4Mar 03, 2014Ersan IlyasovaPF30:0613142234502131
5Apr 16, 2014Brandon KnightPG39:4312183644740031
6Jan 22, 2014Caron ButlerSF32:29122121044751130

See all Milwaukee Bucks individual game leaders

Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#91 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 am by Man Strength

DrugBust wrote:I'd trade you guys Henson. Just give up MKG.

figured (im a unc guy too). do you think sanders and henson can play together? pretty similar players.
Man Strength
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#92 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 am by Baddy Chuck

Man Strength wrote:

figured (im a unc guy too). do you think sanders and henson can play together? pretty similar players.

It's amazing how he's changed from college to the NBA if you haven't seen it. Henson looks amazing in the post and completely lost on defense. He's playing absolutely nothing like Larry.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 1,071

Post#93 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am by Man Strength

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Man Strength wrote:

It's amazing how he's changed from college to the NBA if you haven't seen it. Henson looks amazing in the post and completely lost on defense. He's playing absolutely nothing like Larry.

fair enough. Ive seen a bit, but cant say I watch the Bucks regularly. It will take him some time to get used to the physicality. he does project to be a defensive force though. Ive been impressed with his per minute numbers. He also has surprisingly good lateral quickness for a big man, which helps him guard the perimeter and pick n roll.
Man Strength
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#94 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:49 pm by showtimesam

Unless we are getting a Lemarcus Aldridge type upgrade we need to hold onto Ersan, give him his 30 mpg and let him play.

Ersan/Sanders/Henson should make for a great 3 man Big rotation long term assuming Henson can bulk up just a bit to handle both backup PF and Center minutes.

\
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#95 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:27 pm by emunney

Man Strength wrote:i wouldnt do it if i were you either. just figuring out the perception on his value. what about if we switched warrick to biyombo?

Then yes.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 845

Post#96 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:46 pm by paulpressey25

Differing twitter views on Pau tonight.

Bill Simmons thinks he's still got a lot left in the tank but that D'Antoni has halved his market value by screwing this up the way he's handling the Laker roster.

Our friend Alex Kennedy sees no market for Pau. Views him as a 32-year old on a major decline with bad knees and owed $19 million next year.

Frank Madden thinks it might still be worth rolling the dice sending them Ersan in a Pau deal.
paulpressey25

Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 908

Post#97 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 pm by SkilesTheLimit

paulpressey25 wrote:Differing twitter views on Pau tonight.

Bill Simmons thinks he's still got a lot left in the tank but that D'Antoni has halved his market value by screwing this up the way he's handling the Laker roster.

Our friend Alex Kennedy sees no market for Pau. Views him as a 32-year old on a major decline with bad knees and owed $19 million next year.

Frank Madden thinks it might still be worth rolling the dice sending them Ersan in a Pau deal.

The Lakers are all about trading/signing the premier names out there. They rarely trade big names for average-unknown players. I think many fans outside of Milwaukee around the league will be saying "They traded Pau for Ersan who?"

That's one reason why I just can't see the Bucks putting together a package that could interest them.
DukeH wrote:What I see going on here is that the FO farted on your soup and no one wants to stop talking about it even though we have a brand new bowl of soup in front of us.
SkilesTheLimit

Analyst
And1: 249

Post#98 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 pm by ampd

paulpressey25 wrote:Differing twitter views on Pau tonight.

'
The part about DAntoni is 100% true. He has him occasionally shooting corner 3s ffs.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 367

Post#99 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:19 pm by ReasonablySober

Bucks F Ersan Ilyasova 'getting his groove back'.

Few days old, didn't see it posted.
ReasonablySober

RealGM
And1: 839

Post#100 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Thu Apr 4, 2013 3:57 pm by ReasonablySober

One of the few bright spots on the team this season. He's obviously ended up being a bargain and one of the best non-rookie deals in the league.

Team leading .166 WS/48 on the season

In '13:
16.4 ppg
8.4 rpg
.582 TS%
118 ORTG
106 DRTG

Since the All-Star Break:
19.1 ppg
9.8 rpg
120 ORTG
108 DRTG

All that said, he's going to keep the Bucks from tanking. If they did decide to blow it up, he and Sanders could keep them out of high lotto territory. Both should have significant value this summer and IF they want to completely start over, I'm fine moving both for projectable assets and '14 picks. I'd struggle to come up with an answer if I were making a decision on which to keep if we did hold on to one.
ReasonablySober

RealGM

Post#101 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Thu Apr 4, 2013 4:14 pm by LUKE23

Sanders and it isn't close if I had to keep one, but I'd agree Ilyasova is our second best player pretty clearly.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all

#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 589

Post#102 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Thu Apr 4, 2013 4:19 pm by coolhandluke121

DrugBust wrote:
All that said, he's going to keep the Bucks from tanking. If they did decide to blow it up, he and Sanders could keep them out of high lotto territory. Both should have significant value this summer and IF they want to completely start over, I'm fine moving both for projectable assets and '14 picks. I'd struggle to come up with an answer if I were making a decision on which to keep if we did hold on to one.

This is the problem with the Bucks and with the Eastern conference in general. It doesn't take superstar talent to keep you from competing for top picks. In the West, you can have a guy like Love or Durant before his prime and you'll still get a few more top picks for a few years. You can put together a good core, even if you miss on one or two of your top draft picks. In the East, if you draft one all-star, or two borderline all-stars, it's not long before you're already too good to tank. You want to keep players like Ersan and Sanders (or, a few years ago, Bogut) but just that alone makes you too good tank - even if you trade a lot of vets and sit your best players with bogus injuries for the last 2 months. The true tanking teams are doing all those things, but without the quality players like Sanders and Ersan, who give you a 4 or 5 game disadvantage when it comes to competing for draft picks.

I hate to say it, but if the Bucks really want to rebuild they would have to consider trading Sanders and Ersan for good draft picks and get their own good draft picks as well. I know it's counter-intuitive to trade good young players when you're trying to rebuild, but the fact is that it's going to be very hard to compete for good picks with Sanders and Ersan on the team, and it's going to be very hard to build a good team around them because you don't have that much else in the way of highly desirable assets.

I'm usually the first guy to call for a rebuild, but I'd like to keep Ersan and Sanders and see what can be done to get a good team - even if there is no real chance of getting a superstar. If Ellis and Redick play to career norms, rather than playing the way they both did when they first got traded to Milwaukee, and if Jennings is traded for a servicable pro, and if LRMAM gets healthy and they get a coach who helps players play to their strengths, I could still see this being a good team.
When you're spinning your wheels in mud, sometimes you have to put the car in reverse. If you refuse to do so on principle, you're an idiot.
coolhandluke121
Assistant Coach
And1: 74

Post#103 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Thu Apr 4, 2013 5:05 pm by ReasonablySober

LUKE23 wrote:Sanders and it isn't close if I had to keep one, but I'd agree Ilyasova is our second best player pretty clearly.

I probably would too. Bigger impact, we have Henson.

Only thing that would give me pause is

1 - If my goal is to tank for a star player, I want losses and Sanders is probably going to get us more wins.

2 - Sanders isn't locked up long term yet, could get a monster deal, while Ersan is a bargain

3 - Sanders' technical foul issue. He's approaching Sheed territory without all the talent.

Like I said, I'd still probably take Sanders given all that, but my preference would be to move them both.
ReasonablySober

RealGM

Post#104 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Thu Apr 4, 2013 6:24 pm by paulpressey25

I'm still not swayed that Ersan is as good as his recent numbers suggest. Primarily defensively. That said, he's now worked his way into being a sweet tradeable asset.

I think you could aim high for assets like Bledsoe in the off-season depending on what happens with the Clips. Looking at the lotto teams, maybe Grunfeld considers giving up the current #10 pick for him which might pull you Oladipo.

But given that he likes it in Milwaukee and is producing very well for his contract I can't see the Bucks dealing him at all.
paulpressey25

Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 908

Post#105 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Thu Apr 4, 2013 9:35 pm by gbmb34

2 positions down. 3 to go.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
gbmb34

Senior
And1: 7

Post#106 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Thu Apr 4, 2013 10:00 pm by ampd

paulpressey25 wrote:But given that he likes it in Milwaukee and is producing very well for his contract I can't see the Bucks dealing him at all.

Ersan has been flat out awesome the past 2 seasons when his minutes haven't been in constant flux. He seems to have developed some chemistry with Monta and has even gotten more aggressive in the post and driving to the basket.

We finally signed someone to what looks like at least a fair contract, if not a favorable one, I'd rather not dump him for a prospect unless we are going full on tank
ampd
RealGM
And1: 367

Post#107 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Thu Apr 4, 2013 11:57 pm by linguini8

Not sure why so many people are For giving up on Ersan. He's on a good contract and fits well with Larry. He has heart and always plays with great effort. Those are the kinds of players you need on a rebuilding team. You need your signed veterans playing their hardest and showing how it's done. Example A of why NOT to re-sign Brandon Jennings.
linguini8
Junior
And1: 10

Post#108 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Fri Apr 5, 2013 2:37 am by tonyreyes123

Gotta keep Ersan, dude has been on the Bucks forever.
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.

@xTonyReyes
&
FinallyRelevant.com
tonyreyes123

Rookie
And1: 96

Post#109 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Fri Apr 5, 2013 2:48 am by Garbs_7

Yeah I understand he is a good asset now but if we deal him, we are going to be spending that money on likely a guy who wont give half the effort or even production we get from Ers. I'm actually pretty happy with an Ersan / Sanders frontcourt especially as Larry grows and matures and they get more comfortable together. This is really their first year full time starting together and they have both been pretty damn good, imagine a year or two together.

Sort out the backcourt and wings first, i'm pretty happy with Larry / Ers frontcourt.

www.saveourbucks.com

"Build for the future, not the 8th seed"
Garbs_7

Analyst
And1: 156

Post#110 Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th
Fri Apr 5, 2013 2:53 am by blazza18

Pretty happy he got back to not being **** house. The production from Ersan and Larry is the only positive for me to take out of the season.
trwi7 wrote:I'll cut off my penis.
blazza18

RealGM
And1: 2,343

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks