yardbarker

Milwaukee Bucks Historical Stats (Since 1984-1985)

Player GP MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% REB AST STL BLK PTS
Glenn Robinson56821262.0472310189.4644941454.34020702550.8123518160968935012010
Michael Redd57819336.340639045.44910032619.38324252887.840233413055666611554
Ray Allen49417944.034077567.45010512587.40618162065.87922601861618969681
Terry Cummings48015386.038447935.484931.29015932269.702375811186073479290
Ricky Pierce46012057.028585536.516105343.30617492022.8651223907376797570
Sam Cassell31311010.022004705.468187558.33513521562.86612542269374425939

See all Milwaukee Bucks historical stats

Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#46 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 am by mlloyd10

Baddy Chuck wrote:I would probably do Gooden and Ersan for Hump/Brooks but that's about it. No team is taking on Hump without giving up some seriously bad contracts so we'd be stuck with him though.


What if we got both Brooks and Taylor?
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,417
And1: 65
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#47 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 am by ReasonablySober

Last 21 games he's got a TS% of .558, and offensive rating of 117 and defensive rating of 103. 23 mpg. 2nd to Dunleavy Jr. on the season for plus/minus. Per 100 possessions, they're currently 8.4 points better with him on the court, also 2nd to Dunleavy.
ReasonablySober



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 53,384
And1: 842
Joined: Dec 1, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Top

Post#48 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:15 am by LUKE23

I see zero reason to seek out an Ilyasova deal. That doesn't mean I wouldn't listen to offers if we're getting assets back. But I don't feel the need to salary dump him whatsoever.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all


#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 63,429
And1: 589
Joined: May 25, 2005
Location: Stunville
Top

Post#49 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 am by EastSideBucksFan

LUKE23 wrote:I see zero reason to seek out an Ilyasova deal. That doesn't mean I wouldn't listen to offers if we're getting assets back. But I don't feel the need to salary dump him whatsoever.



Agreed.
"Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?" - Barkley on the 2005 Clippers

http://www.twitter.com/brewcitypaul
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,999
And1: 761
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Top

Post#50 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 am by LedZepp007

I don't think we should, but if we want a win now team, definitely trade illy and dally for gasol. That brings us scoring punch in the starting lineup. Pair him with sanders an our defense doesn't suck. Gives Jennings and Monta the option for a real pick and roll.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
LedZepp007
Starter
Posts: 2,425
And1: 172
Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Top

Post#51 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 am by ReasonablySober

There isn't anyone I wouldn't trade if it makes the team better in the long term. But that's a tough sell with Ersan given he's locked up and a productive. I like that we have another PF on the roster that's looked like he could be legit, but even if that's the case, a 3rd big man for $8 million is a nice option to have, particularly one that is so good on offense.
ReasonablySober



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 53,384
And1: 842
Joined: Dec 1, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Top

Post#52 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 am by paulpressey25

LUKE23 wrote:I see zero reason to seek out an Ilyasova deal. That doesn't mean I wouldn't listen to offers if we're getting assets back. But I don't feel the need to salary dump him whatsoever.


No, I wouldn't salary dump him.

But I go back to what John Hammond says in interviews (but doesn't practice in real life). That being for the Bucks to build a winning team without a superstar, they need good players on good contracts. He said those are real assets for a team like the Bucks (and the Pistons of old).

He would always cite Ersan under his prior contract as his best example. Good player. Good contract. Strong positive asset.

So the question is, at $8 million a year, do we still have that situation? I don't think we do. If Ersan came out and grabbed the starting PF position by the balls and was averaging 15/8, I'd say unequivocally yes. But he didn't.

In the meantime we've got Henson on a rookie scale contract showing all kinds of promise at PF and he'll need minutes if we want to get the most from that asset.

I don't want to dump Ersan. But I'm also swayed by the Dan Gadzuric situation. In February of 2006 at the deadline we were presented with a deal to send him to Phoenix for a modest package that GAD can recite. That package would have allowed us to shed about $28 million we still owed Gadz. But we declined.

I understand Ersan is not Gadz. But I also know that if Ersan is not able to carve out a strong role on this team by year's end, that contract starts to become much harder to move. At this point I do not know what the league thinks of him and where his value is at. I know what it will be though come June if he remains a 10/6 player who gets about 25mpg.
paulpressey25



Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
User avatar
Posts: 41,022
And1: 918
Joined: Oct 26, 2002
Top

Post#53 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:12 am by LUKE23

I think he should be evaluated on his per minute production and efficiency and not his raw averages, personally. The frontcourt is really deep, so it's not going to make sense for him to play 30 minutes+ per game on many nights. Personally I think he's a good fit with the current frontcourt.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all


#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 63,429
And1: 589
Joined: May 25, 2005
Location: Stunville
Top

Post#54 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 am by ReasonablySober

If he's a 10/6 player at 26 minutes with crazy efficiency and the Bucks are much better with him on the court, they would be dumb to move him unless they're getting an obvious all-star in return.

The Bucks have seven guys who could play the PF position right now. If you want to whittle that down, I've seen people here argue we should see LRMAM, Ersan, Udoh and Henson. If you want to go further, I think the best rotation is Ersan, Henson and that's it.

He's been getting 26 minutes a night since Boylan took over. Given the current front court situation I think that's pretty close to perfect.
ReasonablySober



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 53,384
And1: 842
Joined: Dec 1, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Top

Post#55 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 pm by paulpressey25

LUKE23 wrote:I think he should be evaluated on his per minute production and efficiency and not his raw averages, personally. The frontcourt is really deep, so it's not going to make sense for him to play 30 minutes+ per game on many nights. Personally I think he's a good fit with the current frontcourt.


I think he's a good fit also. But again you come back to the question of is he a player that can play 35mpg as a starter regardless of the other four guys he's on the court with? I think he's being paid starter dollars.

Again, no way do I dump him in a salary dump but if the move is neutral for on-court and better financially, I'd pull the trigger.
paulpressey25



Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
User avatar
Posts: 41,022
And1: 918
Joined: Oct 26, 2002
Top

Post#56 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 pm by mlloyd10

DrugBust wrote:Last 21 games he's got a TS% of .558, and offensive rating of 117 and defensive rating of 103. 23 mpg. 2nd to Dunleavy Jr. on the season for plus/minus. Per 100 possessions, they're currently 8.4 points better with him on the court, also 2nd to Dunleavy.


Just curious, how do you get the TS% over a span of time?
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,417
And1: 65
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#57 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 pm by ReasonablySober

mlloyd10 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Last 21 games he's got a TS% of .558, and offensive rating of 117 and defensive rating of 103. 23 mpg. 2nd to Dunleavy Jr. on the season for plus/minus. Per 100 possessions, they're currently 8.4 points better with him on the court, also 2nd to Dunleavy.


Just curious, how do you get the TS% over a span of time?


Basketball reference player logs, switch to advanced game logs, select the start and end dates.
ReasonablySober



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 53,384
And1: 842
Joined: Dec 1, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Top

Post#58 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 pm by mlloyd10

DrugBust wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Last 21 games he's got a TS% of .558, and offensive rating of 117 and defensive rating of 103. 23 mpg. 2nd to Dunleavy Jr. on the season for plus/minus. Per 100 possessions, they're currently 8.4 points better with him on the court, also 2nd to Dunleavy.


Just curious, how do you get the TS% over a span of time?


Basketball reference player logs, switch to advanced game logs, select the start and end dates.


Thanks
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,417
And1: 65
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#59 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 pm by step3profit

paulpressey25 wrote:I think he's a good fit also. But again you come back to the question of is he a player that can play 35mpg as a starter regardless of the other four guys he's on the court with? I think he's being paid starter dollars.



Bear in mind that there's only 35 guys in the league averaging => 35 MPG, and only 80 averaging >= 30 MPG.

His contract is very reasonable by NBA standards even if he's only playing 25 MPG, as long as it's a good 25 MPG.
Please Hammond, don't hurt 'em.
step3profit
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,401
And1: 140
Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Top

Post#60 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 pm by paulpressey25

step3profit wrote:
Bear in mind that there's only 35 guys in the league averaging => 35 MPG, and only 80 averaging >= 30 MPG.

His contract is very reasonable by NBA standards even if he's only playing 25 MPG, as long as it's a good 25 MPG.


Understood. I'm not tied to a specific minute subset but more to the idea that he's the clear cut starter and likely finisher out there. And that his production isn't tied to what type of other players are around him.

He's done well in certain Laker games pre-Dwight. Will be interesting to see him tonight.
paulpressey25



Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
User avatar
Posts: 41,022
And1: 918
Joined: Oct 26, 2002
Top

Post#61 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 pm by mlloyd10

DrugBust wrote:If he's a 10/6 player at 26 minutes with crazy efficiency and the Bucks are much better with him on the court, they would be dumb to move him unless they're getting an obvious all-star in return.

The Bucks have seven guys who could play the PF position right now. If you want to whittle that down, I've seen people here argue we should see LRMAM, Ersan, Udoh and Henson. If you want to go further, I think the best rotation is Ersan, Henson and that's it.

He's been getting 26 minutes a night since Boylan took over. Given the current front court situation I think that's pretty close to perfect.


Exactly - Im fine with Ersan getting 28 mins and Henson getting 20
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,417
And1: 65
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#62 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 pm by Baddy Chuck

The problem I have with Ersan is he is not this advanced stat machine consistently. He's 10 and 5 in 20 minutes some games and looks solid, he's 4-14 some games and can't throw the ball into an ocean, he looks like the Ersan of last season some games, he's 1-5 and completely invisible on the court some games. Last season Ersan played with much higher efficiency, with much more consistency, with a much bigger role. I mean even if you cut X amount of games from the start of the season, he still had a quite a few games like that throughout this season, he just strung those bad games together rather then sporadically like happened after. He has shaky confidence in his game and it shows on the court quite often. He just isn't close to the guy I thought we'd be getting for $8 million a year.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 25,434
And1: 1,073
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#63 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:31 pm by mlloyd10

Baddy Chuck wrote:The problem I have with Ersan is he is not this advanced stat machine consistently. He's 10 and 5 in 20 minutes some games and looks solid, he's 4-14 some games and can't throw the ball into an ocean, he looks like the Ersan of last season some games, he's 1-5 and completely invisible on the court some games. Last season Ersan played with much higher efficiency, with much more consistency, with a much bigger role. I mean even if you cut X amount of games from the start of the season, he still had a quite a few games like that throughout this season, he just strung those bad games together rather then sporadically like happened after. He has shaky confidence in his game and it shows on the court quite often. He just isn't close to the guy I thought we'd be getting for $8 million a year.


I believe that was due to skiles. If he messed up, he would pull him and not play him much anymore
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,417
And1: 65
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#64 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 pm by Baddy Chuck

mlloyd10 wrote:I believe that was due to skiles. If he messed up, he would pull him and not play him much anymore

And maybe he rebounds, but his four games under Boylan where he's started and got consistent minutes he's been the same person.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 25,434
And1: 1,073
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#65 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 am by mlloyd10

ESPN insider trade suggestion

Bucks trade Ilyasova for Marion


Ilyasova's struggling this season after signing a big deal during the summer ($7.9 million guaranteed through each of the next three seasons), and Milwaukee's feeling some buyer's regret. However, sitting on the fringe of playoff contention, Marion's defense and savvy could elevate the Bucks past the seventh or eighth seed.

For Dallas, Ilyasova is nine years younger and three inches taller than Marion, a rugged rebounder who's rare in that he can also step out and shoot the jumper. For a team that ranks last in the NBA in rebound rate -- the Mavs pull down just 47.6 percent of missed shots -- this is exactly the type of skill set they could use.
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,417
And1: 65
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ACGB, Baddy Chuck, FrieAaron, jimmybones, Max Green, Touchpass