ImageImage

BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#41 » by ampd » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:50 am

GrendonJennings wrote:We'll all remember this night when Henson has his 2nd MVP and Tobias has his 4th scoring title.

I see what you did there
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#42 » by xTitan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:51 am

The truth is Skiles hates the GM, who hopefully will be next to go, followed shortly by the owner.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#43 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:51 am

LittleRooster wrote:Poor Woeful doesn't get the scoop, again

Huh? The Milwaukee Bucks WSSP Basketball NBA Insider gets left out in the cold again? Say it ain't so.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#44 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:52 am

xTitan wrote:The truth is Skiles hates the GM, who hopefully will be next to go, followed shortly by the owner.

I think he hated that the GM gave him over the years. It certainly didn't start that way, though.

This is completely par for the course for Skiles. But it's also 100% justified.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#45 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:53 am

DrugBust wrote:
Close coaching friend of ex-Bucks coach Scott Skiles tells Y! Sports: "Scott hated his team."

LMAO

Jim Boylan.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
xTitan
RealGM

Post#46 » by xTitan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:54 am

WEFFPIM wrote:
xTitan wrote:The truth is Skiles hates the GM, who hopefully will be next to go, followed shortly by the owner.

I think he hated that the GM gave him over the years. It certainly didn't start that way, though.

This is completely par for the course for Skiles. But it's also 100% justified.

no...he and many in the organization literally hate the GM.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#47 » by xTitan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:55 am

BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@justryod3
Coach skiles love the way he Approached the game. Believed in me since I was a rookie, gave me the rock since day one. Thanks for everything
MasterChef
Junior
And1: 11

Post#48 » by MasterChef » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:55 am

Woelful does not need to release any inside scoops anymore. We're going to the ECF if you didn't remember, and all this is just paving the road smooth as butter for us to do so....duh
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#49 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:56 am

WEFFPIM wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Yes but the meaning is deeper than that.

Did he get the Canes job in shady circumstances?

Not really shady. The view from the PBP guy.

Carolina GM Jim Rutherford was in Charlotte. That wasn’t necessarily a big deal; Charlotte is his AHL affiliate.

Milwaukee played well Saturday in a 3-2 loss to the Checkers. Sunday’s game was a different story. The Admirals played a very poor first period en route to a 5-1 loss.

After the game, I packed up my equipment and got on the bus. I was alone on the bus about 20 minutes. The team always eats a postgame meal at the arena when we’re on the road, so nobody else was there. Assistant coach Ian Herbers was the next person on the bus. He and I were alone for about 10 minutes and we chatted about the game.

The team started to trickle out along with Muller. Kirk stayed in the parking lot to talk on the phone with someone. That is a common occurrence, so there was no red flag.

We finally headed to the airport and through security. When we got to the gate, Kirk was on the phone again. He was trying to find a private place to talk. Again, that’s not a big deal.

Herbers came up to me after a while and asked if Kirk was going to be on the next night’s Milwaukee Admirals Center Ice radio show. I told Ian I hadn’t asked but it was the plan. Ian said he would do it. I told him I appreciated that but Kirk hadn’t been on in a while. Ian reiterated he was doing the show because, in Ian’s dry humor, “Kirk doesn’t like you guys.” I laughed. Still, I thought Kirk should be on the show, so I was going to talk to him. Alas, he was still on the phone.

He was on the phone nearly four hours while we waited to board the plane back to Chicago.

After we landed at O’Hare, I spotted Kirk standing outside the bus. I approached him and he said to me, “Tough game, huh?” We spoke briefly about what was bad and what he liked from the game. By then, everyone else had boarded the bus. I didn’t get the chance to ask him about the show. I decided I would let it go.

As we travelled back to Milwaukee, there were some hushed conversations at the front of the bus. When we arrived at the stop, Kirk stood up and said, “Meeting at 10:45 tomorrow. We’re on the ice at noon.” Then, Doug Agnew shook Kirk’s hand.

The team found out the next morning when some saw the “rumor” on Twitter. When they arrived at the Bradley Center, Ian told them what happened and stressed the reason the players and coaches are in Milwaukee is to make it to the NHL. This was Muller’s chance.

I knew something was up fairly early in the process. When he was on the phone as long as he was, I knew he was gone. When Ian was adamant he was doing the radio show, it cemented my feeling. I just didn’t know the team. We had heard Washington was making a change, so I thought the Dale Hunter rumor was just that, a rumor, and Kirk was getting the job. It was Monday morning we found out it was Carolina.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#50 » by Max Green » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:56 am

Skiles is 3-0 flaming out 30 games into a season. So **** glad to see him gone. Hopefully we start the search for a new Coach soon, and Boylan scraps Skiles **** rotations and actually give the young guys some minutes.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#51 » by Turd Ferguson » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:56 am

xTitan wrote:BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@justryod3
Coach skiles love the way he Approached the game. Believed in me since I was a rookie, gave me the rock since day one. Thanks for everything

I remember seeing a video of Monta on media day (?) where he didn't know how to properly type - does he even have a twitter? My guess would be no.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#52 » by Siefer » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:58 am

While this could be step one in the blowup that has been a decade coming, we all know it'll just be more rearranging the deckchairs.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#53 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:58 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:Poor Woeful doesn't get the scoop, again

Huh? The Milwaukee Bucks WSSP Basketball NBA Insider gets left out in the cold again? Say it ain't so.

He talked to two Eastern Conference front office guys who saw this move coming a week ago.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ComeBackRay34
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#54 » by ComeBackRay34 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:58 am

1. New Owner
2. Fire Hammond
3. Fire Skiles
4. Trade Monta Ella

Bucks finally getting on that checklist of things to do to become respectable organization. We 1/4 of the way there gentlemen!
:rockon:

Give me more TOBES!
"Monta Ellis have it all" ~ from the Great One who's only difference from Wade is winning games, an all-star appearance, two championship rings, and two gold medals.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#55 » by aboveAverage » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:58 am

Not sure how to react to this until we figure out what's happening with this team in the near future. It all seems to be building towards a sale this summer, which would be rather nice. Skiles gone, Hammond gone, no back-breaking long term contracts, Monta hopefully gone, fresh slate for a new owner and a new GM.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#56 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:59 am

trwi7 wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Yes but the meaning is deeper than that.

Did he get the Canes job in shady circumstances?

Not really shady. The view from the PBP guy.

Carolina GM Jim Rutherford was in Charlotte. That wasn’t necessarily a big deal; Charlotte is his AHL affiliate.

Milwaukee played well Saturday in a 3-2 loss to the Checkers. Sunday’s game was a different story. The Admirals played a very poor first period en route to a 5-1 loss.

After the game, I packed up my equipment and got on the bus. I was alone on the bus about 20 minutes. The team always eats a postgame meal at the arena when we’re on the road, so nobody else was there. Assistant coach Ian Herbers was the next person on the bus. He and I were alone for about 10 minutes and we chatted about the game.

The team started to trickle out along with Muller. Kirk stayed in the parking lot to talk on the phone with someone. That is a common occurrence, so there was no red flag.

We finally headed to the airport and through security. When we got to the gate, Kirk was on the phone again. He was trying to find a private place to talk. Again, that’s not a big deal.

Herbers came up to me after a while and asked if Kirk was going to be on the next night’s Milwaukee Admirals Center Ice radio show. I told Ian I hadn’t asked but it was the plan. Ian said he would do it. I told him I appreciated that but Kirk hadn’t been on in a while. Ian reiterated he was doing the show because, in Ian’s dry humor, “Kirk doesn’t like you guys.” I laughed. Still, I thought Kirk should be on the show, so I was going to talk to him. Alas, he was still on the phone.

He was on the phone nearly four hours while we waited to board the plane back to Chicago.

After we landed at O’Hare, I spotted Kirk standing outside the bus. I approached him and he said to me, “Tough game, huh?” We spoke briefly about what was bad and what he liked from the game. By then, everyone else had boarded the bus. I didn’t get the chance to ask him about the show. I decided I would let it go.

As we travelled back to Milwaukee, there were some hushed conversations at the front of the bus. When we arrived at the stop, Kirk stood up and said, “Meeting at 10:45 tomorrow. We’re on the ice at noon.” Then, Doug Agnew shook Kirk’s hand.

The team found out the next morning when some saw the “rumor” on Twitter. When they arrived at the Bradley Center, Ian told them what happened and stressed the reason the players and coaches are in Milwaukee is to make it to the NHL. This was Muller’s chance.

I knew something was up fairly early in the process. When he was on the phone as long as he was, I knew he was gone. When Ian was adamant he was doing the radio show, it cemented my feeling. I just didn’t know the team. We had heard Washington was making a change, so I thought the Dale Hunter rumor was just that, a rumor, and Kirk was getting the job. It was Monday morning we found out it was Carolina.

Well, he's no Tommy Tuberville, but that ain't great.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#57 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:59 am

Charles F. Gardner will report this after the next game when he does not see Skiles' name in the box score while writing his "box score Bucks summary" that is so valuable to the Bucks/JS.

"Henson shot 4 for 8 tonight. Bucks shot 34% in the 2nd quarter. Scott Skiles was not on the Bucks sideline according to the box score/recap on espn.com."
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#58 » by LittleRooster » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:00 am

ComeBackRay34 wrote:1. New Owner
2. Fire Hammond
3. Fire Skiles
4. Trade Monta Ella

Bucks finally getting on that checklist of things to do to become respectable organization. We 1/4 of the way there gentlemen!
:rockon:

Give me more TOBES!

:lol:
xTitan
RealGM

Post#59 » by xTitan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:01 am

Gery Woelfel ‏@GeryWoelfel
Boylan will coach the rest of the season.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#60 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:01 am

Gery Woelfel @GeryWoelfel

Boylan will coach the rest of the season.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks