Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#841 » by ackypoo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:49 pm

CannondaleF400 wrote:
ackypoo wrote:vista chino!

Yeah! I like that one but was hoping for a little more.

Per your avatar - have not listened to Tres Cabrones yet but I've liked pretty much everything from Senile Animal on.

i really really like the vista chino, im a huge brant bjork fan, pretty much anything he touches i think is solid gold. im also a big clutch fan but earth rocker, not their best stuff. i like dead meadow warble womb a lot.

im not into carcass, cathedral, amon amarth (outside of a viking laugh), gorguts, too heavy for me...and ive never heard of trouble.

kylesa...eh? i feel like i have enjoyed the small amount ive heard but not enough to do anything about it....

and yeah, the new melvins is good. melvins records get weird. so im never shocked if people hate them or love them from album to album.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,591

Post#842 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Nebs, would you like the honor of making our 2014 thread tomorrow? And do you think we should stick with our plan of advising 1 video per post?

I think that honor should be all yours considering how much you're conducting this train. I'm doing my best to help spur growth on the Rockets board and as result, my time here is less frequent.

I do, however, think 1 video per post is ideal and I will continue to post under those guidelines. I disagree about simply putting links up since I enjoy the current format.

It's cool how this thread has evolved over the years and I suspect 2014 will be the best yet.

:rockon:

I am truly honored.

BTW, you and I accounted for near 50% of the posts in this thread :D It's a great little community, though, and a lot of fun. I'll throw something up tomorrow.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#843 » by Nebula1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 pm

Yeah 2DopeBoyz ain't got nothin on us..

I think this thread is a great resource and certainly expands my music knowledge. Bands like Lord Huron and The 1975 I've grown to love from this thread.

Plus in 2014 we finally get Oxymoron from Schoolboy Q which is thank God since hip hop has been terribly quiet for awhile.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#844 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:24 am

My last video of the year. Run The Jewels. A Christmas F*****G Miracle.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ5rI461KNE#t=216[/youtube]
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#845 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:28 am

I lied. Okkervil River. Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROlCPlnCIfo[/youtube]
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#846 » by CannondaleF400 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:48 am

ackypoo wrote:
CannondaleF400 wrote:
ackypoo wrote:vista chino!

Yeah! I like that one but was hoping for a little more.

Per your avatar - have not listened to Tres Cabrones yet but I've liked pretty much everything from Senile Animal on.

i really really like the vista chino, im a huge brant bjork fan, pretty much anything he touches i think is solid gold. im also a big clutch fan but earth rocker, not their best stuff. i like dead meadow warble womb a lot.

im not into carcass, cathedral, amon amarth (outside of a viking laugh), gorguts, too heavy for me...and ive never heard of trouble.

kylesa...eh? i feel like i have enjoyed the small amount ive heard but not enough to do anything about it....

and yeah, the new melvins is good. melvins records get weird. so im never shocked if people hate them or love them from album to album.

What's a good Brant Bjork solo album to start with? Love Clutch, and swear I heard the opening to The Regulator during the Packer Bear game this week.

I'd recommend skipping the first two Kylesa albums, the 4th Static Tensions is probably my favorite.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#847 » by mattg » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:55 am

I've been on a huge Sunny Day Real Estate kick lately. Brings me back.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#848 » by ackypoo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

CannondaleF400 wrote:
What's a good Brant Bjork solo album to start with? Love Clutch, and swear I heard the opening to The Regulator during the Packer Bear game this week.

I'd recommend skipping the first two Kylesa albums, the 4th Static Tensions is probably my favorite.

you heard the regulator during the fox broadcast. during a timeout comeback or something.

for brant bjork...i guess id start with either somera sol or jalamanta. keep in mind, its mood music, and its very hit and miss so you might have to fight through some stuff to find the gems.
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#849 » by CannondaleF400 » Wed Jan 1, 2014 5:29 am

ackypoo wrote:
CannondaleF400 wrote:

you heard the regulator during the fox broadcast. during a timeout comeback or something.

for brant bjork...i guess id start with either somera sol or jalamanta. keep in mind, its mood music, and its very hit and miss so you might have to fight through some stuff to find the gems.

I knew I heard Clutch during the game! They are they band everyone would love if given radio air time.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks