ImageImage

Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 44,510
And1: 3,009
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#76 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Dallas has no problem taking back Ersan's contract. They literally have only two players under contract for next year, Dirk and Marion. That's it. More than enough money for the max offers to at least two guys.

I'd just be curious to see Marion here. He'd juice things up a bit for us if we want a playoff run.


but where does he play? Off the bench behind Dirk?


I think he could play some center alongside Dirk. They can both go inside outside and cause some matchup issues. And we've seen Ersan do well when he's the man under the hoop. Plus Ersan is the spacer to help lure Diwght in the off season.

I'm not seeing any huge benefit for Dallas other than Cuban may want to collect some assets right now, even if they aren't home runs. And he's not giving up anything for him. Marion has zero value for most teams right now.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
Badgerlander
RealGM
Posts: 13,934
And1: 1,812
Joined: Jun 29, 2007

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#77 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

emunney wrote:Marion was my favorite player in the league around 8 years ago. LRMAM-esque defender with the jumper to play the 3 and the rebounding to play the 4. True multi-position stud.

Now he's just a guy. I don't think he'd juice us up.


Agree with you there. Marion can still hit the 3 but Moute is a better defender. In the end we are adding more mediocre depth and pushing the coach into bigger rotations while sliding Harris to 3rd on the depth chart.

I keep forgetting Moute is on the team.
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 44,510
And1: 3,009
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#78 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:12 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
I keep forgetting Moute is on the team.


I do as well. Don't want to trade him, but I still believe he'd garner a high price from a contender.

For those of you that watch OKC a lot, could Moute garner that Raptors pick from them? Or Lamb?

I know some on here would laugh. But if you've got Moute to guard LeBron or Wade in the Finals, that's the type of thing that is easily worth it to OKC versus some future asset.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
Badgerlander
RealGM
Posts: 13,934
And1: 1,812
Joined: Jun 29, 2007

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#79 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:44 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:
I keep forgetting Moute is on the team.


I do as well. Don't want to trade him, but I still believe he'd garner a high price from a contender.

For those of you that watch OKC a lot, could Moute garner that Raptors pick from them? Or Lamb?

I know some on here would laugh. But if you've got Moute to guard LeBron or Wade in the Finals, that's the type of thing that is easily worth it to OKC versus some future asset.


I think that you are in the right value range and definitely on the right track. My guess is that they counter with Thabo+Perry Jones and I probably wouldn't take that deal.
User avatar
mlloyd10
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,577
And1: 246
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
     

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#80 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 pm

I like the idea of getting lamb for Moute, but you need to include a 3rd team to make salaries work. 1 trade that i came up with was:

Suns get: Perkins/Raptors pick
Thunder get: Gortat/Moute
Bucks get: Lamb

The suns then would have potentially 3 lottery picks then
KOHL MUST GO
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 66,407
And1: 1,956
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#81 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 pm

LOL at Ilyasova for Marion.
Trade Impact:

Before: 30-23, 104.4 O, 102.2 D, 93.9 Pace, 1.42 SRS, .547 TS, .154 TOV
Now: 36-36, 102.8 O, 102.4 D, 93.8 Pace, -.16 SRS, .537 TS, .156 TOV
MCW Per 36 w/MIL: 15.9 PTS, 4.2 REB, 6.5 AST, 2.2 STL, 3.9 TO, .482 TS, .257 USG, .188 TOV
User avatar
mlloyd10
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,577
And1: 246
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
     

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#82 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:24 pm

LUKE23 wrote:LOL at Ilyasova for Marion.



Please explain
KOHL MUST GO
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 66,407
And1: 1,956
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#83 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 pm

There doesn't need to be any explanation. It's horrid. I swear some of you guys are so obsessed with trading you don't even think things through. You just want a deal done at all costs.

There is no huge rush to salary dump Ilyasova, and that's all the Marion deal is. Hesus Christe.
Trade Impact:

Before: 30-23, 104.4 O, 102.2 D, 93.9 Pace, 1.42 SRS, .547 TS, .154 TOV
Now: 36-36, 102.8 O, 102.4 D, 93.8 Pace, -.16 SRS, .537 TS, .156 TOV
MCW Per 36 w/MIL: 15.9 PTS, 4.2 REB, 6.5 AST, 2.2 STL, 3.9 TO, .482 TS, .257 USG, .188 TOV
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 29,161
And1: 3,501
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#84 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:17 pm

LUKE23 wrote:There doesn't need to be any explanation. It's horrid. I swear some of you guys are so obsessed with trading you don't even think things through. You just want a deal done at all costs.

Or maybe people see the production our 40 million dollar man is providing, coupled with the fact that he's being outplayed by a rookie and the fact that he can only play one position on the court and they want to get rid of that player?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Man Strength
Sophomore
Posts: 229
And1: 30
Joined: Dec 12, 2012

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#85 » by Man Strength » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:43 am

Bobcats fan here. Ersan would help solve Charlotte's biggest weakness (one of many unfortunately).

would you do http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb72h8r

Ersan for Henderson and Warrick.

Warrick has a team option on his deal, so its basically expring. Henderson could play the 2 or 3. Warick is cap filler/expiring. You would be in poll position to re-sign Henderson if you were so inclined.

any thought? There are many players on your roster I would like- all pf/c types.
User avatar
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 11,752
And1: 344
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
       

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#86 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 am

Man Strength wrote:Bobcats fan here. Ersan would help solve Charlotte's biggest weakness (one of many unfortunately).

would you do http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb72h8r

Ersan for Henderson and Warrick.

Warrick has a team option on his deal, so its basically expring. Henderson could play the 2 or 3. Warick is cap filler/expiring. You would be in poll position to re-sign Henderson if you were so inclined.

any thought? There are many players on your roster I would like- all pf/c types.


Only if FSN brings back the Hakim Warrick dunk commercials from 09-10.
TBD
User avatar
Max Green
RealGM
Posts: 11,551
And1: 1,212
Joined: Jul 04, 2007
Location: Optimist Ave.
 

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#87 » by Max Green » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:48 am

Man Strength wrote:Bobcats fan here. Ersan would help solve Charlotte's biggest weakness (one of many unfortunately).

would you do http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb72h8r

Ersan for Henderson and Warrick.

Warrick has a team option on his deal, so its basically expring. Henderson could play the 2 or 3. Warick is cap filler/expiring. You would be in poll position to re-sign Henderson if you were so inclined.

any thought? There are many players on your roster I would like- all pf/c types.


I'm not as high on Ersan as most are around here, but I would decline the deal, unless you wanted to throw in the Pistons first round pick... Otherwise I would do Dalembert or Udoh for Henderson....
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#TeamMCW
#OwnTheTank
Man Strength
Sophomore
Posts: 229
And1: 30
Joined: Dec 12, 2012

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#88 » by Man Strength » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 am

i wouldnt do it if i were you either. just figuring out the perception on his value. what about if we switched warrick to biyombo?

additionally, what would you want in a trade for Henson? seems a bit redundant with Sanders, Dalembert, Udoh, Mha a Moute and Gooden. Would you trade him for Portlands lottery protected 1st?
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 29,161
And1: 3,501
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#89 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:58 am

I would do that Ersan trade rather easily.

As for Henson, no chance.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
ReasonablySober
RealGM
Posts: 57,016
And1: 3,276
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#90 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:58 am

I'd trade you guys Henson. Just give up MKG.
Man Strength
Sophomore
Posts: 229
And1: 30
Joined: Dec 12, 2012

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#91 » by Man Strength » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 am

DrugBust wrote:I'd trade you guys Henson. Just give up MKG.


figured (im a unc guy too). do you think sanders and henson can play together? pretty similar players.
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 29,161
And1: 3,501
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#92 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 am

Man Strength wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I'd trade you guys Henson. Just give up MKG.


figured (im a unc guy too). do you think sanders and henson can play together? pretty similar players.

It's amazing how he's changed from college to the NBA if you haven't seen it. Henson looks amazing in the post and completely lost on defense. He's playing absolutely nothing like Larry.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Man Strength
Sophomore
Posts: 229
And1: 30
Joined: Dec 12, 2012

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#93 » by Man Strength » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:40 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Man Strength wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I'd trade you guys Henson. Just give up MKG.


figured (im a unc guy too). do you think sanders and henson can play together? pretty similar players.

It's amazing how he's changed from college to the NBA if you haven't seen it. Henson looks amazing in the post and completely lost on defense. He's playing absolutely nothing like Larry.


fair enough. Ive seen a bit, but cant say I watch the Bucks regularly. It will take him some time to get used to the physicality. he does project to be a defensive force though. Ive been impressed with his per minute numbers. He also has surprisingly good lateral quickness for a big man, which helps him guard the perimeter and pick n roll.
showtimesam
Veteran
Posts: 2,709
And1: 8
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#94 » by showtimesam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Unless we are getting a Lemarcus Aldridge type upgrade we need to hold onto Ersan, give him his 30 mpg and let him play.

Ersan/Sanders/Henson should make for a great 3 man Big rotation long term assuming Henson can bulk up just a bit to handle both backup PF and Center minutes.

\
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 32,228
And1: 3,380
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Trusting in Thannies

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#95 » by emunney » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Man Strength wrote:i wouldnt do it if i were you either. just figuring out the perception on his value. what about if we switched warrick to biyombo?


Then yes.
Mega Giannis!
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks