ImageImage

BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#381 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:58 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Gery is all in now. Feels even more confident the Bucks will make the ECF with Skiles gone.

Loves the backcourt. When they get it going, they are as good as any backcourt in the league.

http://podcast.sportsradio1250.com/wssp2/3813432.mp3

I would agree that when they get it going they're as good as any backcourt in the league. The problem is they get it going together maybe once every 20 games. I'm no math expert but if you get it going every one out of 20 games in the playoffs you aren't going to be in the playoffs very long.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#382 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:14 pm

i guess but not exactly either. the article basically pointed out everything we already knew. and then at the end was like, "oh yeah, he wore out his welcome".

scott skiles was the least liked coach in the league based on a league wide players vote. he psychologically ran off who was SUPPOSED to be some of our best veterans the last couple years. and he had essentially lost our lockerroom with the current crop of guys as well. hes a sullen unpersonable ass who has left every team hes coached before us a mess. no way we should have allowed him to finish the season on a contract he had made it known he wasnt willing to live up to with the energy with which he signed it. good riddance and not a moment too soon.

im actually kind of glad weve got boylan now who can bring much of the same coaching philosophies as it would relate to the strategy weve had. and that to me wasnt the issue with skiles. i will give him alot of credit for the x's and o's. but his persona is the primary issue above all else. how you could write an article about scott skiles and not give a paragraph about what an abusive person he is confuses me.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#383 » by Steve210 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:59 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

i guess but not exactly either. the article basically pointed out everything we already knew. and then at the end was like, "oh yeah, he wore out his welcome".

scott skiles was the least liked coach in the league based on a league wide players vote. he psychologically ran off who was SUPPOSED to be some of our best veterans the last couple years. and he had essentially lost our lockerroom with the current crop of guys as well. hes a sullen unpersonable ass who has left every team hes coached before us a mess. no way we should have allowed him to finish the season on a contract he had made it known he wasnt willing to live up to with the energy with which he signed it. good riddance and not a moment too soon.

that is the primary issue above all else. how you could write an article about scott skiles and not give a paragraph about what an abusive person he is confuses me.

I just hope the Bucks can continue this good mojo they have now that Skiles is finally gone, it sure sounds like Jim Boylan played the role as good cop on the Bucks coaching staff, and now that he's running the show, I wish him the best of luck, and it sure looks like all the players are buying in so far.

I listened to Boylan's interview on WSSP, and I think he's learned a lot since the last time he filled in for Skiles. Boylan is completely aware of Skiles weaknesses, and Boylan said it himself, he's more personal, likes to communicate with the players, the fans, etc. As long as the players on this team, know, understand and accept their roles and everyone is on the same page, I don't see why they can't turn things around. I'm looking forward to watching this team go on a run now that Skiles is gone, and I think this team will embrace the underdog role and hopefully we will see another Fear The Deer type of run.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#384 » by crkone » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Steve210 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i guess but not exactly either. the article basically pointed out everything we already knew. and then at the end was like, "oh yeah, he wore out his welcome".

that is the primary issue above all else. how you could write an article about scott skiles and not give a paragraph about what an abusive person he is confuses me.

I just hope the Bucks can continue this good mojo they have now that Skiles is finally gone, it sure sounds like Jim Boylan played the role as good cop on the Bucks coaching staff, and now that he's running the show, I wish him the best of luck, and it sure looks like all the players are buying in so far.

I listened to Boylan's interview on WSSP, and I think he's learned a lot since the last time he filled in for Skiles. Boylan is completely aware of Skiles weaknesses, and Boylan said it himself, he's more personal, likes to communicate with the players, the fans, etc. As long as the players on this team, know, understand and accept their roles and everyone is on the same page, I don't see why they can't turn things around. I'm looking forward to watching this team go on a run now that Skiles is gone, and I think this team will embrace the underdog role and hopefully we will see another Fear The Deer type of run.

Then they will have to trade Ellis for a Salmons type guard.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#385 » by unklchuk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Epi's point that the head coach in the NBA is not at the top of list of determining factors for success seems to apply here. Plus the initial honeymoon period usually lessens with time. So even though I'm delighted to feel the atmosphere improved in the last 2 games, and hope that that will spur the speed of player development, I'm telling myself to be satisfied (more or less) with modest improvements.

After all, we still have basically average talent. If we add a little over-achieving to that (a possibility) we could slip into playoffs 6 or 7. A better result than that will surprise me, but I'm certainly open to surprise.
AFAIK, IDKM
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#386 » by Treebeard » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Tom Oates on Skiles departure

January 09, 2013 5:15 am • TOM OATES | Wisconsin State Journal | toates@madison.com |

http://host.madison.com/sports/columnis ... f887a.html

Mostly familiar ground, but interesting all the same

He said the two did not have a frosty relationship and that Skiles did not hate his team. Hammond denied that Skiles was offered a contract extension and said he and Kohl are in the process of working out an extension for himself, a sign that if there was a power struggle, Hammond won. He also said Boylan would bring energy and passion to the Bucks and that he liked the team and still expected it to make the playoffs.

The playoffs are certainly reachable, but one can certainly see how Skiles might think the Bucks are just spinning their wheels as a franchise. They face major contract decisions on star guards Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis in the offseason. In a league where two or three stars are needed to win titles, the Bucks can't afford to lose any because they have too many role players as it is. And their lack of inside scoring punch is crippling.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#387 » by icat2000 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:38 pm

I'm still of the view that it comes back to the ownership. Bucks have just been treading water for years. Not really going anywhere. We seem to get out the broom but don't sweep out the bit that should have been done years ago. The Owner. The Franchise needs a fresh start or a reboot.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#388 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Tom Oates wrote:They face major contract decisions on star guards Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis in the offseason. In a league where two or three stars are needed to win titles, the Bucks can't afford to lose any because they have too many role players as it is. And their lack of inside scoring punch is crippling.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks