Woelfel interviews Dalembert re: Skiles

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Woelfel interviews Dalembert re: Skiles 

Post#1 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 am

Some juicy nuggets here.

Would like to hear the other side of the coin here.

Why do you think Skiles’ attitude toward you changed?

SD: We had a talk briefly at a shootaround; I forgot where it was. I think it was in Boston. After that talk, everything went downhill.

After the game in Chicago, you said Skiles had attacked your integrity in that talk. Can you elaborate?

SD: He told me some different things and I explained to him that I’m a happy person. And the reason I’m happy is I grateful for coming from where I came from, Haiti, and I’m grateful for every single day of my life.

There have also been whispers that Skiles reprimanded you because of some off-the-court incidents, that you were partying too much and not taking your job seriously.

SD: Wow. I was partying too much? Where at? I would like to know where I was partying too much. I know where I go to restaurants. But partying too much? What off-the-court issues do I have? At the end of the day, people can say whatever they want to say.

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/bask ... A0.twitter
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Re: Woelfel interviews Dalembert re: Skiles 

Post#2 » by kebzach » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 am

The 31-year-old Dalembert opened the season as the starting center and was a solid contributor, scoring 14 points on two occasions and 15 points on another in the first eight games.

From what I remember, he was a freking stiff at the beginning of the season.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 am

I don't want Dalembert to see a minute, but that's because I'm pro going young. But purely based on performance he should be in there regularly.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#4 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:37 am

The article does fail to mention when Dalembert came into camp completely fat & out of shape.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#5 » by ampd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:37 am

Very interesting read.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#6 » by kebzach » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:The article does fail to mention when Dalembert came into camp completely fat & out of shape.

I'm sure that was just some sort of miscommunication.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#7 » by ampd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 am

kebzach wrote:The 31-year-old Dalembert opened the season as the starting center and was a solid contributor, scoring 14 points on two occasions and 15 points on another in the first eight games.

He had a few good games (the game where he came in and shut down Hibbert stands out) but he was out of shape and lost on help defense and in the pick and roll. Considering he was acquired for his D and not for his PPGZ!!@!11, its understandable that he lost some PT to Sanders.

The article is more interesting because of the window into Skiles coaching / management style than anything else.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#8 » by kid idioteque » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:42 am

ampd wrote:
kebzach wrote:The 31-year-old Dalembert opened the season as the starting center and was a solid contributor, scoring 14 points on two occasions and 15 points on another in the first eight games.

He had a few good games (the game where he came in and shut down Hibbert stands out) but he was out of shape and lost on help defense and in the pick and roll. Considering he was acquired for his D and not for his PPGZ!!@!11, its understandable that he lost some PT to Sanders.

The article is more interesting because of the window into Skiles coaching / management style than anything else.

I'm not sure I'd give Dalembert too much credit for Hibbert playing terribly against us. He was awful in the beginning of the season.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#9 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 am

On postgame show a week ago, Sparky said he heard that Sammy had a run in with the law. Sparky said he wouldn't disclose what it was, but that after hearing about it, he understood why Skiles benched him. Said he thought it was troubling what he heard.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#10 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:47 am

paulpressey25 wrote:On postgame show a week ago, Sparky said he heard that Sammy had a run in with the law. Sparky said he wouldn't disclose what it was, but that after hearing about it, he understood why Skiles benched him. Said he thought it was troubling what he heard.

I didn't hear the run in with the law part at all. I heard Sparky say he heard some things that happened with him but I don't remember the law being brought into it at all.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#11 » by Max Green » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:12 am

I don't think it was to troubling since Sparky was and still is campaigning for Daly to start over Larry.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#12 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 am

Max Green wrote:I don't think it was to troubling since Sparky was and still is campaigning for Daly to start over Larry.

No, Sparky seemed pretty put off by whatever it was. If I remember correctly he said someone along the lines of "Dalembert may not even be on my team if what I heard is true".
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#13 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:23 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:On postgame show a week ago, Sparky said he heard that Sammy had a run in with the law. Sparky said he wouldn't disclose what it was, but that after hearing about it, he understood why Skiles benched him. Said he thought it was troubling what he heard.

I didn't hear the run in with the law part at all. I heard Sparky say he heard some things that happened with him but I don't remember the law being brought into it at all.

Same here
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#14 » by Max Green » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:23 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Max Green wrote:I don't think it was to troubling since Sparky was and still is campaigning for Daly to start over Larry.

No, Sparky seemed pretty put off by whatever it was. If I remember correctly he said someone along the lines of "Dalembert may not even be on my team if what I heard is true".

When was this?
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#15 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Yep
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#16 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:25 am

I checked ccap. No record for Daly
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#17 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 am

mlloyd10 wrote:I checked ccap. No record for Daly

Sen Kohl can still make things go away.

Local news barely reported on Larry Sanders dogs being taken away from him by animal control.

TJ Ford had drugs & parphenalia found in his condo back in the day. No charges.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#18 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:30 am

Joe Smith incident.

Herb Kohl is Mr Wolf from Pulp Fiction. He's got a hotline to the police chief's office.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#19 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 am

Max Green wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

When was this?

Not exactly sure what post game show it was.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#20 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 am

Totally forgot about the Joe Smith deal. I believe it was with a woman at a hotel. Bob Simmons had that incident at the nightclub in MKE too and that kind of went away.

The 2 things I took from this article are Woelful is still trying to find every anti-Skiles angle he can find. Clearly didn't like the guy. And the second thing is it seems pretty clear our guys didn't care for Skiles that much. Besides Jennings a little bit, you didn't hear anybody really critique the move or seem unhappy. I never even heard a comment from Monta.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks