ImageImage

OT | Official Music Thread 2013

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
ackypoo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 791
And1: 175
Joined: Jan 03, 2013
 

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#196 » by ackypoo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 am

Ill-yasova wrote:Love the quote at the bottom of your post. Congrats on finding a sentence in that movie that can be posted on this board without a censored word. Despite Farrel's feelings though going to Bruges is definitely a goal for me, I've gotta get some trappist ales from the source.

one of my favorite movies. and the post did have a censored word, i fixed it tho.
MMmm trappist ales.

You can't sell horse tranquilizers to a midget!
"If I grew up on a farm, and was retahhhded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't."
User avatar
Scoops
General Manager
Posts: 8,035
And1: 233
Joined: Jul 31, 2007

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#197 » by Scoops » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 am

Buck You wrote:

New frightened rabbit album is nice.

It's solid for sure. Oil Slick might be my favorite track.
Go Bucks!
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 20,403
And1: 110
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Sloane!
     

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#198 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:40 am

Atlas Genius performed Trojans on Jimmy Fallon tonight. They seemed a little more loose than when they were on Kimmel - they're probably getting used to being on stage, etc. I thought it was a good performance of one of my favorite songs.

Centered on You & On a Day both starting to grow on me. I think 7 of 11 songs are at least good in my book. I guess that is tough to complain about given the 'hits' (not necessarily mainstream hits - I mean indie/alt hits) I think they have in those 7 songs (definitely Trojans, Symptoms, If So, and maybe Through the Glass). Really solid debut. Cannot wait to see them with Imagine Dragons in March at The Rave! My mind might explode hearing Trojans live, though. That was the general feeling I had hearing Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect live. And this would be on another level.
paul wrote:Not kidding, I missed most of the second overtime cleaning up with handy wipes, much like twirl.
User avatar
ackypoo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 791
And1: 175
Joined: Jan 03, 2013
 

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#199 » by ackypoo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:11 am

"If I grew up on a farm, and was retahhhded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't."
User avatar
Nebula1
RealGM
Posts: 23,314
And1: 563
Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Location: Underground King
   

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#200 » by Nebula1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:18 am

For Tobias Harris


Terrence Jones |
User avatar
Nebula1
RealGM
Posts: 23,314
And1: 563
Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Location: Underground King
   

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#201 » by Nebula1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 am

For Tobias

Terrence Jones |
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 20,970
And1: 379
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#202 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Atlas Genius performed Trojans on Jimmy Fallon tonight. They seemed a little more loose than when they were on Kimmel - they're probably getting used to being on stage, etc. I thought it was a good performance of one of my favorite songs.

Centered on You & On a Day both starting to grow on me. I think 7 of 11 songs are at least good in my book. I guess that is tough to complain about given the 'hits' (not necessarily mainstream hits - I mean indie/alt hits) I think they have in those 7 songs (definitely Trojans, Symptoms, If So, and maybe Through the Glass). Really solid debut. Cannot wait to see them with Imagine Dragons in March at The Rave! My mind might explode hearing Trojans live, though. That was the general feeling I had hearing Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect live. And this would be on another level.


So far I haven't jumped on the tickets in Minny for them. I don't know if I want to pay the premium to see Imagine Dragons probably jacked up since all of the pop fans have heard "It's Time" on every station just to see Atlas Genius play for 25 minutes. Nothing against Imagine Dragons, but I think Atlas Genius should be headlining.

I was a fan of "On a Day" as well. I think it's reaching 8 good songs for me. No bad reviews on the album but I would think it's generally getting in that 60-70% range if it were on Metacritic (doesn't seem to be yet even though they keep talking about them in their upcoming releases).

I like the new Phoenix song after a few listens.
GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 20,403
And1: 110
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Sloane!
     

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#203 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm

I agree AG should be headlining, but I like ID, too. I am oh-so-very over It's Time - "it's time" for that to stop being played - but I actually do like some of their other stuff, too. Radioactive is my favorite song of theirs.

AG will be headlining some shows after their tour with ID is done. It sounds like The Neighbourhood and Foals will be in support. If so, and if they are anywhere in my remote vacinity, I'm definitely going. That would be a kick-ass show.
paul wrote:Not kidding, I missed most of the second overtime cleaning up with handy wipes, much like twirl.
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 20,970
And1: 379
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#204 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

I like Radioactive and don't mind Imagine Dragons at all...just don't want to pay the fee to see Imagine Dragons play 80% of the show.
GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 20,403
And1: 110
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Sloane!
     

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#205 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm hoping that is not the case...
paul wrote:Not kidding, I missed most of the second overtime cleaning up with handy wipes, much like twirl.
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 20,970
And1: 379
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#206 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Well aren't Imagine Dragons "headlining"? Usually the headliner plays an hour and a half and Atlas Genius gets like 20-30 minutes

I may be exaggerating a bit, but I would assume as the opener you'd hear 6-7 songs.

I'm looking at some setlists and other than their album release shows, looks like that is how many they played?
GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 20,403
And1: 110
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Sloane!
     

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#207 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 pm

I found a setlist from a recent show (2/18) with Imagine Dragons. AG played 10 songs. That's about what I woudl expect.

I got the impression ID was the "headline act," but that they were touring more WITH AG and not having AG open for them. I think there is a different opener.
paul wrote:Not kidding, I missed most of the second overtime cleaning up with handy wipes, much like twirl.
User avatar
Buck You
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 37,372
And1: 308
Joined: Jul 24, 2006
Location: Wisconsin
     

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#208 » by Buck You » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

GrendonJennings wrote:Well aren't Imagine Dragons "headlining"? Usually the headliner plays an hour and a half and Atlas Genius gets like 20-30 minutes

I may be exaggerating a bit, but I would assume as the opener you'd hear 6-7 songs.

I'm looking at some setlists and other than their album release shows, looks like that is how many they played?

Yeah, that's how it usually is at the rave. There might be another opener before atlas genius too. I personally wouldn't go to that show cuz I think imagine dragons blow but yeah, that's usually how it is.
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 20,970
And1: 379
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#209 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Fair enough...maybe I'll consider it then. I did see one with 10 songs from AG, which I guess is the extent they can really play anyways. They could play some covers or b-sides beyond that, but that is reasonable.
GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 20,403
And1: 110
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Sloane!
     

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#210 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 pm

GrendonJennings wrote:Fair enough...maybe I'll consider it then. I did see one with 10 songs from AG, which I guess is the extent they can really play anyways. They could play some covers or b-sides beyond that, but that is reasonable.


Well I think the tour sold out, regardless, once all the tweenie-boppers heard It's Time. So you'd have to get tickets second-hand, which will probably jack up the cost.
paul wrote:Not kidding, I missed most of the second overtime cleaning up with handy wipes, much like twirl.
User avatar
Nebula1
RealGM
Posts: 23,314
And1: 563
Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Location: Underground King
   

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#211 » by Nebula1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 am

Juicy J x The Weeknd | One of Those Nights

Terrence Jones |
User avatar
Nebula1
RealGM
Posts: 23,314
And1: 563
Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Location: Underground King
   

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#212 » by Nebula1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 am

Yelawolf | Way Out




Yelawolf x Travis Barker | Funky ****

Terrence Jones |
User avatar
Nebula1
RealGM
Posts: 23,314
And1: 563
Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Location: Underground King
   

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#213 » by Nebula1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 am

Krayzie Bone | Another Level

Terrence Jones |
User avatar
Ill-yasova
RealGM
Posts: 10,673
And1: 810
Joined: Jul 13, 2006

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#214 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Father

Son
Image
User avatar
Ill-yasova
RealGM
Posts: 10,673
And1: 810
Joined: Jul 13, 2006

Re: OT | Official Music Thread 2013 

Post#215 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Tiny Desk....Stars
Image

Return to Milwaukee Bucks