ImageImage

Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Player of the Game

Brandon Jennings
42
82%
Larry Sanders
5
10%
John Henson
4
8%
Ersan Ilyasova
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 51

User avatar
H2tObes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,632
And1: 833
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Avoiding the General Board
 

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#16 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:03 am

CanadaBucks wrote:I voted Henson but I know it's BJ. Looking at his last 4 games Henson has 48 boards in 95 minutes...........

He'll always be a great rebounder just because of his ridiculous length. Guy can grab a rebound from the top of the shotclock :lol:
BigO wrote:The analysis of talent on this board isn't very good.


BigO wrote:Knight is very, very good and getting better.
User avatar
Ill-yasova
RealGM
Posts: 11,102
And1: 1,036
Joined: Jul 13, 2006

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#17 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:06 am

Larry always seems to have a bit of trouble with the bigs who can step out and shoot the jumper. His default setting right now is to protect the rim and go for the block which often results in him leaving guys open for mid range jumpers. Gotta clean that up, but he's only getting better.

Oh and I went Jennings.
Image
User avatar
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 312
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#18 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:06 am

H2tObes wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:I voted Henson but I know it's BJ. Looking at his last 4 games Henson has 48 boards in 95 minutes...........

He'll always be a great rebounder just because of his ridiculous length. Guy can grab a rebound from the top of the shotclock :lol:

We got killed early off the glass but it ended up close.
User avatar
H2tObes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,632
And1: 833
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Avoiding the General Board
 

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#19 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:16 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:I voted Henson but I know it's BJ. Looking at his last 4 games Henson has 48 boards in 95 minutes...........

He'll always be a great rebounder just because of his ridiculous length. Guy can grab a rebound from the top of the shotclock :lol:

We got killed early off the glass but it ended up close.

Probably because Henson logged most of his minutes at the end of the game 8-)
BigO wrote:The analysis of talent on this board isn't very good.


BigO wrote:Knight is very, very good and getting better.
User avatar
verbalhologram
Senior
Posts: 595
And1: 3
Joined: Dec 11, 2009
Location: Sydney , Australia
       

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#20 » by verbalhologram » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:32 am

Had to go with Larry over BJ here purely for the energy he brings, he is keen to bring it every game and the team and our fans respond,keep it going big fella. :D
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 33,015
And1: 3,762
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Trusting in Thannies

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#21 » by emunney » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:56 pm

Henson's length/hands combination is RARE.

No doubt this is Jennings. But honorable mention to me for not bumping the draft thread. Invoking it constantly is still pretty bad though.
Mega Giannis!
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 66,793
And1: 2,056
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#22 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:56 pm

I'll gladly eat a crow buffet on Henson. He's a lot more fluid offensively than I thought. I still think he's going to need to improve his strength to improve his FG% and also work hard on his FT's if he's going to have a respectable overall efficiency, but he definitely has offensive skill. Ironically, the area he might need the most improvement right now is help defense.
Current Draft Board: 1. Towns 2. Okafor 3. Mudiay 4. Russell 5. Winslow 6. Turner 7. Hezonja 8. Porzingis 9. Kaminsky 10. Cauley-Stein 11. Oubre 12. S. Johnson 13. Looney 14. T. Jones 15. Dekker 16. Grant 17. Booker
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 33,015
And1: 3,762
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Trusting in Thannies

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#23 » by emunney » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:04 pm

Right, the irony from my perspective is that if you were to bump that thread, you'd see a bunch of stuff where I defended Henson and the types of shots he took/created for himself, and you'd probably also see me calling him an NBA ready defender. Such is life.
Mega Giannis!
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 66,793
And1: 2,056
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#24 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:08 pm

I'd say as of today, based on a really, really small sample size, he's probably 5 or 6 in a 2012 redraft. Davis, Drummond, MKG, Lillard ahead. MAYBE Barnes. Obviously way too early, just saying.
Current Draft Board: 1. Towns 2. Okafor 3. Mudiay 4. Russell 5. Winslow 6. Turner 7. Hezonja 8. Porzingis 9. Kaminsky 10. Cauley-Stein 11. Oubre 12. S. Johnson 13. Looney 14. T. Jones 15. Dekker 16. Grant 17. Booker
User avatar
ampd
RealGM
Posts: 15,197
And1: 1,544
Joined: Dec 06, 2010

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#25 » by ampd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:26 pm

I hated the Henson pick but his play over SL and in the NBA has changed my mind about him.
Serge28
RealGM
Posts: 14,453
And1: 455
Joined: Apr 30, 2002
Location: San Diego
   

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Suns (01/08) 

Post#26 » by Serge28 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Rooster returns and pads the lead:

Player of the Year

Image
Brandon Jennings: 5.5

Image
Larry Sanders: 3

Image
Monta Ellis: 2.5

Image
Ersan Ilyasova: 2

Image
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute: 1

Image
Marquis Daniels: 1

Image
Mike Dunleavy: 1

Image
Samuel Dalembert: 1
Can't wait to see the transformation in MCW's game under Kidd's tutelage in Milwaukee. I really think he's landed in a perfect situation in Milwaukee and is going to surprise a lot of people. Time will tell.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks