Trades for the Bucks to blow it up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:02 pm

We know Kohl isn't smart enough to do any of this. But figured we could use a fantasy thread like this after the 0-3 week.

I'd keep Sanders, Henson and Moute. All are guys I'd like to have around on my team going forward. Everyone else is fair game, including Tobias. I don't have Tobias in any of the trades below, but if someone really wants him, I'm fine with dealing him.

Monta Trades:
The one I think works is Monta to MN for Derrick Williams and about $3mm of filler. Minny would also include a 2013 first round pick. The pick is going to be the better of either theirs or the Grizzlies which they own. The lesser first must go to the Suns. So the pick is likely in the 15-20 range.

Ersan Trades:
Three way deal with the Raptors.
Ersan and Calderon to the Lakers
Pau/Dunleavy to the Raptors
Kleiza and Terrence Ross to the Bucks
This one doesn't quite balance salary wise but we can work out the fine print. Maybe we get more from one of the teams.

Or three way with the Lakers and Bulls.
Ersan and Beno to LAL
Pau to Bulls
Boozer and Bulls first plus Charlotte first (lotto protected in 2013/14/15 and unprotected in 2016 to MKE.)

Bulls will have to dump more salary likely so maybe Rip also goes to the Lakers in that deal. We can work out fine print but these deals assume the Lakers will not trade Pau to the Western Conference. I'm having a hard time finding a destination for Pau in the East with assets that work.

Udoh trades:
Udoh to Boston for Avery Bradley

Udoh and Dunleavy to OKC for that Raptors lotto pick they hold that is only top 3 protected this year

Frankly, I'd target that Raptors pick hard with OKC and offer them pretty much any of our stuff they want. OKC will have to figure out what salary they want to send back. OKC can use some of our vets for a title run this year.

Jennings trades:
Jennings to the Clippers for Bledsoe (add in Dunleavy or Udoh if the Clips need more)

Jennings to the Raptors for Lowry. I don't think this moves us anywhere, but Lowry is an asset and I don't want to get caught this summer having to match a 4/$35 type offer sheet for Brandon.

Dalembert trades:
Dalembert to the Hawks for Morrow and Hawks 2013 first round pick.
Add Dunleavy or expand deal to Beno/Devin Harris if they need more

If my favorites above were plausible, we'd end up with:

Derrick Williams
Terrence Ross
Bledsoe

Plus either the T-Wolves/Griz #1 and the Hawks #1

And if we want to really go the picks route, we instead go for that OKC deal for the Raptors #1 and/or a Pau deal where we get two picks from the Bulls.

We really have a lot to work with here to blow this up and get back some nice assets to build around Sanders, Henson and Moute. A smart GM like Presti, Morey or Cho could have a field day tearing down our team and setting us up for something much better.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Re: Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#2 » by xTitan » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:16 pm

I don't really want many players, would rather have draft picks....people laughed at Houston when they stock piled picks, but that ploy allowed them to get Harden. Every trade people will come up with will have them bringing back some OK players who might have a name we recognize, but the only call needs to be finding a star/superstar player no matter what.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#3 » by Nebula1 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:18 pm

Still my favorite blow it up deal:

Bucks trade Ellis, Ilyasova to Lakers, Lamb or Daniels to Nets
Lakers trade Gasol, Jamison to Nets
Nets trade Humphries, Brooks, 1st to Bucks and Teletovic to Lakers

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6196509

2013/14 Bucks

Jennings/BRK 1st (Pressey)
Goodwin/Brooks
Harris/Moute
Henson/Humphries
Sanders/Udoh
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#4 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:18 pm

Udoh for Bradley is very interesting....BOS needs an interior defender besides KG in the worst possible way....I would be very excited to pull the trigger on this deal.

Monta for Derrick Williams does nothing for me. DW is who he is, who is someone that's not very good and doesn't have a true position on the floor. Bucks do not need any tweener forwards.

Jennings for Bledsoe I would be ecstatic for...Bledsoe will be a special player, but it sounds like the Clippers aren't going to trade him with Billups shelved indefinitely.

Dalembert trade would be great, but Danny Ferry is running the ship and I can't see him giving up a first for him. I'd be interested in Morrow for Dally straight up though. Maybe they would throw us a 2nd which Hammond can waste.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#5 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:22 pm

xTitan wrote:I don't really want many players, would rather have draft picks....

If you want picks, the ones to target are:

OKC holds the Raptors 2013 pick which is likely lotto. It is only top 3 protected. OKC again could use some vet assets like we have.

Charlotte holds a boatload of future picks. Not sure Cho spends any of that on what we have

Minny is win now and holds the better of either their own pick or the Grizzlies.

The Nets amazingly still have their 2013 #1 available to deal although they may not be able to deal it since they did a 2014 pick swap with the Hawks. Not sure how the Stepien rule applies there. The Russian needs to win now and he dealt last year's #1 for Gerald Wallace. We could send them Ersan and something else for Kris Humphries and simply take their pick back unprotected.

The Heat have Philly's 2013 first (lotto protected) but hard to deal with them since you'd have to take back Mike Miller or Haslem's contract.

Utah has their own pick and GSW's pick this year. Not sure if they'd do a win now with us.

This link has a great summary of who holds what future picks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#6 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:40 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Monta for Derrick Williams does nothing for me. DW is who he is, who is someone that's not very good and doesn't have a true position on the floor. Bucks do not need any tweener forwards.

Jennings for Bledsoe I would be ecstatic for...Bledsoe will be a special player, but it sounds like the Clippers aren't going to trade him with Billups shelved indefinitely.

Derrick Williams doesn't do anything for me anymore either. But he's a lotto ticket that might develop. More importantly you get a first round pick in the 15-20 range and walk away from the possibility Monta opts in.

I think the Clips would possibly consider that Jennings/Bledsoe deal if we added more to it. Udoh or Dunleavy.

afroblackarican
Senior
And1: 22

Post#7 » by afroblackarican » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:40 pm

I'd try a Jennings/Gooden package to Utah for expirings and one of their picks. They legit don't have a PG.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#8 » by unklchuk » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:52 pm

What are the odds the front office is even considering trades for this season? Aren't all eyes on the franchise itself and its future?

Everybody there can be said to have lame duck status. Aren't they all short-timers -- passively or nervously waiting for release? Giving little thought to the team going forward.

It's almost impossible not to talk trades this time of year. But in the Alice in Wonderland world of our team, I wonder if there's anyone behind the curtain...
AFAIK, IDKM
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#9 » by Treebeard » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:22 pm

unklchuk wrote:What are the odds the front office is even considering trades for this season? Aren't all eyes on the franchise itself and its future?

Everybody there can be said to have lame duck status. Aren't they all short-timers -- passively or nervously waiting for release? Giving little thought to the team going forward.

It's almost impossible not to talk trades this time of year. But in the Alice in Wonderland world of our team, I wonder if there's anyone behind the curtain...

Good points. Should happen vs will happen.....

Still, you have to think that Hammond will be auditioning for his next gig, here or somewhere else.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,368

Post#10 » by randy84 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:42 pm

The only possible trade that I see happening is the Ersan/Beno for Gasol trade.

It makes a lot of sense for both sides. Lakers get a stretch four that doesn't need the ball all the time. They get a backup PG that is expiring so they will save some money next year.

Bucks get a "marquee" name that Kohl can try to sell to the fan base. They also get a post up player that even in decline is better than what they have now.

Still fits into the win now mandate, but won't kill the salary cap situation.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#11 » by Nebula1 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:44 pm

League standings (as of 1/4)

Oklahoma City 25 7 .781 -
LA Clippers 26 8 .765 -
San Antonio 26 9 .743 ½
Miami 22 9 .710 2 ½
New York 22 10 .688 3
Golden State 22 10 .688 3
Memphis 20 10 .667 4
Atlanta 20 11 .645 4 ½
Chicago 18 13 .581 6 ½
Indiana 19 14 .576 6 ½
Houston 19 14 .576 6 ½
Brooklyn 18 15 .545 7 ½
Portland 17 15 .531 8
Denver 18 16 .529 8
Minnesota 15 14 .517 8 ½
Milwaukee 16 15 .516 8 ½
Utah 17 17 .500 9
Boston 15 17 .469 10
LA Lakers 15 17 .469 10
Philadelphia 15 19 .441 11
Dallas 13 20 .394 12 ½
Sacramento 13 20 .394 12 ½
Orlando 12 20 .375 13
Detroit 13 22 .371 13
Toronto 12 21 .364 13
Phoenix 12 22 .353 14
Charlotte 8 24 .250 17
Cleveland 8 26 .235 18
New Orleans 7 25 .219 18
Washington 4 27 .129 20 ½

If the Bucks sold big, there is no reason they couldn't slip to 7th-10th worst. I think both Toronto and Detroit would pass the Bucks. Same with Philly, LAL, Dallas and Boston (as buyers). I'm assuming Utah, Cleveland, Phoenix become sellers. End of season could look like:

9 Milwaukee
8 Utah
7 Sacramento
6 Phoenix
5 Cleveland
4 Orlando
3 Charlotte
2 Washington
1 New Orleans

A favorable Stern bounce in the lottery and Archie Goodwin is a Buck in 2013.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#12 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:59 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Derrick Williams doesn't do anything for me anymore either. But he's a lotto ticket that might develop. More importantly you get a first round pick in the 15-20 range and walk away from the possibility Monta opts in.

I think the Clips would possibly consider that Jennings/Bledsoe deal if we added more to it. Udoh or Dunleavy.

At this point I just want picks. The one thing that the FO has shown itself to be competent doing is picking players with good value for their draft slot. Trading Jennings to Toronto strait up for their pick this year top three protected and unprotected next year is a great trade because it stops us from giving Jennings a crazy extension that he cant possibly live up to and it gets us a decent pick that although it may be in a terrible draft it should be high enough to get us a good player despite the projected dearth of talent this year (plus if Toronto gets lucky and hits the lottery, even better for us cuz then we'll have a likely lotto pick in a -hopefully- much better draft. Our front office would never do this trade cuz it's not win now u say? Good point, ok couldnt we do some sh*t like throw in Calderon from the raps and dalembert from the bucks so the bucks could use the Calderon acquisition to save face from a win-now perspective?
Edit: lol I just read PPs post above the one I quoted (which was what I meant to quote) and realized I somehow missed that OKC has the raps 2013 pick. Bad reading comprehension gets me every time, smh. For the record though, I still love this deal even if its just the raps 2014 pick top 3 protected...
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#13 » by xTitan » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:05 pm

afroblackarican wrote:I'd try a Jennings/Gooden package to Utah for expirings and one of their picks. They legit don't have a PG.

How does this change things??? :wink:
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,968

Post#14 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:12 pm

Blow what up? We have some nice expirings, so let them expire. Amnesty Gooden, and trade Monta for picks and expirings if he trully isn't going to opt out. Done.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#15 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:43 pm

Jennings and Gooden for Millsap - Maybe he resigns, maybe he doesn't. No skin off my back. We don't have to resign Jennings and dump Gooden.

Ersan for Sessions/filler - Get your starting point guard back.

Assuming Roy retires - Dudley/Roy to us, Monta to Minny, D-Will to Phoenix. Maybe try to pluck Kendall Marshall from Phoenix too.

Dalembert for Morrow

Sessions / Udrih
Dudley / Morrow
LRMAM / Dunleavy / Harris
Millsap / Henson
Sanders / Udoh

Stupid amount of 2013 cap space.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#16 » by ampd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:56 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Blow what up? We have some nice expirings, so let them expire. Amnesty Gooden, and trade Monta for picks and expirings if he trully isn't going to opt out. Done.

Well yeah. This team is wired to self destruct. In order to blow it up we pretty much just need to do nothing
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#17 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:36 pm

Always down to see Ellis go for Williams. Even if Williams is nothing more than a tweener forward', Ellis still has no future in Milwaukee so you should extract value in the Monta asset while you still can. Also, a strategy I've wanted to see done for a few years now, trade 1 of our role playing Win-Now pieces to the Celtics for an unprotected first in 2014.
Go Bucks!
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#18 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:40 pm

Funny thing is it's quite hard to blow up this team by getting rid of the back court. We'd have to go really scrubby like Duhon/Willie Green.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ClayDavis
Head Coach
And1: 104

Post#19 » by ClayDavis » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:42 am

with the recent injury to love i think a ellis for williams deal doesnt happen. they dont feel compelled to go for it
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#20 » by beyond_the_arc » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:48 am

ampd wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:Blow what up? We have some nice expirings, so let them expire. Amnesty Gooden, and trade Monta for picks and expirings if he trully isn't going to opt out. Done.

Well yeah. This team is wired to self destruct. In order to blow it up we pretty much just need to do nothing

It's a good thing Senator Kohl made a career out of doing nothing in DC, should be a natural progression here since he is no longer a Senator.
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks