yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Head Coach candidates

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#76 Re: Head Coach candidates
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:48 pm by EzeDoesIt

Anyone else find it funny that Phil Jackson released his 'no intention of ever coaching again' statement the same day that our HC position opened up? Lol
EzeDoesIt
Junior
And1: 7

Post#77 Re: Head Coach candidates
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:15 pm by VooDoo7

Here's what worries me. By keeping Boylan for the remainder of the season, I worry we're gonna miss out on some of these candidates. At seasons end when other teams are firing their coaches, competition for these guys is gonna be much worse.

My favorites right now are Sampson, Joerger and Shaw. Or see what Paul Mokeski is up to nowadays. F it.
VooDoo7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,258

Post#78 Re: Head Coach candidates
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:17 pm by DanoMac

zjl3 wrote:Here is my "wish list" for next year:

1) Brian Shaw- has lots of NBA/assistant coaching experience, somebody has to give him a shot
2) Quin Snyder - a finalist for the Bobcats position, he is very smart and has experience coaching in the NCAA, NBA, D-League, and EuroLeague. Seems very well qualified.
3) Mo Cheeks - if Terry Stotts can get three head coaching gigs, so can he
4) Jack Sikma - has been assistant coaching for a while and has had tons of success as a Bucks player
5) Avery Johnson/Sam Mitchell - both won NBA Head Coaching Awards and were decent players not too long ago (and Mitchell has Bucks ties)
6) Herb Williams - has tons of experience, why not give him a shot?

Absolutely, 100% NO to Sam Mitchell. Good Lord.
DanoMac

Head Coach
And1: 715

Post#79 Re: Head Coach candidates
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:42 pm by ampd

Is shaw a triangle guy? We don't really have the personnel for that if he is
ampd
RealGM
And1: 519

Post#80 Re: Head Coach candidates
Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:26 am by Thunder Muscle

EzeDoesIt wrote:Anyone else find it funny that Phil Jackson released his 'no intention of ever coaching again' statement the same day that our HC position opened up? Lol

I know right. I don't think he ever cared for Milwaukee if I recall. In fact didn't he always let Frank Hamblen call the shots for the games against the Bucks? I mean Phil was on the sidelines but I thought he made the comment once that he let Hamblen do this game. And I forgot if Phil refered to us or Sacramento "cow town".
TBD
Thunder Muscle

RealGM
And1: 244

Previous

Return to Milwaukee Bucks