Trades for the Bucks to blow it up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Re: Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#31 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:22 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
perfect. but tell me, what good is all that "stupid amount of cap space" when no good players will sign here? bottom line the only way to turn this team around is to either trade for someone high B level player (gay) or an A level player which we don't have the pieces to get, or get as many high draft picks as possible and get lucky in the draft.

emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#32 » by ampd » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:25 pm

AB wants us to try to assemble a team of all white guys?
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#33 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:31 pm

ampd wrote:AB wants us to try to assemble a team of all white guys?

Plus Tobes.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#34 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:33 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:perfect. but tell me, what good is all that "stupid amount of cap space" when no good players will sign here? bottom line the only way to turn this team around is to either trade for someone high B level player (gay) or an A level player which we don't have the pieces to get, or get as many high draft picks as possible and get lucky in the draft.

You could literally sign 4-5 role players and be as good a team as we are now. You could sign three guys for the price that Rudy Gay will cost you and probably come out ahead in terms of wins. Not to mention you could use that to absorb salary in trades as well. All in all, we aren't a very good team right now. We won't be a very good team with someone like Rudy Gay. We wouldn't be a very good team with whoever we sign. I'll take the cap space over a 55 million dollar chucker. We're a ways away from being a good team, adding crippling deals to your salary cap is one of the worst ways to get better.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#35 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:41 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote: I'll take the cap space over a 55 million dollar chucker.

We had an $18 million dollar chucker in 2008-09 that we didn't trade before he got injured. But if we had dealt him when we had the chance, we could have gone into the summer of 2009 in position to sign our choice of either David Lee at 4/$40 or Milsap at 4/$45. So we can still spend the money but do it more wisely.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#36 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:46 pm

emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,372

Post#37 » by blazza18 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:54 pm

Should of blown it all up last season. Perfect chance to do it.

I'd look at something towards getting Brandon to Utah or Toronto.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#38 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:54 pm

It's too late to trade Brandon for anything of value. They wasted his trade value away, just like they did with Bogut.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#39 » by europa » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:57 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:It's too late to trade Brandon for anything of value. They wasted his trade value away, just like they did with Bogut.

They actually had the opportunity to make what could have turned out to be a fantastic trade for Bogut. Instead, they chose the inferior option. So as it turned out Bogut had plenty of value at the time of his trade given what the Bucks could have (and should have) gotten for him.
Nothing will not break me.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#40 » by kebzach » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:06 pm

As you guys make up your trade ideas, keep these 2 things in mind:

1. Bucks will not amnesty Goodon. I don't think they have the cash to do this.

2. Bucks are currently looking at "only" $ 42M in salary for next season, and "only" $ 31M if Ellis opts out. Salary cap floor is going to be in the $ 49-50M range. So they will have to ADD salary into next season's roster, which can be done in one of several ways.

Replacing Dalembert, Dunleavy and Udrih will go a ways towards accomplishing this for example. Or, they could extend Jennings (hopefully not) and that too would eat up some of that cap space. Either way, keep in mind that the idea of trading expirings for picks would mean that other FA's would have to be picked up over the summer, to get to the cap floor.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#41 » by ampd » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:25 pm

Reaching the floor is never going to be a huge problem. Its not hard to just intentionally overpay a few guys on 1 year deals.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#42 » by kebzach » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:46 pm

I agree they will be able to reach the floor...I just hope that they don't overpay Jennings because they will have the ability to do so.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#43 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:27 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:
perfect. but tell me, what good is all that "stupid amount of cap space" when no good players will sign here? bottom line the only way to turn this team around is to either trade for someone high B level player (gay) or an A level player which we don't have the pieces to get, or get as many high draft picks as possible and get lucky in the draft.

I almost asked who the ugly girl with AK47 was.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#44 » by Nowak008 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:29 pm

OKC/Bucks

Perkins/PJ3/Thabeet Raptors 1st for Dunleavy/Luc/Udoh

Gives them 3 solid rotation guys. Dunleavy gives them a much needed shooter off the bench, Luc can can chase Lebron around, and Udoh can replace Perkins.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
EzeDoesIt
Junior
And1: 10

Post#45 » by EzeDoesIt » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:37 am

Why on Earth would the Clippers trade Bledsoe for Jennings?
yoyomayoma
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#46 » by yoyomayoma » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm all about blowing it up and building around Sanders and Henson. I think we have to trade Ellis, Dalembert, Udrih and Dunleavy. No excuses. If they can get some value for Jennings, I say get it. I agree that BJ's value was higher last year but I don't think he's a max player and doubt that he'll agree to a reasonable long term deal here.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#47 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:40 pm

I like Harris, Moute, Harris, Sanders, Henson. Jennings I'd ship for a good deadline deal, if no good deal is presented, then it would depend on his contract. Ellis I'd ship for best offer. Same with Dunleavy/Udrih/Dalembert. Udoh can go as a sweetner. Amnesty Gooden.

Be nice to add another pick at the deadline and improve ours as well. Maybe we can get McLemore in the draft and keep Jennings on a reasonable deal. Jennings/McLemore/Harris/Henson/Sanders with Moute as 6th man and a clear cap is a pretty solid start, IMO.

I pray we don't go on a win streak now.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#48 » by jr lucosa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:50 pm

Skiles getting the axe makes me think maybe the swag twins will be dealt, one of the two at least.

I like Sanders, Henson, Harris going forward. I like Udoh, Lamb and Moute but yet can be moved for the right deal. Trade all expirings for picks.
pe_it72
Senior
And1: 83

Post#49 » by pe_it72 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:14 pm

We dont need to think win now, and we dont have to "tank". We need to develope our youth.

We have a great situation.

Expireing Contracts: Mike Duleavy (3.75), Beno Udrih (7.372), Monta Ellis (option, 11), Dallembert (6.7), Pryzbilla (1), Daniels (1), Jennings is but i dont see our front office trading him now since hes restricted.

Thats 30.882 Million we have in expireings.

I am using our expiring contracts to take on bad contacts and aquire picks to anyone who will give them. Rather than sign free agents to get to our floor. We need to stratecially take on bad contracts to get us to the floor. The worse the contract the better the compensation.

First deal i do with out expirings.

Ersan and Gooden

for

Humphires (12 million expiring) and fillers. Its a three million dollar difference i do believe.

I would look to bring in a third team to bring in a bad contract and a nonlotto protected pick (from a non playoff team). This deal has to be done after january 15. Or multiple non lotto picks.

such as

Humphires to CHA for Tyrus Thomas/Warrick and their 1st (4th worst record right now) or a package of there Detroit and Blazer picks from this year. I'd realistly settle for one first to dump gooden and ersan.

Now i offer Luc to any contendor for a late first. He doesnt fit with what we need to do. If i have to package Dunleavy with him i will.

So lets just say we do luc for a first to a contender and let the rest of the expireings stay just to expire (which i think is the wrong thing to do, expireings mean nothing to a small market team that can't attract free agents)

Jennings/Beno
Monta/Lamb/Daniels
Harris/Dunleavy/Warrick (does not suit up)
Henson/Thomas
Sanders/Udoh/Pryz

So with that lineup we aquire two or three extra first rounders. Along with ours and still have expirings. We need to still move our expirings (monta especially) for more bad contracts (to keep the floor) and picks. Package picks together if we need to, to move up.

Guys i want in the draft in this order:

Muhammad
Noel
Mclemore
Carter-WIlliams
Goodwin
Austin
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,691

Post#50 » by floppymoose » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:The Nets amazingly still have their 2013 #1 available to deal although they may not be able to deal it since they did a 2014 pick swap with the Hawks. Not sure how the Stepien rule applies there.

I've been told that any first round pick satisfies the rule - it doesn't have to be yours. However, that was under the prior CBA so perhaps it has changed.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks