ATL: The Lakers still suck and we still approve

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Re: ATL: The Lakers still suck and we still approve 

Post#121 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:56 am

Bad Midget wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Buck Pack verified it and he is spot on on all his inside stuff.

An anonymous internet message board poster. Yeah. I'm sure.

Ok you're just going to be a dick, thats fine I don't need to waste time convincing you, but it's just one of those hindsight deals like the ZBO one that really could have helped this team that we missed out on.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#122 » by Bad Midget » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

Garbs_7 wrote:
Bad Midget wrote:

Ok you're just going to be a dick, thats fine I don't need to waste time convincing you, but it's just one of those hindsight deals like the ZBO one that really could have helped this team that we missed out on.

Not trying to be a dick haha. Just think we got the best we could've. I'll be keeping an eye on Curry and the Warriors for sure though.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#123 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 am

If they can get Bogut healthy the Warriors will be very tough. Bogut isn't the type of player who will take away from what they are doing either, will be a massive upgrade over Ezeli. Jack and Landry off the bench are nice too, solid squad.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#124 » by blazza18 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:09 am

Garbs_7 wrote:If they can get Bogut healthy the Warriors will be very tough. Bogut isn't the type of player who will take away from what they are doing either, will be a massive upgrade over Ezeli. Jack and Landry off the bench are nice too, solid squad.

Bingo. 20-25 minutes a night of Bogut is better than what they're currently getting now. He will help man up their D. Make them stronger inside. Games like tonight they really miss his presence.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#125 » by H2tObes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 am

We're probably a 45 win team if we replace Monta with Mayo.
HairyBaboon
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#126 » by HairyBaboon » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 am

As a born and raised Wisconsinite and die hard Bucks fan living in Los Angeles, I must say it's quite amusing watching the Lakers fail. Everyone I talk to that's a Lakers fan cries and moans about how bad they are, and all I ever say is, "Welcome to my entire life." ESPN 710 (LA's affiliate) bashes them everyday, and although it gets a little annoying, it's still entertaining. I'm beginning to think I'm the problem with NBA teams. I lived in the Milwaukee area my entire life and watched the Bucks fail time and time again. I move to Los Angeles, the Bucks are decent (relative to the past) and the Lakers suck. If we get the Heat in the first round, I'll definitely take my talents to South Beach.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#127 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:34 am

H2tObes wrote:Lakers lose again! Nothing better then to see Kobe upset.

I'm no Kobe fan and am taking great pleasure in seeing the Lakers free fall, as most non-LA fans are.

That said, Kobe is having a pretty amazing year IMO for a guy both his age and with so many miles on his legs. This is his 17th season in the NBA and that includes tons of playoff games.

Yet, here he is averaging 30 ppg, shooting nearly 48% from the field, 35% from three, getting to the line 8.3 times a game at 85%, 5.2 rebounds, 4.8 assists. and logging 40 mpg on those older legs of his. So even with my strong dislike of the Lakers and not being a fan of Kobe personally, i have real respect for the year he's having at his age and with all the minutes he's logged over 17 seasons.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#128 » by Jez2983 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:08 am

HairyBaboon wrote: If we get the Heat in the first round, I'll definitely take my talents to South Beach.

:lol:
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,267

Post#129 » by KidA24 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Bad Midget wrote:

How about quoting the Golden State GM?
http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2012/03/16/gs-warriors-owner-joe-lacob-talks-steph-curry/

“I’m getting chills talking about (Ellis) right now,” Lacob said. “He’s one of my favorite players in the NBA. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. I feel very strongly about him. It was incredibly difficult to trade him, but he’s the piece it had to be to get Andrew Bogut. We would have traded either (Curry or Ellis) to take the next step for this franchise.”
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#130 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Curry was definitely available to us, we didn't want him because of his ankle injury and wanting a piece to foolishly chase the 8th seed last year. I'd take pretty much any trade over Monta let alone one for a vastly superior Curry, Hammond made a terrible mistake and one that should be a fireable offense.
FREE GIANNIS
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,844

Post#131 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:38 pm

JayMKE wrote:Curry was definitely available to us, we didn't want him because of his ankle injury and wanting a piece to foolishly chase the 8th seed last year. I'd take pretty much any trade over Monta let alone one for a vastly superior Curry, Hammond made a terrible mistake and one that should be a fireable offense.

Unfortunately, the man behind the curtain who's actually responsible for that mistake can't be fired.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#132 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Anybody else realize that Eric Gordon has sucked since he came back. Is he still injuried? Is he playing like **** because he really doesn't want to play for the hornets

Also, does anybody know if he can be traded to the Suns this year
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#133 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Too early for this? Probably. Do I care? Eh, not really. Below GB (Games Behind) are all GB in the loss column.

Bucks are...

2 GB of the Central Division Lead (Pacers/Bulls)
2 GB of Best Record of Non-Division Winners (Hawks)
0 GB of Making Playoffs [Currently #7 seed]

6 GB of Lottery Pick
7 GB of a Top 10 Pick*
9 GB of Top 5 pick*
9 GB of Top 3 pick*
12 GB of #1 pick*
*Lottery pending obviously.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#134 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:20 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Anybody else realize that Eric Gordon has sucked since he came back. Is he still injuried? Is he playing like **** because he really doesn't want to play for the hornets

Also, does anybody know if he can be traded to the Suns this year

Takes awhile to get up to speed. He can still play and in a month he'll start looking like who he was. I thought he was showing flashes last night.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#135 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Great article about Sheed and Stack on Grantland:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/882 ... stackhouse

Sheed and Stack in the Big Apple

Two wily veterans spend the twilight of their intertwined careers in New York

By Jonathan Abrams on January 10, 2013

These are the nights that Jerry Stackhouse still cherishes. A loud and rambunctious arena. Teams trading buckets. A basket as big as the ocean. Maybe these nights are fewer and further between, but that's fine with him. He can see the finish line now. It's not just that Stackhouse chipped in 14 points, drilling four out of five 3s to will the Brooklyn Nets to a November overtime win over the Knicks in the first matchup of their reborn rivalry. He isn't satisfied with a single shot or a solid game. Jerry Stackhouse isn't truly content until he's had a conversation with his mother, Minnie, later that night.

"There's nothing like having the game I had last night and calling my momma and hearing her voice," Stackhouse said the next day. "She has good and bad days. She's 83. She's battled a lot of different things with her health, but I could hear it in her voice last night. She was telling me, 'I couldn't believe you could kick your legs up that high.' They came back down, but I still got them up there."

Stackhouse hasn't played in a playoff game in nearly three years. Across his 17-year professional career, he's made just one appearance in the NBA Finals, with Dallas in 2006, when they fumbled a 2-0 lead to Miami and lost in six games. He has few regrets, but he still wants to win.

"Would I trade having a championship ring or being able to hoist the Larry O'Brien Trophy over what my momma said last night on that phone after watching that game?" he said. "No way."

Rasheed Wallace, once Stackhouse's running mate at the University of North Carolina, was on the losing end of that first Brooklyn–New York battle. Wallace missed nine of his 11 shots. It's true, the ball don't lie. Nor do the lasting careers of two of the league's locker room sages. They've been allies, All-Stars, contributors, opponents, retirees, returnees, lightning rods, and — perhaps most importantly — chameleons, adept at adapting to their ever-evolving NBA roles. Both 38 years old, both hoping for one last playoff run, it's been nearly two decades since Sheed and Stack first met at Chapel Hill.

"You're not going to beat Father Time," Stackhouse said. "He's going to catch up with us all. But I think we can manage him. I think that's what I learned to do. Playing less minutes, absorbing a little less of a role than I would customarily want … taking my wants out of the equation and putting other people's at the forefront. When I was pushing, pushing, pushing for what I really wanted, it seemed like I never really got it."

Both Wallace and Stackhouse have become known within NBA circles for their distinct personalities. Wallace's teammates have always loved him, but he is often aloof with those he doesn't know or trust — particularly reporters and officials. Stackhouse is poker-faced, but approachable — and yet he's always been considered an old-school tough guy who shouldn't be crossed under any circumstances. Even after all these years, Wallace still defends well in the post; Steve Smith, his teammate in Portland, calls him a "middle linebacker," the lead communicator on defense. Stackhouse lives on the perimeter, resigned to outsmarting opponents over out-quicking them. Both can drain a timely 3, both are utterly fearless, and both are valued for their locker room contributions as much as what they can still do on the court.

"I think people can see that I go hard," Wallace says now. "I'm just out there trying to go hard. I only know one speed. When I was in my heyday, of course I had those who hated me. They were supposed to hate the opposition. But it's good, though. It feels good."

"I'm here right now because of who I am," Stackhouse says, "not because I've succumbed or had to settle. I've changed my roles. I understand the importance of having to change roles. I look at a guy like Allen Iverson. There's no way, from a talent level or what he's done for the game of basketball, he shouldn't be on somebody's team right now. But we know why. We know why."

Rasheed is an all-time great. Can't wait to see him back on the floor.
NerdsterBuck
Junior
And1: 8

Post#136 » by NerdsterBuck » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:04 pm

I didn't know where to post this so I'll post it here. Since Joel Przybilla is horrible, why not release him and signed someone like Greg Oden? I know he's injury prone, but I still believe that he has upside.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#137 » by Ayt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 pm

KidA24 wrote:
Bad Midget wrote:

How about quoting the Golden State GM?
http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2012/03/16/gs-warriors-owner-joe-lacob-talks-steph-curry/

“I’m getting chills talking about (Ellis) right now,” Lacob said. “He’s one of my favorite players in the NBA. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. I feel very strongly about him. It was incredibly difficult to trade him, but he’s the piece it had to be to get Andrew Bogut. We would have traded either (Curry or Ellis) to take the next step for this franchise.”

NBA owner. Yeah. I'm sure.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#138 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#139 » by drew881 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 pm

NerdsterBuck wrote:I didn't know where to post this so I'll post it here. Since Joel Przybilla is horrible, why not release him and signed someone like Greg Oden? I know he's injury prone, but I still believe that he has upside.

Our players miss three weeks for stitches and dehydration. Just imagine what our doctors would do to Oden's knees.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#140 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:59 pm

drew881 wrote:
NerdsterBuck wrote:I didn't know where to post this so I'll post it here. Since Joel Przybilla is horrible, why not release him and signed someone like Greg Oden? I know he's injury prone, but I still believe that he has upside.

Our players miss three weeks for stitches and dehydration. Just imagine what our doctors would do to Oden's knees.

Przy is our 15th player, does it matter if our 15th player is better than him if/when healthy? Przy will not be a Buck next year, he was brought in for reasons that were more than on-court performance.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks