Trades for the Bucks to blow it up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Re: Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#321 » by RandyBreuer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am

Hawks need some swag to pick up the scoring slack with Lou Will done for the year.

Ellis/Pryz for Morrow/ZaZa

better fit with Morrow and ZaZa can provide some quality minutes assuring Daly and Gooden stay glued to the bench.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#322 » by mattg » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 am

I dislike Ellis on this team, but that's an atrocious deal value wise for him. There's probably a better Ellis deal from every team in the league than that. You don't make a trade just to make a trade which is what way too many of the proposed deals in here are.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 1,995

Post#323 » by Village Idiot » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:44 pm

mattg wrote:As for that Portland/Phoenix deal, there's no way Portland can do that. They can't give up Matthews without getting a SG in return, they literally have no one else and the worst bench in the nba.

I'm a Portland fan and you are indeed correct. Most Blazers fans are negative to a trade that boils down to Gortat for Matthews.

Adding Mike Dunleavy Jr. to the deal makes it a lot more appealing to us. He could fill in well alongside Batum in the starting line-up. For either of our teams he's an ending contract and unrestricted free-agent.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#324 » by H2tObes » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
mattg wrote:As for that Portland/Phoenix deal, there's no way Portland can do that. They can't give up Matthews without getting a SG in return, they literally have no one else and the worst bench in the nba.

I'm a Portland fan and you are indeed correct. Most Blazers fans are negative to a trade that boils down to Gortat for Matthews.

Adding Mike Dunleavy Jr. to the deal makes it a lot more appealing to us. He could fill in well alongside Batum in the starting line-up. For either of our teams he's an ending contract and unrestricted free-agent.

You would need to give us all your first for the next 20 years for the Godleavy.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,761

Post#325 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:32 pm

Brandon would also have more assists if he was any good at driving in the paint, drawing defenders, and creating better shots for his teammates. You don't see this nearly enough from him. His assists are more reliant on swinging the ball to a perimeter guy and hoping he hits his jumper.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#326 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:38 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Brandon would also have more assists if he was any good at driving in the paint, drawing defenders, and creating better shots for his teammates. You don't see this nearly enough from him. His assists are more reliant on swinging the ball to a perimeter guy and hoping he hits his jumper.

Just to point out this, Brandon averages 2.2 assists per game to teammates "at the rim" putting him in between Kemba Walker, Jeff Teague, Nicolas Batum and Brandon Knight. He averages 1.6 assist to teammates 16-23 feet.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#327 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Jennings should continue to see his assist totals rise now that he has two big men (Henson & Sanders) that he can throw the ball above the rim for them to slam down. Putting Tobias back in the rotation would give him a 3rd option for the lob pass.

Bucks still struggle at finishing in transition including Jennings....Dunleavy is almost better than him at waiting for the exact right moment to make the pass in a 2 on 1 fast break situation.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#328 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Bucks still struggle at finishing in transition including Jennings....Dunleavy is almost better than him at waiting for the exact right moment to make the pass in a 2 on 1 fast break situation.

It's not even close how much better he is.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#329 » by Bfinkish » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 am

Interesting: Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Denver are among the teams that might make a play for Utah forward Paul Millsap at the deadline. Millsap's contract expires at season's end. Most teams interested in obtaining Millsap, however, would do so with the intent of offering him an immediate extension.

Link: http://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/20/13/N ... eedID=8888

What would we have to give up?
God is good.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#330 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:36 am

I'd do Ellis for Millsap (obviously), but I wouldn't give assets just because I don't think we'd re-sign him. Want absolutely NOTHING to do with Al Jefferson, who is the PF version of Monta.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#331 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:47 am

LUKE23 wrote:I'd do Ellis for Millsap (obviously), but I wouldn't give assets just because I don't think we'd re-sign him. Want absolutely NOTHING to do with Al Jefferson, who is the PF version of Monta.

I think I'd do Monta for Al Jeff. Not a fan of Jefferson but he provides a more consistent 15-20 PPG then Monta, we'd likely see more of Dunleavy at the two and it would probably lead to a trade of an excess big for another wing player. I'd probably rather have his post scoring in backup center minutes then whatever it is Ekpe and Dalembert bring to the table as well.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 74

Post#332 » by gbmb34 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:59 am

Who says no?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ax23lxf

Millsap
Burks
Foye/Bell (both work)

Monta
Udoh
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#333 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 am

Utah.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#334 » by Max Green » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 am

Utah, of course. Can't imagine anyone here saying no.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#335 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:10 am

Al Jefferson hasn't been a PF in years.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,366

Post#336 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Hey guys Heat fan here, what are your plans regarding Dalembert? will he get real minutes with the new coach?

Heat could really use him, was wondering if you think you might buy him out?

I doubt we have enough assets in order to trade for him.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#337 » by RandyBreuer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Mike Miller please

still think Utah won't take on Ilyasova or resign Millsap as Favors likely get s a huge payday.
Udoh is the guy on his rookie deal for one more year I think they would take.

Udoh/Dally for Millsap/Carroll
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#338 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Hey guys Heat fan here, what are your plans regarding Dalembert? will he get real minutes with the new coach?

Heat could really use him, was wondering if you think you might buy him out?

I doubt we have enough assets in order to trade for him.

I think the odds of us buying out Dalembert are identical to us trading him for Mike Miller.........
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#339 » by Jodi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Piston fan here, I come in peace...What would we need to give the Bucks in order to acquire Ellis?..Any ideas?..
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#340 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Jodi wrote:Piston fan here, I come in peace...What would we need to give the Bucks in order to acquire Ellis?..Any ideas?..

Drummond and Stuckey? :o

Return to Milwaukee Bucks