ImageImage

Aldridge: Skiles Unlikely To Return Next Season

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Re: Aldridge: Skiles Unlikely To Return Next Season 

Post#61 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:58 pm

europa wrote:Replace Ellis with an efficient SG and the team instantly improves.

You replace either with a less frills, less bull **** player and the team instantly improves.

Monta may be better then Jennings, great. You have a bad player whos currently better then another bad player. It's not rocket science here.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#62 » by europa » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:59 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
europa wrote:Replace Ellis with an efficient SG and the team instantly improves.

You replace either with a less frills, less bull **** player and the team instantly improves.

Ideally you'd like to replace both. That would be a huge positive step in the right direction for this team - assuming the Bucks didn't muck up the players they acquire to replace them (an all too realistic possibility unfortunately).
Nothing will not break me.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#63 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:01 pm

There are no words that wouldn't get me banned to describe what I think of Hammonds still having fans here. The guy is a **** ****.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#64 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:01 pm

Ayt wrote:
GrendonJennings wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Jennings and Ellis have played well together, forming easily the least efficient volume backcourt in the entire NBA.

19.4 + 17.8 = 37.2

You tell me how you find 2 players cheaper to replace 37 PPGZ!

I don't care to actually try to figure it out, but Chuck and Suck have to be one of the worst duos in 20 years when it comes to high shot attempts combined with putrid TS%. I'm having trouble of thinking of many duos to even compare them to.

Monta is 6th in the NBA in FGA and Baddy is 11th.

Holy crap, I figured everyone would actually pick up on my sarcasm. Maybe I should have closed it with a [/McGlocklin]?
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#65 » by JBucks » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:01 pm

europa wrote: Ideally you'd like to replace both. That would be a huge positive step in the right direction for this team - assuming the Bucks didn't muck up the players they acquire to replace them (an all too realistic possibility unfortunately).

You mean Jason Richardson won't work?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#66 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:02 pm

JBucks wrote:You mean Jason Richardson won't work?

Aaron Brooks is a good pairing with him right?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#67 » by Ayt » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:04 pm

GrendonJennings wrote:
Ayt wrote:
GrendonJennings wrote:19.4 + 17.8 = 37.2

You tell me how you find 2 players cheaper to replace 37 PPGZ!

I don't care to actually try to figure it out, but Chuck and Suck have to be one of the worst duos in 20 years when it comes to high shot attempts combined with putrid TS%. I'm having trouble of thinking of many duos to even compare them to.

Monta is 6th in the NBA in FGA and Baddy is 11th.

Holy crap, I figured everyone would actually pick up on my sarcasm. Maybe I should have closed it with a [/McGlocklin]?

I got it. I was elucidating on the point.
JBucks
Analyst

Post#68 » by JBucks » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:06 pm

I would love to hear what McGlocklin has to say about this team in private.
JBucks
Analyst

Post#69 » by JBucks » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:06 pm

Watch Hammond fire Skiles and go on the sideline himself.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#70 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:06 pm

Ayt wrote:I got it. I was elucidating on the point.

<-----Massive n00b.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#71 » by whatthe_buck!? » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:15 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:jennings is a poor mans monta ellis.... except smaller and worse at EVERY aspect and/or statistical category of the game of basketball. he really should play sg like monta but hes too small for it... so not only is he worse than monta at everything but hes also forced to play out of position.

all that said, i will say hes better at limiting statistical turnovers. he does well there on paper so id imagine i shouldnt leave that out of the analysis. but i chalk that up to the fact that when monta gets stuck and tries to make something happen, he either chucks a bad shot or forces a bad pass. jennings prefers to just dribble like crazy and then when he gets stuck to wait for somebody to run at him to get the ball late in the shot clock. its basically the same as a turnover but it doesnt count like one.

You're arguing with the wrong person. However u took my original post, I wasn't at all trying to argue Jennings vs. Ellis, I was simply criticizing the person who created the Ellis/Jennings debate in the first place by putting them together in the same starting backcourt (that is to say Professor John Hammonds). In some ways I actually agree with u as far as advantages that Ellis has over Jennings that make him a better candidate to keep if we had to choose to between trading one or the other, I could go either way, but in Jennings' defense he does have to play almost all of his minutes with Monta f*cking Ellis as his shooting guard.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#72 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:21 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:jennings is a poor mans monta ellis.... except smaller and worse at EVERY aspect and/or statistical category of the game of basketball. he really should play sg like monta but hes too small for it... so not only is he worse than monta at everything but hes also forced to play out of position.

all that said, i will say hes better at limiting statistical turnovers. he does well there on paper so id imagine i shouldnt leave that out of the analysis. but i chalk that up to the fact that when monta gets stuck and tries to make something happen, he either chucks a bad shot or forces a bad pass. jennings prefers to just dribble like crazy and then when he gets stuck to wait for somebody to run at him to get the ball late in the shot clock. its basically the same as a turnover but it doesnt count like one.

You're arguing with the wrong person. However u took my original post, I wasn't at all trying to argue Jennings vs. Ellis, I was simply criticizing the person who created the Ellis/Jennings debate in the first place by putting them together in the same starting backcourt (that is to say Professor John Hammonds). In some ways I actually agree with u as far as advantages that Ellis has over Jennings that make him a better candidate to keep if we had to choose to between trading one or the other, I could go either way, but in Jennings' defense he does have to play almost all of his minutes with Monta f*cking Ellis as his shooting guard.

i'll just say jennings sucks no matter who the sg is. sucks balls sucks. the only thing about teaming him with ellis thats worth discussing...... is that we have a poormans ellis in jennings playing the more important position of pg in the pairing.

the guys who would rather have jennings over ellis mind boggle me. its like saying theyd rather ellis get worse and play pg. thats like the worst of all scenarios.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#73 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:26 pm

both jennings and ellis have massive issues, but the way the rest of the team is built (and with skiles coaching).... we almost have to find prolific offensive types for the backcourt. its a tough fix unless we go get a harden. we need to go get a harden. draft one, sign one, trade for one.

all these other names being tossed around arent gonna make us significantly better. were gonna stay around mediocre. we have the championship caliber role players.... we need a #1.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#74 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:26 pm

I don't mean to derail the Jennings v. Monta and who sucks more discussion. But maybe we move that to a different thread. Herb Kohl loves the fact we are still debating that and not the mess of a situation our front office is in.

As this article sinks in, it sounds like Hammond is back and Skiles is not. Two rather large pieces of information if they are actually confirmed in the coming days.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#75 » by El Duderino » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:28 pm

AussieBuck wrote:There are no words that wouldn't get me banned to describe what I think of Hammonds still having fans here. The guy is a **** ****.

I'm no Hammond fan either, but i'll give him credit for one thing besides his solid drafting and that's he thankfully didn't give Jennings an extension in the offseason. This team has multiple flaws going forward and PG is one of the biggest. Besides just the wasted money factor of giving Brandon a say 4yr/40ish million dollar deal, had Hammond done something like that, it would have locked Jennings into the starting PG job for years to come.

It's pretty amazing how Brandon has pretty much not improved or regressed in a single aspect of his game since being drafted. Instead he stagnated and is nearly the exact same player he was as a rookie, minus a 55 point hope teasing game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,968

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:29 pm

I still doubt either come back, Skiles being 99% gone, Hammond being around 90%.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#77 » by whatthe_buck!? » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:31 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:

i'll just say jennings sucks no matter who the sg is. sucks balls sucks. the only thing about teaming him with ellis thats worth discussing is that we have the worst nightmare version of ellis is jennings playing a much more important position on the team at pg in jennings.

the guys who would rather have jennings over ellis mind boggle me. its like saying theyd rather ellis get worse and play pg. thats like the worst of all scenarios.

Like I said, you're arguing with the wrong person. All I know from watching every single minute of every game this season however is that the times when I see Jennings doing things that make him a valuable player on the court have almost exclusively been when Ellis has been on the bench. U also have to remember that if u advocate trading Jennings instead of Ellis (which, for the right deal, I could definitely get behind), u probably need to think about who u want as the Bucks point guard going forward starting next season because I believe Ellis will opt out and leave at the end of this season if the Bucks don't trade him...
JBucks
Analyst

Post#78 » by JBucks » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:33 pm

I was actually thinking after the Rockets loss that if the Bucks were blown to pieces Saturday night against Indiana, Skiles might be gone. Guess not, though. Kohl must be that desperate for the 8th seed and a couple games' cash at home.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#79 » by whatthe_buck!? » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:39 pm

AussieBuck wrote:There are no words that wouldn't get me banned to describe what I think of Hammonds still having fans here. The guy is a **** ****.

On the other hand, getting banned for losing it and cussing out Hammond for all the missed opportunities in some hypothetical all-time epic post is definitely pretty much the most glorious way u could go out... I wouldn't wanna lose u as a poster but at the same time I wouldn't fault u for it or not be proud of u for having the stones to do it... :D
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#80 » by crkone » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:54 pm

Even though the Ridnour/Sessions thing didn't turn out as expected :lol: my xtranormal movie from '09 still holds up!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1530321 ... h-a-douche

:lol:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks