Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#21 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:Some lakers fans actually like the 1st one.

Where are they saying that?

Yeah, I'd do that first one and pop the champagne cork afterwards.

And award Hammond with EOW
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#22 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 am

mlloyd10 wrote:
Max Green wrote:Ersan - Daly - Gooden for Gasol

Ersan - Daly for Gasol

Ersan - Daly - Udoh for Gasol

All 3 of those trades work in the trade checker and I would do any one of those. I'd prefer to keep Beno, but if LA insists on him I would trade him and take back Duhon or Meeks.

Some lakers fans actually like the 1st one.

Oh god really? Wow.

ETA:
Sanders/Udoh
Gasol/Henson
LRMAM/Dunleavy
Ellis/Udrih
Jennings/Udrih

WOW.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#23 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:33 am

Love this when the body doesn't really agree with the headline.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-o ... ke-a-trade
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Fight the Tank » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 am

CanadaBucks wrote:Love this when the body doesn't really agree with the headline.

I'm surprised we don't have more of a thread based upon Stein's statement alone. Maybe a Packer hangover.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#25 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:47 am

Not sure I understand what is going on in LA. They say Dwight has a torn labrum but then he plays tonight and apparently plays well. Lakers beat down Cleveland.

You have to think they will deal Gasol.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#26 » by eagle13 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:58 am

Ellis & Ersan for Gasol
or
Ellis Ersan Gooden for Gasol & Duhon

then
Dalembert to ATL for Korver
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#27 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Fight the Tank wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Love this when the body doesn't really agree with the headline.

I'm surprised we don't have more of a thread based upon Stein's statement alone. Maybe a Packer hangover.

I believe the actual ESPN part of this has actually shown up in a thread already. I know I saw the not trading Jennings part somewhere.

As for Ersan, I'd maybe hang tight for the season and then assess. He actually has slowly been improving his #'s and is getting closer to his career norms. He's shooting around 38% from 3PT land, and 50% in his last 10 games. His TS% is up to around 49%, which is only 3% under this career norm. His FG% for the season is still really low at 40%, but in the last 10 games is around 47%. His rebounding is around his career norms. It just seems like he may be coming around again. I think his start was so awful we got paranoid. I'm willing to ride it out a little bit longer.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 pm

N8Frog wrote:
Fight the Tank wrote:

I believe the actual ESPN part of this has actually shown up in a thread already. I know I saw the not trading Jennings part somewhere.

As for Ersan, I'd maybe hang tight for the season and then assess. He actually has slowly been improving his #'s and is getting closer to his career norms. He's shooting around 38% from 3PT land, and 50% in his last 10 games. His TS% is up to around 49%, which is only 3% under this career norm. His FG% for the season is still really low at 40%, but in the last 10 games is around 47%. His rebounding is around his career norms. It just seems like he may be coming around again. I think his start was so awful we got paranoid. I'm willing to ride it out a little bit longer.

Not questioning whether Ers' numbers are close to career norms but is that the production you want for 8m per? With Henson emerging is he expendable? I wasn't in favour of the signing anyway sothat might be behind my wish to trade him.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#29 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Ellis for Jefferson
Udoh/filler for Mayo
Ilyasova/Daly/Gooden for Gasol

Jennings/Udrih
Mayo/Dunleavy
Luc/Dunleavy
Gasol/Henson
Sanders/Jefferson

BAM

Plus only 31M in Guarantee contracts after the season
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#30 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Udoh/filler for Mayo
I

This is the one where you are off considerably on trade values.

Mayo is averaging basically 18/4/4 on a 58% TS. And Cuban has the cap space and money to keep Mayo this offseason if he wants to.

It would take someone like Henson to get his attention for Mayo. Maybe he'd take Monta but only if he thought Monta could draw in Dwight. But I'd have to think Dwight and Paul would much rather play with Mayo than Monta.

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#31 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Not questioning whether Ers' numbers are close to career norms but is that the production you want for 8m per? With Henson emerging is he expendable? I wasn't in favour of the signing anyway sothat might be behind my wish to trade him.

Below is a sample of players of similiar players around Ersan's contract range. Looking at their career per 36 #'s, O/D ratings, etc. Ersan is the best 3PT shooter, 2nd for TS% behind Odom, 3rd in FG%, 2nd in PPG, 1st in RPG, and 2nd in Offensive Rating, and tied for second in Defensive Rating. So he appears to be in line for what he is getting paid.

And obviously this is not the end all, be all but just a sampling of how he compares to players that are getting paid around what he is. And I understand if you don't want to be paying Ersan another 4 years to be an Ariza or Charlie V like player, then I totally get wanting to trade him.

Ersan 7.9M
Ariza 7.2M
Tyrus Thomas 8.0M
Lamar Odom 8.2M
Charlie V 8.0M
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
I

Mayo is averaging basically 18/4/4 on a 58% TS. And Cuban has the cap space and money to keep Mayo this offseason if he wants to.

It would take someone like Henson to get his attention for Mayo. Maybe he'd take Monta but only if he thought Monta could draw in Dwight. But I'd have to think Dwight and Paul would much rather play with Mayo than Monta.

Not sure why Utah trades Ellis for Jefferson even disregarding value, can't see them only going with Kanter at centre.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#33 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:Not sure why Utah trades Ellis for Jefferson even disregarding value, can't see them only going with Kanter at centre.

Not saying they would do it, but I think they'd at least listen on the phone. If they had received anything top shelf for Al Jeff the last two years, they would have dealt him by now.

Jefferson is a free agent and unlike Mayo, he's pretty much established his ceiling around the league. They've got to open up playing time and cash for not only Kanter down there but Favors and Milsap. And I'm not sure a lot of others in the league view Jefferson as a guy you can win with since his defense is so poor and he demands the ball so much. He's sort of the Monta of PF's.

mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#34 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:26 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
I

I admit that he has higher value, but if they are out of it, wouldn't you trade for something and then resign him in the off season

Also, didn't you say that Udoh could get Dudley straight up. Dudley has an extremely friendly contract (probably half of what Mayo will get) and is averaging 14/4/3 per 36 on a 60% TS
BankIt
Junior
And1: 0

Post#35 » by BankIt » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Max Green wrote:Ersan - Daly - Gooden for Gasol

Ersan - Daly for Gasol

Ersan - Daly - Udoh for Gasol

All 3 of those trades work in the trade checker and I would do any one of those. I'd prefer to keep Beno, but if LA insists on him I would trade him and take back Duhon or Meeks.

Gasol is way over rated.
Too old, too slow, too injury prone and too expensive. Not even worth Udoh.
Any Laker trade offer is a non starter.
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#36 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:47 pm

The basic trade that most nets fans here and ESPN wouldn't mind involving Ersan and the Nets is Ersan/Daly for Humphries/Brooks. Would we do this?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#37 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:The basic trade that most nets fans here and ESPN wouldn't mind involving Ersan and the Nets is Ersan/Daly for Humphries/Brooks. Would we do this?

I wouldn't. I don't like either of those players.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#38 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:The basic trade that most nets fans here and ESPN wouldn't mind involving Ersan and the Nets is Ersan/Daly for Humphries/Brooks. Would we do this?

This deal makes no sense to me. We trade the best player in Ersan and take back a far inferior player in Humphries who is owed $12 million next year.

Going back to the earlier discussion on this, I'll take Humphries back in that deal if we can add in Gooden and not Dalembert.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#39 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I would probably do Gooden and Ersan for Hump/Brooks but that's about it. No team is taking on Hump without giving up some seriously bad contracts so we'd be stuck with him though.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#40 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I would probably do Gooden and Ersan for Hump/Brooks but that's about it. No team is taking on Hump without giving up some seriously bad contracts so we'd be stuck with him though.

I'd rather go the Pau route as you would also.

But if you want to clean up our contract mess, we'd unload $38 million of Ersan/Gooden future owed money for $12mm of Hump money. And get Brooks as the throw in. I'd make that deal all day long based on the money involved. $26 million extra and Brooks is easily worth the downgrade from Ersan to Humprhies.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks