ImageImage

BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
worthlessBucks
RealGM
Posts: 17,147
And1: 1,448
Joined: Jan 26, 2005
Location: Sam Hinkie..O Captain My Captain
   

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#331 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:58 pm

DrugBust wrote:If you're looking for the definitive national media piece on this team, Zach Lowe at Grantland nails it.

Spot on.
"When I get the call from the commissioner and get a call from an owner asking, pleading for some help, you know it kind of got my attention," Colangelo said.
Sam Hinkie is a Golden God. True RealGM. TANK 76!
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 26,828
And1: 6,312
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
     

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#332 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:13 pm

keithmad42 wrote:I think he hated the Ellis deal


He allowed it to happen. It also got rid of Bogut. Skiles can put blame on himself for the roster that he helped build.
trwi7 wrote:AussieBuck is rock hard and sporting 5 inches. The maximum allowable length of an Australian erection.
User avatar
SugarRay34
Veteran
Posts: 2,899
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
Location: cappingthegame.com

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#333 » by SugarRay34 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:19 pm

I dont care how the rest of the season turns out. Best case scenario, this gives us a spark getting rid of the dictator Skiles and guys just play and we end up with the 6th seed playing Atlanta. Worst case we barely miss the playoffs and get the 15th pick in the 1st round.

All I am expecting from Boylan is a more consistent rotation that involves more Henson, more Tobias, no Daniels. Not too much to ask
User avatar
europa
RealGM
Posts: 44,921
And1: 467
Joined: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Right Behind You

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#334 » by europa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:32 pm

Lowe sure seems quite enamored with the coaching wizardry of a guy whose offenses have generally stunk everywhere he's been.
Nothing will not break me.
randy84
RealGM
Posts: 15,589
And1: 1,760
Joined: Jul 01, 2006

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#335 » by randy84 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:37 pm

Have any of the insiders heard that it was Skiles that quit?

The rumor is that Skiles came to Hammond yesterday and said he wanted out and that it took all day for Kohl to OK it.

Anyone else hear this?
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 46,251
And1: 2,479
Joined: Jun 27, 2005

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#336 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:38 pm

europa wrote:
N8Frog wrote:
europa wrote:First Boylan change - Ilyasova will start at PF tonight.


Ersan doesn't seem mentally tough, so the coaching change may be good for him.


Agreed. Ilyasova's a bit of a delicate flower. I'm guessing he's not bummed to see Skiles gone.


Or he realizes that spacing is kind of important.
User avatar
europa
RealGM
Posts: 44,921
And1: 467
Joined: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Right Behind You

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#337 » by europa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:40 pm

Ayt wrote:
europa wrote:Agreed. Ilyasova's a bit of a delicate flower. I'm guessing he's not bummed to see Skiles gone.


Or he realizes that spacing is kind of important.


By "he" are you referring to Ilyasova or Boylan?
Nothing will not break me.
User avatar
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
Posts: 17,414
And1: 2,811
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#338 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:58 pm

I wonder how long Bogut was laughing when he heard about this news today.
User avatar
jakecronus8
General Manager
Posts: 8,310
And1: 1,798
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#339 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:08 am

europa wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Did he want to be here?

"That's a question it's not easy to answer," Skiles said. "Absolutely (he was committed). That's the absolute bare minimum I owe the franchise."



Try to hold back your enthusiasm Scott.


New slogans: Where the absolute bare minimum happens.

Be the absolute bare minimum.

Your ticket to the absolute bare minimum.
Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
User avatar
paul
RealGM
Posts: 31,969
And1: 873
Joined: Dec 11, 2007

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#340 » by paul » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:14 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Sidenote - Where's paul been?


Retired about a month ago, got sick of being dismissed as a bitter GS fan every time someone disagreed with my opinion. Just called in when I heard the Skiles news.
User avatar
H2tObes
General Manager
Posts: 7,925
And1: 1,823
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
 

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#341 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:14 am

From the sounds of the bulls fans in this thread, Boylan is even worse then Skiles, but he was pretty good with giving the young players some burn. That's great for us because our young guys will get PT hopefully, and we can end up with a decent draft pick.
Jabarles Parkley
Epicurus
RealGM
Posts: 13,530
And1: 140
Joined: Jan 25, 2006

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#342 » by Epicurus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:15 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I wonder how long Bogut was laughing when he heard about this news today.

Won't laughter cause another injury?
User avatar
europa
RealGM
Posts: 44,921
And1: 467
Joined: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Right Behind You

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#343 » by europa » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:15 am

paul wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Sidenote - Where's paul been?


Retired about a month ago, got sick of being dismissed as a bitter GS fan every time someone disagreed with my opinion. Just called in when I heard the Skiles news.


BogutLover
Nothing will not break me.
User avatar
paul
RealGM
Posts: 31,969
And1: 873
Joined: Dec 11, 2007

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#344 » by paul » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:18 am

europa wrote:
paul wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Sidenote - Where's paul been?


Retired about a month ago, got sick of being dismissed as a bitter GS fan every time someone disagreed with my opinion. Just called in when I heard the Skiles news.


BogutLover


See, told you. :D

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I wonder how long Bogut was laughing when he heard about this news today.


A breakup was definitely needed and looks like it's worked out great for him if he ever gets back on the court but I'd be interested to get his take on it - if not for Skiles I'd say 99% he's still a Buck.
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 26,828
And1: 6,312
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
     

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#345 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:23 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I wonder how long Bogut was laughing when he heard about this news today.


Was my first thought to being a Bogut fan. I wonder if he called up SJAX and had a chuckle with him too.
trwi7 wrote:AussieBuck is rock hard and sporting 5 inches. The maximum allowable length of an Australian erection.
User avatar
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,389
And1: 314
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#346 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:32 am

blazza18 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I wonder how long Bogut was laughing when he heard about this news today.


Was my first thought to being a Bogut fan. I wonder if he called up SJAX and had a chuckle with him too.



Not long, his ankle acted up when he laughed.
User avatar
H2tObes
General Manager
Posts: 7,925
And1: 1,823
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
 

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#347 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:35 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I wonder how long Bogut was laughing when he heard about this news today.


Was my first thought to being a Bogut fan. I wonder if he called up SJAX and had a chuckle with him too.



Not long, his ankle acted up when he laughed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jabarles Parkley
BuckPack
Starter
Posts: 2,178
And1: 461
Joined: May 05, 2006
Location: NY

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#348 » by BuckPack » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:52 am

randy84 wrote:Have any of the insiders heard that it was Skiles that quit?

The rumor is that Skiles came to Hammond yesterday and said he wanted out and that it took all day for Kohl to OK it.

Anyone else hear this?


Skiles sure wasn't fired.
User avatar
kebzach
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,398
And1: 11
Joined: Nov 13, 2006
Location: Illini Fan Trapped in WI

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#349 » by kebzach » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:55 am

BuckPack wrote:
randy84 wrote:Have any of the insiders heard that it was Skiles that quit?

The rumor is that Skiles came to Hammond yesterday and said he wanted out and that it took all day for Kohl to OK it.

Anyone else hear this?


Skiles sure wasn't fired.


I too heard that it wasn't a straight up firing.
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 47,234
And1: 4,606
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#350 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:09 am

Bulls fans are concerned that we are in the market now for a top lotto pick....


Red Larrivee wrote:Boylans going to giftwrap them Shabazz
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks