Max Green wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Irving
Holiday
George
Deng
Pierce
Bosh
Chandler

Those would probably be my East reserves.

I pretty much agree with that list except I would have Jennings over Irving.

I don't agree with that at all. I'd say Irving is the most deserving guard out of anyone to get the reserve and if you want to site records, Williams would get in over Jennings.

I'm sorry but he's led the Cavs to the being the third worst team in the lead with 10 wins, hardly the most deserving guard. I'd put Williams in over him also....
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,893

Re: Brandon Jennings: Eastern Conference Player of Week 

Post#82 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:26 am

Id put Irving in too, but a lack of a good record has cost us a few all stars over the years, so I wont complain too much.

Had this been last year, when I think he should have gotten in, then there wouldnt be an issue.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#83 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 am

Max Green wrote:I'm sorry but he's led the Cavs to the being the third worst team in the lead with 10 wins, hardly the most deserving guard. I'd put Williams in over him also....

I don't see how that's his problem though. Replace him on any of Holiday's, Jennings' or Williams' team and they are better. I don't blame a guy for having bad teammates.

Irving is by far the most talented guard (not starting) in the East. For that alone he should get in. Holiday is putting up the next best numbers and his team technically still in it without their best player, he'd get my second vote. Williams' team is better then Jennings' and he isn't playing great so honestly, I'd put Jennings over him but if you're going to hold Irving to the record game, Williams would get in over Jennings based on their stats being similar and his team being better.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#84 » by xTitan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 am

If you told me I could trade Jennings for Trey Burke I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#85 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:43 am

xTitan wrote:If you told me I could trade Jennings for Trey Burke I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Probably deserves to be in the other thread but I wouldn't complain about that trade.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#86 » by jeremyd236 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:46 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Max Green wrote:I'm sorry but he's led the Cavs to the being the third worst team in the lead with 10 wins, hardly the most deserving guard. I'd put Williams in over him also....

I don't see how that's his problem though. Replace him on any of Holiday's, Jennings' or Williams' team and they are better. I don't blame a guy for having bad teammates.

Irving is by far the most talented guard (not starting) in the East. For that alone he should get in. Holiday is putting up the next best numbers and his team technically still in it without their best player, he'd get my second vote. Williams' team is better then Jennings' and he isn't playing great so honestly, I'd put Jennings over him but if you're going to hold Irving to the record game, Williams would get in over Jennings based on their stats being similar and his team being better.

The "most talanted" and "best" players aren't chosen as All-Star reserves. That's just not how it works.

The Bucks, even though they're at .500, have surprised some people around the league that thought we would be bad. If you look at individual numbers, nobody on the roster really stands out. The analysts and media label Jennings as our leader and the most valuable player on the team (which will likely make the playoffs).

The most valuable player on a 10 win team just should not and will not be more highly regarded than Jennings. Nobody is doubting that Irving is more talented, but that's not how it works.

Edit: For the record, I think Holiday and Jennings will be selected, and I think they deserve it over both Irving and Williams.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#87 » by Max Green » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

There is less then a 3 game difference between us and Brooklyn though, the difference between us, BRK and the Cavs is huge. Irving is talented no doubt, a very good efficient scorer already, but players from Playoff teams will always get the nod over guys on really bad teams, unless they are already an established All-Star.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#88 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 am

jeremyd236 wrote:The "most talanted" and "best" players aren't chosen as All-Star reserves. That's just not how it works.

The Bucks, even though they're at .500, have surprised some people around the league that thought we would be bad. If you look at individual numbers, nobody on the roster really stands out. The analysts and media label Jennings as our leader and the most valuable player on the team (which will likely make the playoffs).

The most valuable player on a 10 win team just should not and will not be more highly regarded than Jennings. Nobody is doubting that Irving is more talented, but that's not how it works.

Edit: For the record, I think Holiday and Jennings will be selected, and I think they deserve it over both Irving and Williams.

And that's where I don't get it. Why doesn't Williams get in over Jennings then in your (and Max's) opinion? He has slightly better stats and his team has a slightly better record. The overall talent of Williams' team is better then ours but if that's the reason then it's quite hypocritical when saying Irving doesn't get in when he is clearly the best player of the four and his teammates are clearly the worst of the four (let alone the entire East or league).
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#89 » by paul » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 am

I can't believe anyone could genuinely think Jennings deserves to be an allstar. I know there are non-deserving allstars every year (Hibbert and Lee in recent times ring a bell) and I understand cheering for the hometown guy, but I can't believe anyone could feel that Jennings actually is deserving.

He's not imo, nor is he particularly close.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#90 » by jeremyd236 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
jeremyd236 wrote:The "most talanted" and "best" players aren't chosen as All-Star reserves. That's just not how it works.

And that's where I don't get it. Why doesn't Williams get in over Jennings then in your (and Max's) opinion? He has slightly better stats and his team has a slightly better record. The overall talent of Williams' team is better then ours but if that's the reason then it's quite hypocritical when saying Irving when he is clearly the best player on the four and his teammates are clearly the worst of the four (let alone the entire East or league).

Because as Max pointed out, the Nets' and Bucks' respective records isn't that different. Maybe that will quickly change. But as of now, I think coaches and the media have to feel that the Nets are underachieving given their talent level.

They have far more talent than we do, and reserves selected are typically for overachieving teams (like some may feel the Bucks are) rather than underachieving teams.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#91 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 am

We'll see I guess.

You want to go by skill and talent (what an all-star should be), then Irving and Holiday should get in.
You want to go by team record along with skill level, Williams and Holiday should get in.
You want to go in on team expectations, talent level etc, I'm not sure how it's not Irving and Holiday again, nobody thought Cleveland would be good.

When factoring in everything my selections would go Irving, then Holiday, then Jennings, then Williams. When you are talking about teams like the Nets or us in this weak East I'm just not sure how records come into play, our records aren't that great. In my opinion if we were at like Indy level and at like 8-10 games over .500 that's when you can start factoring team record when the skill factor isn't even close.

If I put money on it I'd say Irving, Holiday or Williams make it over Jennings though. Irving has the star power and is the young stud in the NBA, Holiday has just been way to solid and Williams would be Brooklyns only shot at an all-star, which the NBA might hand them.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks