Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25
#76 Re: Head Coach candidates
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:48 pm by EzeDoesIt
Anyone else find it funny that Phil Jackson released his 'no intention of ever coaching again' statement the same day that our HC position opened up? Lol
- Posts: 462
- And1: 7
- Joined: May 31, 2012
#77 Re: Head Coach candidates
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:15 pm by VooDoo7
Here's what worries me. By keeping Boylan for the remainder of the season, I worry we're gonna miss out on some of these candidates. At seasons end when other teams are firing their coaches, competition for these guys is gonna be much worse.
My favorites right now are Sampson, Joerger and Shaw. Or see what Paul Mokeski is up to nowadays. F it.
- Lead Assistant
- Posts: 5,439
- And1: 1,474
- Joined: Jan 14, 2012
- Location: WI
#78 Re: Head Coach candidates
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:17 pm by DanoMac
zjl3 wrote:Here is my "wish list" for next year:
1) Brian Shaw- has lots of NBA/assistant coaching experience, somebody has to give him a shot
2) Quin Snyder - a finalist for the Bobcats position, he is very smart and has experience coaching in the NCAA, NBA, D-League, and EuroLeague. Seems very well qualified.
3) Mo Cheeks - if Terry Stotts can get three head coaching gigs, so can he
4) Jack Sikma - has been assistant coaching for a while and has had tons of success as a Bucks player
5) Avery Johnson/Sam Mitchell - both won NBA Head Coaching Awards and were decent players not too long ago (and Mitchell has Bucks ties)
6) Herb Williams - has tons of experience, why not give him a shot?
Absolutely, 100% NO to Sam Mitchell. Good Lord.
- Head Coach
- Posts: 7,346
- And1: 833
- Joined: Feb 19, 2005
- Location: Vomiting at midcourt of the Bradley Center
#79 Re: Head Coach candidates
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:42 pm by ampd
Is shaw a triangle guy? We don't really have the personnel for that if he is
- Posts: 12,695
- And1: 961
- Joined: Dec 6, 2010
#80 Re: Head Coach candidates
Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:26 am by Thunder Muscle
EzeDoesIt wrote:Anyone else find it funny that Phil Jackson released his 'no intention of ever coaching again' statement the same day that our HC position opened up? Lol
I know right. I don't think he ever cared for Milwaukee if I recall. In fact didn't he always let Frank Hamblen call the shots for the games against the Bucks? I mean Phil was on the sidelines but I thought he made the comment once that he let Hamblen do this game. And I forgot if Phil refered to us or Sacramento "cow town".
- Thunder Muscle
- Posts: 11,194
- And1: 259
- Joined: Feb 18, 2005
- Location: Wisconsin
Return to Milwaukee Bucks
Users browsing this forum: Achilleas29, ampd, B-easy, Baddy Chuck, BUCKnation, cinematographer, deaninja, Fan from Dade, Fresh_Prince12, Illmatic12, KD35Brah, Magic Giannison, mattg, Max Green, MickeyDavis, Nate Rocks, paulpressey25, Pedro Alexandre, randy84, Scoops, Willie Colon, Wonka, yanni, Zeezprah