ImageImage

2013 TV/Movie Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReddWing
Banned User
Posts: 5,348
And1: 805
Joined: Nov 01, 2009
     

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#76 » by ReddWing » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:46 am

Anybody watching Justified?
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 23,179
And1: 4,297
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
     

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#77 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:57 am

I will later. Hows the premier episode been ?
Image
trwi7 wrote:Nah, I prefer touching real men.
ReddWing
Banned User
Posts: 5,348
And1: 805
Joined: Nov 01, 2009
     

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#78 » by ReddWing » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:09 am

blazza18 wrote:I will later. Hows the premier episode been ?


I'm actually holding off ,myself until the Bucks game is over in a few minutes
User avatar
europa
RealGM
Posts: 44,910
And1: 462
Joined: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Right Behind You

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#79 » by europa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Tried watching "Girls" because a friend of mine said it was really good. I saw Howard Stern talking highly about it too. Watched the first two episodes and couldn't get into it. Watched about 10 minutes of the third and turned it off. I didn't find any of the four main girls very interesting (although the virgin chick made me chuckle a couple of times) and they seem to be going overboard to make the guys appear to be either douchebags or sexually inept in order to prop up the girls in relation to them.

Brian Williams' daughter is easy to look at, though.
Nothing will not break me.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
RealGM
Posts: 57,459
And1: 3,421
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#80 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Same. I hated pretty much everyone through two episodes so I didn't start the third.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 42,656
And1: 1,534
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
 

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#81 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Justifed was good as always, Kind of all over the place, lots going on. Raylan being Raylan. Love Boyd Crowder. They are good at having a great yearly villain. I don't see that yet but there's plenty of time.
If the Cincinnati Reds were really the first major league baseball team, who did they play?
User avatar
RiotPunch
General Manager
Posts: 9,554
And1: 416
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: Final Four
Contact:
     

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#82 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 pm

DrugBust wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Zero Dark Thirty is awesome.

Where did you see it? I thought it wasn't releasing nationwide until mid-January.


Screener hit the net last night.


Thanks for that. Watched it last night and loved it. Great vid quality.
Image
User avatar
ReasonablySober
RealGM
Posts: 57,459
And1: 3,421
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#83 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 pm

That preacher from Justified is the kid from Jurassic Park, just in case you want your mind-holes blown.
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 66,790
And1: 2,056
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#84 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 pm

I need to see Silver Linings Playbook. Probably will this weekend.
Current Draft Board: 1. Towns 2. Okafor 3. Mudiay 4. Russell 5. Winslow 6. Turner 7. Hezonja 8. Porzingis 9. Kaminsky 10. Cauley-Stein 11. Oubre 12. S. Johnson 13. Looney 14. T. Jones 15. Dekker 16. Grant 17. Booker
User avatar
JimmyTheKid
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,165
And1: 882
Joined: Feb 10, 2009

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#85 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:54 pm

europa wrote:Tried watching "Girls" because a friend of mine said it was really good. I saw Howard Stern talking highly about it too. Watched the first two episodes and couldn't get into it. Watched about 10 minutes of the third and turned it off. I didn't find any of the four main girls very interesting (although the virgin chick made me chuckle a couple of times) and they seem to be going overboard to make the guys appear to be either douchebags or sexually inept in order to prop up the girls in relation to them.

Brian Williams' daughter is easy to look at, though.


Give it a couple more episodes. Definitely not must see TV, but its entertaining. And Brian Williams' daughter is sexy as hell.
User avatar
JimmyTheKid
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,165
And1: 882
Joined: Feb 10, 2009

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#86 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Just saw Django this weekend. It was good but didn't live up to the lofty reviews, at least for me. Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Bastards are still easily entrenched at #1 and #2 respectively as far as Tarantino films go.
User avatar
europa
RealGM
Posts: 44,910
And1: 462
Joined: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Right Behind You

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#87 » by europa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:58 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
europa wrote:Tried watching "Girls" because a friend of mine said it was really good. I saw Howard Stern talking highly about it too. Watched the first two episodes and couldn't get into it. Watched about 10 minutes of the third and turned it off. I didn't find any of the four main girls very interesting (although the virgin chick made me chuckle a couple of times) and they seem to be going overboard to make the guys appear to be either douchebags or sexually inept in order to prop up the girls in relation to them.

Brian Williams' daughter is easy to look at, though.


Give it a couple more episodes. Definitely not must see TV, but its entertaining. And Brian Williams' daughter is sexy as hell.


Agree about Williams' daughter. I really found it to be rather awful. I'm not saying it was poorly done but there wasn't a single character I had any interest in watching. I've been told I should keep watching but not sure I'll give it another shot. With "Californication," "Shameless" and "House of Lies" all returning there will soon be enough on my Sunday plate each week to check out.
Nothing will not break me.
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 23,179
And1: 4,297
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
     

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#88 » by blazza18 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:54 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Justifed was good as always, Kind of all over the place, lots going on. Raylan being Raylan. Love Boyd Crowder. They are good at having a great yearly villain. I don't see that yet but there's plenty of time.


From everything I've read they are stepping back from one big baddy for this season and will focus on the big mystery. So basically based around the bag and license and who dropped from the sky.
Image
trwi7 wrote:Nah, I prefer touching real men.
User avatar
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 45,106
And1: 2,058
Joined: Jun 27, 2005

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#89 » by Ayt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 pm

blazza18 wrote:Justified was probably my favourite show of 2012. Very much looking forward to its return.


Also a big fan of Justified. I'm happy to have it back.
Newz
RealGM
Posts: 41,933
And1: 2,362
Joined: Dec 05, 2005
     

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#90 » by Newz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 pm

I really hope Silver Linings Playbook wins Best Picture. I thought that movie was great.
MadBlueEdwards wrote:I met Jamaal Magloire at Gametime (the bar, not during the game) on dollar drink night once. I'm pretty sure he was there by himself, drinking wine out of a plastic cup.
User avatar
jakecronus8
Head Coach
Posts: 7,130
And1: 1,354
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#91 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Kind of shocked to see Les Mis get best pic Nom given the reviews. No best director Nom for affleck too. Obviously the academy has it out for him given The Town snub and now this.
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.
User avatar
Max Green
RealGM
Posts: 11,753
And1: 1,295
Joined: Jul 04, 2007
Location: Optimist Ave.
 

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#92 » by Max Green » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:52 pm



I immediately thought of this thread when I saw this clip.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#TeamMCW

VooDoo7 wrote:
I tried to warn you all. I hated the hire from the get-go. Kidd is a POS. He's stubborn. He's arrogant. He's overrated as hell as a coach. The sooner he leaves, the better.
User avatar
Oscar71
Senior
Posts: 672
And1: 18
Joined: Nov 08, 2009
Location: At The Elbow, Either Side
       

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#93 » by Oscar71 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 am

Justified -
Patton Oswalt as Doomsday-preppin' Gremlin- drivin' Constable Bob. Good stuff.
Yost Macha Roenicke = Boylan Drew Kidd
User avatar
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 45,106
And1: 2,058
Joined: Jun 27, 2005

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#94 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:57 am

This is old, but I just watched it and she is so damn cute.



Can I marry her? I probably can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jy4#t=516s
User avatar
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,673
And1: 51
Joined: Sep 29, 2005
Location: Tank Town
       

Re: 2013 TV/Movie Thread 

Post#95 » by Fort Minor » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 am

Django was the first movie I've been compelled to see multiple times since The Dark Knight. Easily the most entertaining movie I've seen this year. Waltz in particular was spectacular.

The only movies I still haven't seen from the best picture noms are Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty. Wasn't all that impressed with Silver Linings, but that's probably influenced by my belief that Bradley Cooper is very overrated.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks