation.

Monta does all the things you want to see except executing. He can make a pretty pass but it rarely lands where he thinks it's going to. He has the vision and ability to do it, but he just can't for some reason.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 23,437
And1: 2,478
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#30 » by AussieBuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Assists at rim:
Monta 2.7
Jennings 2.6

Huge difference.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 28,608
And1: 3,191
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#31 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:10 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Assists at rim:
Monta 2.7
Jennings 2.6

Huge difference.

It would be nice to see the turnover counterpart to that. I'd bet Monta's would be up near 2 where Jennings would be almost non existent. He doesn't turn it over much when he gets in there, now being blocked on the other hand...
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Serge28
RealGM
Posts: 14,085
And1: 318
Joined: Apr 29, 2002
Location: San Diego
     

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#32 » by Serge28 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:40 pm

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute becomes the 8th player to snag POG in 16 wins this year:

Player of the Year

Image
Brandon Jennings: 4.5

Image
Larry Sanders: 3

Image
Monta Ellis: 2.5

Image
Ersan Ilyasova: 2

Image
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute: 1

Image
Marquis Daniels: 1

Image
Mike Dunleavy: 1

Image
Samuel Dalembert: 1

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Users browsing this forum: ackypoo, hege53190, MKE, Prince12, Treebeard, wichmae, Wonka