Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#81 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 pm

LOL at Ilyasova for Marion.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#82 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:24 pm

LUKE23 wrote:LOL at Ilyasova for Marion.

Please explain
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#83 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 pm

There doesn't need to be any explanation. It's horrid. I swear some of you guys are so obsessed with trading you don't even think things through. You just want a deal done at all costs.

There is no huge rush to salary dump Ilyasova, and that's all the Marion deal is. Hesus Christe.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#84 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:17 pm

LUKE23 wrote:There doesn't need to be any explanation. It's horrid. I swear some of you guys are so obsessed with trading you don't even think things through. You just want a deal done at all costs.

Or maybe people see the production our 40 million dollar man is providing, coupled with the fact that he's being outplayed by a rookie and the fact that he can only play one position on the court and they want to get rid of that player?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Man Strength
Junior
And1: 44

Post#85 » by Man Strength » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:43 am

Bobcats fan here. Ersan would help solve Charlotte's biggest weakness (one of many unfortunately).

would you do http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb72h8r

Ersan for Henderson and Warrick.

Warrick has a team option on his deal, so its basically expring. Henderson could play the 2 or 3. Warick is cap filler/expiring. You would be in poll position to re-sign Henderson if you were so inclined.

any thought? There are many players on your roster I would like- all pf/c types.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#86 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 am

Man Strength wrote:Bobcats fan here. Ersan would help solve Charlotte's biggest weakness (one of many unfortunately).

Warrick has a team option on his deal, so its basically expring. Henderson could play the 2 or 3. Warick is cap filler/expiring. You would be in poll position to re-sign Henderson if you were so inclined.

any thought? There are many players on your roster I would like- all pf/c types.

Only if FSN brings back the Hakim Warrick dunk commercials from 09-10.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#87 » by Max Green » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:48 am

Man Strength wrote:Bobcats fan here. Ersan would help solve Charlotte's biggest weakness (one of many unfortunately).

I'm not as high on Ersan as most are around here, but I would decline the deal, unless you wanted to throw in the Pistons first round pick... Otherwise I would do Dalembert or Udoh for Henderson....
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Man Strength
Junior

Post#88 » by Man Strength » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 am

i wouldnt do it if i were you either. just figuring out the perception on his value. what about if we switched warrick to biyombo?

additionally, what would you want in a trade for Henson? seems a bit redundant with Sanders, Dalembert, Udoh, Mha a Moute and Gooden. Would you trade him for Portlands lottery protected 1st?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#89 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:58 am

I would do that Ersan trade rather easily.

As for Henson, no chance.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#90 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:58 am

I'd trade you guys Henson. Just give up MKG.
Man Strength
Junior

Post#91 » by Man Strength » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 am

DrugBust wrote:I'd trade you guys Henson. Just give up MKG.

figured (im a unc guy too). do you think sanders and henson can play together? pretty similar players.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#92 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 am

Man Strength wrote:

figured (im a unc guy too). do you think sanders and henson can play together? pretty similar players.

It's amazing how he's changed from college to the NBA if you haven't seen it. Henson looks amazing in the post and completely lost on defense. He's playing absolutely nothing like Larry.
Man Strength
Junior

Post#93 » by Man Strength » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:40 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Man Strength wrote:

It's amazing how he's changed from college to the NBA if you haven't seen it. Henson looks amazing in the post and completely lost on defense. He's playing absolutely nothing like Larry.

fair enough. Ive seen a bit, but cant say I watch the Bucks regularly. It will take him some time to get used to the physicality. he does project to be a defensive force though. Ive been impressed with his per minute numbers. He also has surprisingly good lateral quickness for a big man, which helps him guard the perimeter and pick n roll.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#94 » by showtimesam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Unless we are getting a Lemarcus Aldridge type upgrade we need to hold onto Ersan, give him his 30 mpg and let him play.

Ersan/Sanders/Henson should make for a great 3 man Big rotation long term assuming Henson can bulk up just a bit to handle both backup PF and Center minutes.

\
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#95 » by emunney » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Man Strength wrote:i wouldnt do it if i were you either. just figuring out the perception on his value. what about if we switched warrick to biyombo?

Then yes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#96 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:46 am

Differing twitter views on Pau tonight.

Bill Simmons thinks he's still got a lot left in the tank but that D'Antoni has halved his market value by screwing this up the way he's handling the Laker roster.

Our friend Alex Kennedy sees no market for Pau. Views him as a 32-year old on a major decline with bad knees and owed $19 million next year.

Frank Madden thinks it might still be worth rolling the dice sending them Ersan in a Pau deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#97 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Differing twitter views on Pau tonight.

Bill Simmons thinks he's still got a lot left in the tank but that D'Antoni has halved his market value by screwing this up the way he's handling the Laker roster.

Our friend Alex Kennedy sees no market for Pau. Views him as a 32-year old on a major decline with bad knees and owed $19 million next year.

Frank Madden thinks it might still be worth rolling the dice sending them Ersan in a Pau deal.

The Lakers are all about trading/signing the premier names out there. They rarely trade big names for average-unknown players. I think many fans outside of Milwaukee around the league will be saying "They traded Pau for Ersan who?"

That's one reason why I just can't see the Bucks putting together a package that could interest them.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#98 » by ampd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:53 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Differing twitter views on Pau tonight.

'
The part about DAntoni is 100% true. He has him occasionally shooting corner 3s ffs.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:19 am

Bucks F Ersan Ilyasova 'getting his groove back'.

Few days old, didn't see it posted.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 4, 2013 8:57 pm

One of the few bright spots on the team this season. He's obviously ended up being a bargain and one of the best non-rookie deals in the league.

Team leading .166 WS/48 on the season

In '13:
16.4 ppg
8.4 rpg
.582 TS%
118 ORTG
106 DRTG

Since the All-Star Break:
19.1 ppg
9.8 rpg
120 ORTG
108 DRTG

All that said, he's going to keep the Bucks from tanking. If they did decide to blow it up, he and Sanders could keep them out of high lotto territory. Both should have significant value this summer and IF they want to completely start over, I'm fine moving both for projectable assets and '14 picks. I'd struggle to come up with an answer if I were making a decision on which to keep if we did hold on to one.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks