ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Re: Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#261 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:27 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Here's what you said:

Edit - And you want to talk about after Skiles stopped "messing with him" and he got consistent minutes under Boylan, 42.8% TS% in those 4 games. Yup, you read that right.

So I used the four games to start Boylan's run here. You missed the Phoenix game.

As for his career, he's got a .530 TS%, 107 ORtg, 103 DRtg and WS/48 of .133.

Compare that to another recent Buck's career, Andrew Bogut: .536, 106, 104, .109.

That is my bad, in the 5 games hes got a TS% of 46.1%, the point still stands.

As for the Bogut comparison, you can't be serious? Bogut's worth is obviously not on the offensive end and even then when you compare their TS% it's almost laughable that Bogut's is actually higher considering how bad of a FT shooter he is. When you look at their defense you may as well be comparing Hakeem and Charlie V.

Numbers are numbers. Look at 'em however you like.

What I find interesting is you've repeatedly harped on a stretch from Ersan last year and his consistency this season. Bogut has also had only one elite stretch of a couple months in his career, and he's the guy we invented the term Pube Game. Oh and he made twice as much money as Ersan.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#262 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 am

I harped on Bogut just about every minute he played for the Bucks so I'm not sure why he's being brought up to me. But even when his consistency on offense wasn't there he still had consistent elite level defense. Ersan doesn't have a skill to fall back on when his jumper isn't falling. He doesn't even rebound like he did last season.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#263 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Pau is already complaining about coming off the bench. Seems like a split is going to happen eventually.

I can see the Lakers really valuing Ersan to play the Ryan Anderson role for Dwight cause Ersan won't ever take away or crowd him in the paint like Pau is.

Kobe is complaining they need more offense and he can't do it alone anymore.

Monta/Ersan/Gooden for Pau/Meeks.

Make it happen Hammond.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#264 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Why would the Bucks move any assets to bring in a guy to play the position of our best player? That's secondary to why bring in a 32 year old who's prime is long past gone?

The Bucks' strength is their front-court. What needs fixing is the back-court.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#265 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:10 pm

DrugBust wrote:Why would the Bucks move any assets to bring in a guy to play the position of our best player? That's secondary to why bring in a 32 year old who's prime is long past gone?

The Bucks' strength is their front-court. What needs fixing is the back-court.

Because adding Pau can win us a playoff series.

Larry & Pau can start together because Larry doesn't ever need the ball in the post like Dwight does.

The Bucks have no post presence whatsoever and adding Pau will give us one and Meeks will be the starter/shooter to put next to Jennings for the time being.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#266 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Winning a playoff series is the worst rationalization ever.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#267 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:40 pm

DrugBust wrote:Winning a playoff series is the worst rationalization ever.

Then just stop watching games and posting on this forum until we have a new owner.

I **** hate people that try to flame some for wanting to see us win.

God forgive me for wanting my basketball team to win a **** playoff series for the 2nd time in the last twenty years.

Idiots.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#268 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities.

But answer me this: who of Miami, New York, Chicago/Indiana/Brooklyn are the Bucks beating in the first round on the road? I'm assuming you think we'd be getting a Gasol that looks more like the guy he was at 30 instead of the broken down shell he is now. Which is mind-boggling but what the hell. I'll play along.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#269 » by ampd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm

With Pau we would have a shot at anyone other than Miami. Chicago would be rough since even the home games would be road games (and depending on the health of Rose), but Knicks, Pacers, Nets are all winnable series.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#270 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Gasol moved around pretty well last night. If he was into it he would certainly be a huge upgrade over what Ersan is giving us right. I also think he could be a good mentor for Sanders/Henson. I will continue to take a swing at any Ersan/Dalembert package for Gasol. There is no downside there imo.

The problem right now is why would anyone take a chance on Ersan's corpse right now. He is terrible on both sides of the floor at the moment since his game is predicated on effort and making jump shots. Neither of which he is doing.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#271 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:09 pm

DrugBust wrote:Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities.

But answer me this: who of Miami, New York, Chicago/Indiana/Brooklyn are the Bucks beating in the first round on the road? I'm assuming you think we'd be getting a Gasol that looks more like the guy he was at 30 instead of the broken down shell he is now. Which is mind-boggling but what the hell. I'll play along.

I don't believe he's broken down at all. He just doesn't care anymore, hates being on that team and isn't being used correctly. 2 years ago he was one of the best big man in the game. At 32 years old and a player who doesn't rely on pure athleticism I don't see why he can't have 2-3 more productive seasons on a different team that will make him a focal point.

I think with Pau we could easily beat Brooklyn, definitely beat Indiana and possibly beat Chicago or New York.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#272 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities.

I don't believe he's broken down at all. He just doesn't care anymore, hates being on that team and isn't being used correctly. 2 years ago he was one of the best big man in the game. At 32 years old and a player who doesn't rely on pure athleticism I don't see why he can't have 2-3 more productive seasons on a different team that will make him a focal point.

I think with Pau we could easily beat Brooklyn, definitely beat Indiana and possibly beat Chicago or New York.

Good post. Do people really think Pau's body suddenly broke down for no reason after he dominated the Olympics? That's ridiculous. And being used incorrectly is a huge factor - probably the biggest factor - in his struggles. Anybody who says otherwise is a fool. Finally, the mental toughness is not nearly the factor people make it out to be. It's a game of skill and strategy, not a cult of personality. As a society we worship the type-A personality myth for some weird reason, but you don't have to be that way to succeed.

The Bucks could beat any team in the East except Miami, or maybe Chicago if Rose comes back 100% - which I don't think he will be until next season. There's little separation among all the other teams. Whoever is healthy and develops good chemistry will rise to the top of that clusterf*ck. Last year it was Philly and Indy. This year it could be just about anyone, including the Bucks. I'm not saying they're as talented as all those other teams in the East, but they're close enough to have a very realistic chance of beating them in a playoff series.

*This is all assuming they trade either of their guards for a comparable talent who fits the team's needs better.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#273 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Pau Gasol is not in a good place right now and the odds of him turning back the clock a few years is less likley. I see zero reason the Bucks should try to get him.

Everybody has their opinion, but the Bucks have life because the youth is starting to emerge and Henson/Sanders is the future frontcourt for this squad. Dumping a beat up Pau in front of them would just be all wrong for this this team.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#274 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Pau Gasol is not in a good place right now and the odds of him turning back the clock a few years is less likley. I see zero reason the Bucks should try to get him.

Everybody has their opinion, but the Bucks have life because the youth is starting to emerge and Henson/Sanders is the future frontcourt for this squad. Dumping a beat up Pau in front of them would just be all wrong for this this team.

Yeah because there's never been an example in NBA history of young big guys benefitting from the mentoring and example set by a skilled, consummate pro like Gasol. :roll:

Pau's not in a good place because he's on the wrong team, not because there's something seriously wrong with him.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#275 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 pm

So you want to squash the growth by putting Gasol on the Bucks where he'd likely be even more unhappy? Perhaps the young fellas would benefit a big by playing with Gasol, but I doubt it. Dude needs to go to a contender/big market and find his juice again.

Far too big of a risk for the Bucks to take at this stage with limited upside reward.

But like I said, we all have our opinions on the right direction for the team. This, imo, would be the typical Bucks blunder that has plagued them over the duration of Kohl's tenure.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#276 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:23 pm

The Bucks finally have depth with youth and talent and people want to screw with it, displacing our best big in the process. If you were doing this for a guy like Aldridge I'd be on board. That's a nice fit. But not a 32 year old with knee tendinitis who'd be miserable in Milwaukee.

If I were hammond I'd do what I could to secure another lotto pick. If people consider this a week draft and want to move their picks, take advantage of it and try to land the SG the Bucks desperately need.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#277 » by jr lucosa » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want Pau. For a while there I felt overwhelmed by the Gasol love. :D

A 30 plus year old with bad numbers, career low percentages, awful knees and no heart.... but his name is Pau Gasol! Must be the best option.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#278 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 pm

If the Bucks could get a Ersan/Gooden/Udoh for Gasol type deal they would be beyond stupid to not do it for salary purposes alone. Best case, you get two years of a re-energized Gasol. Worst case is he still sucks, and you have a massive expiring next season, while dumping your two albatross contracts, and opening up minutes for Henson. I could probably be convinced to throw in Harris for a late 1st to get the deal done too.
Do it for Chuck
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#279 » by averageposter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

I think it depends on the Pau trade but I don't see where it immediately stands in the way of the young guys. Henson isn't starting now, perhaps he should be given Ilyasova's troubles but he isn't. I think as long as Ersan leaves in the deal getting Pau probably doesn't change the rotation much. Sanders plays the same as he always has and Henson could steal a few minutes at Center at the expense of Udoh, to make up for Pau playing more than Ersan. Or Pau slides over to the 5 at the expense of Udoh. The future is the future, you could move Pau next year if need be to clear the room again for the young guys. I think Udoh suffers the minute reduction and I'd be fine with that.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#280 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

There's an article on Grantland right now about how the Spurs are in desperate need of athleticism to put around their aging stars. The two guys I'd want most from them are Leonard and Green. Imagine slotting those two next to Jennings, Henson and Sanders. I don't want to say the core is complete, but that's a team to build around.

The article throws out the names Gay, Smith, Horford, Cousins and Thad Young. Obviously if Horford could be had, we're not beating that without offering Sanders and that defeats the purpose. But I wonder if a package of LRMAM, Ellis and Harris could get it done? The Bucks would have to take back Stephen Jackson, but we could waive his ass before he even got on a plane.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks