Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Re: Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#461 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Ken Berger on Pau trades:
Milwaukee is another possibility, and there's a deal to be made there with Monta Ellis and Drew Gooden -- though the Lakers do not want to take back future salary, so that option is dead on arrival, since Gooden is owed $13.4 million over the next two seasons.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,886

Post#462 » by ampd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:15 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ken Berger on Pau trades:
Milwaukee is another possibility, and there's a deal to be made there with Monta Ellis and Drew Gooden -- though the Lakers do not want to take back future salary, so that option is dead on arrival, since Gooden is owed $13.4 million over the next two seasons.

So we just give them Ellis and Dalembert?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#463 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:22 pm

ampd wrote:So we just give them Ellis and Dalembert?

I'd do that trade easily.

Pau is 16/7 on 57% shooting the past five games.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,886

Post#464 » by ampd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:53 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I probably do too.

One thing to consider in trading for a PF is that this will seriously **** with Ersan, and its hard to predict what that would do to team chemistry or his production. Decent chance he immediately demands a trade.

Obviously I don't expect 28/10 from Ersan on a regular basis like he has the last 3 games, but if he is going to be somewhat like the Ersan of last year it gets harder to justify replacing him with Gasol, and I don't want to bench Larry for Gasol because that would obliterate our defense.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#465 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Yep. If that's on the table u pull the trigger and don't look back. u maximize Ellis as an asset about as well as is possible and u have a huge expiring in Pau to trade next year if u want. Yes Henson would lose his minutes for the remainder of the season and ersans minutes would have to be cut, but even that could be solved if u turned around and traded ersan for a SG, like say for example redick...
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#466 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:40 pm

There's a rumor about a Bos/Mem/La 3 way. Gay goes to the Lakers, PP goes to Memphis and Pau to Boston.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1228829

I'd do the Monta and Dalembert for Pau deal though.

whatthebuck: Ersan for... that's Redick-ulous, no...

Just play Dunleavy and Lamb at the 2 if necessary. Otherwise I'm pretty sure a signing or deal for a 2 using a non-core player is possible when dealing with the right team. IE: Jared Dudley, PHX.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#467 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:00 pm

I'm not sure if the Celtics trade Pierce for Gasol.

Could see the Lakers leaks that they won't put on any more long term salary being a smokescreen though.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#468 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:There's a rumor about a Bos/Mem/La 3 way. Gay goes to the Lakers, PP goes to Memphis and Pau to Boston.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1228829

I'd do the Monta and Dalembert for Pau deal though.

whatthebuck: Ersan for... that's Redick-ulous, no...

Just play Dunleavy and Lamb at the 2 if necessary. Otherwise I'm pretty sure a signing or deal for a 2 using a non-core player is possible when dealing with the right team. IE: Jared Dudley, PHX.

Orlando says no to Ers for Redick before we do IMO. That's not to say that Ersan isn't a better, more impactful player than Redick, it's just that Orlando is rebuilding and redick is an expiring whereas ersan has 4 years left. If we trade for Pau ers unfortunately wouldn't be a part of our core anyway, by the time Pau is gone in two years Henson/Sanders is gonna -hopefully- be our starting frontcourt...
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#469 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 pm

One player that I bet most of us would blow up our team for: Kevin Love.

Wolves fans are discussing his future here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1227992

What do we think the best deal for the Wolves that we would / could offer would be?
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#470 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm

raferfenix wrote:One player that I bet most of us would blow up our team for: Kevin Love.

Wolves fans are discussing his future here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1227992

What do we think the best deal for the Wolves that we would / could offer would be?

This offer wouldn't get Love but I think our best offer would be Ersan/Henson/Harris/2013 unprotected first and I actually think that's fair value for him (although I doubt Minnie's FO would agree. It is Kahn tho so who knows...). I guess I would feel like if we could get Love we should but at the same time I'm super reluctant to break up our future Sanders/Henson frontcourt before I get to see it come to fruition when both are starting their primes (I'm guessing that's in like 2015 or so)...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#471 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:33 pm

I'd give up anything for Love, Sanders included.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#472 » by M-C-G » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm

In the Pau scenario above (Ellis/Daly for Pau, Meeks)

Follow up that deal with Illy and 1st to Orlando for Affalo

Jennings, Udrih
Affalo, Meeks, Lamb
Dunleavy, Harris
Pau, Henson, Gooden
Sanders, Udoh, Prz

If we are doing the Pau trade, I like that roster a lot more. I think Orlando would have to think pretty hard about Ily/1st for Affalo. Plus they could still bring back Reddick in FA.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#473 » by Zubby » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 pm

What would you all want, if anything from the Rockets for Ilyasova?

I am assuming the only things that might spark interest is a SF and another big?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#474 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Zubby wrote:What would you all want, if anything from the Rockets for Ilyasova?

I am assuming the only things that might spark interest is a SF and another big?

Don't see us being good trade partners. None of the young PF's you guys have are better then Ersan or Henson and I'd have a hard time believing you want to trade Parsons.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#475 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Zubby wrote:What would you all want, if anything from the Rockets for Ilyasova?

Don't see us being good trade partners. None of the young PF's you guys have are better then Ersan or Henson and I'd have a hard time believing you want to trade Parsons.

They have cap space though. We could trade them gooden and ers and lamb and only take back Delfino, Patterson, White and Jones . Would do that trade in a heartbeat considering it saves us a TON of cash not only this year but over the next two years as well, and it allows us to unload some of our PFs for picks going into this years draft. The one caveat is that Houston would never ever ever do this trade even if they thought ersan was fair vslue for what theyre giving up cuz as crazy as it sounds they would never give up delfino without getting a SF back in return because they have ZERO depth at the 3 spot. If we sent one or more of those PFs to a third team to give them back a good young SF who can log big minutes for them right away I could see this actually being a somewhat viable trade (and by somewhat viable I mean not totally, completely unrealistic lol). Morey would have to be hopelessly infatuated with ersan though and I don't see that, not that I know much about Patterson but it seems that's he may be well on his way to becoming an ersan type player already...

Edit: Actually, I just checked and Daniels instead of lamb still works under the cap and Daniels could eat Delfinos minutes... Interesting. This trade saves the Rockets from having to deal with the whole Royce White headache anymore as well. I don't know about anybody else but I love that trade for the bucks. Can't imagine the rockets would feel like that's maximizing the twin assets of 8 mil in cap space and the young PFs they would have to give up. If they felt like they need ersan like a crackhead needing a rock to smoke though who knows. I do think that a starting lineup of Lin/Harden/Parsons/Ersan/Asik is pretty bad*ss and pretty balanced. They would have no depth though. Then again they have no depth as it is...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#476 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Sure, if they'd be willing to let us rape them of all their young assets for Gooden and Ersan maybe we're good trade partners.
Zubby
General Manager

Post#477 » by Zubby » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Don't see us being good trade partners. None of the young PF's you guys have are better then Ersan or Henson and I'd have a hard time believing you want to trade Parsons.

yea I figured Parsons and maybe Asik would be the only two players u'd be interested in... thx
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#478 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:02 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Sure, if they'd be willing to let us rape them of all their young assets for Gooden and Ersan maybe we're good trade partners.

Do we consider Royce White a good young asset at this point? If not then this trade is basically Patterson and Jones + capspace for ersan. And don't forget, if they love Patterson and/or Jones then they can just substitute Aldrich and/or Montejunas for either of those two guys and the trade still works. Or even ers/gooden/Daniels/lamb for Delfino/Aldrich/Douglas/White works as well, even better send Aldrich to a team with an extra vet pg that will eat Douglas' minutes...

Edit: nevermind, I forgot about Lins and Asiks poison pills in 2014, they can't take back hardly any salary if it extends beyond next year in any trade they make unless they wanna pay tax...
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#479 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am

Zubby wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Don't see us being good trade partners. None of the young PF's you guys have are better then Ersan or Henson and I'd have a hard time believing you want to trade Parsons.

yea I figured Parsons and maybe Asik would be the only two players u'd be interested in... thx

Would u do that? Ersan/Drew Gooden/Marquis Daniels for Defino/Aldrich/Patterson/White?

EDIT: or if u want to keep Patterson sub in montejunas or Jones instead of PP...
Zubby
General Manager

Post#480 » by Zubby » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:23 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
Zubby wrote:

Would u do that? Ersan/Drew Gooden/Marquis Daniels for Defino/Aldrich/Patterson/White?

EDIT: or if u want to keep Patterson sub in montejunas or Jones instead of PP...

tempting but with all the drama with WHite I think we'd want to keep him and see what we have.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks