ImageImage

ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Re: ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies. 

Post#221 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:27 am

Gasol is finished. A trade for him just reeks of desperation. You really think he'll have more success here than he would in LA? What logic is there behind that? He's 32, paid 20 mil a season, averaging 12 and 8 on 43% shooting, has arthritic knees, has plantar fasciitis(remember that stuff Bobby Simmons had?), and just got benched for Earl freaking Clark. The worry he may pout if he gets traded is just the cherry on the top. I seriously think he's on his way out of the NBA.

How about Stephan Curry tho, sure wish there was a way we could of gotten him...
FREE GIANNIS
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#222 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 am

I don't believe Gasol's done. I think we trade for him an he's easily our best offensive player the next two years. Not sure if that says more about him or our roster though. And I bet he played atleast 130 games this season and next.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#223 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't believe Gasol's done. I think we trade for him an he's easily our best offensive player the next two years. Not sure if that says more about him or our roster though. And I bet he played atleast 130 games this season and next.

Yeah if his foot is ok he's still excellent. I'd still only do Ellis and Gooden for him though. He's just paid too much. I'd obviously throw in any/all of our crappy vets too. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#224 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:16 am

What are you basing that on? Gasol's decline started before D'Antoni was coach. He was garbage in the playoffs last season. Are his injuries not real? I see no way to reasonably assume that Gasol will revert back to prime form other than wishful thinking.
FREE GIANNIS
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#225 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 am

JayMKE wrote:What are you basing that on? Gasol's decline started before D'Antoni was coach. He was garbage in the playoffs last season. Are his injuries not real? I see no way to reasonably assume that Gasol will revert back to prime form other than wishful thinking.

He was brilliant in the Oympics then got injured after that. I have no idea of his current status. If his P-F clears up he's still a gun.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#226 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 am

JayMKE wrote:What are you basing that on? Gasol's decline started before D'Antoni was coach. He was garbage in the playoffs last season. Are his injuries not real? I see no way to reasonably assume that Gasol will revert back to prime form other than wishful thinking.

Prime? No. Prime Gasol was a 20/10 player on near league leading efficiency. I could easily still see him being 18 and 10 on average to slightly better then average efficiency. Gasol is a low block player at this point in his career. This season and last he was forced to play out of position because of Bynum and Dwight are likely the #1 and #2 players in the low block. Putting him in the post next to Larry or Ersan/Henson would place him where he belongs. Gasol averages about twice as many long twos then previous years and that is by design, not where he should be. Him shooting threes like he's been asked to do is laughable. And yes, I don't think the injuries he had were completely legit, I think a lot had to do with him milking them because his vagina was hurt.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#227 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 am

AussieBuck wrote:

He was brilliant in the Oympics then got injured after that. I have no idea of his current status. If his P-F clears up he's still a gun.

Playing well in the Olympics really is meaningless when it comes to the NBA. Hamed Haddadi and Carlos Arroyo were studs in past Olympics too. It's just a different game. A week or two of games after taking a month or two off to rest your nagging injuries certainly help as well. An 82 game schedule + playoffs in the NBA is just far and away different from that.
FREE GIANNIS
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,754

Post#228 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 am

Harden scores 29 despite going 5-20 from the field including 0-5 from three.

Such a great player. Imagine a guy with his intelligence and mindset in the body of a T-Mac.

Cousins since his suspension:

The Kings are 7-6 during that time. He's had a TS% of .539 during that time as well. That doesn't include last night when he went for 29 and 13 on 17 shots.

How bad is Thomas Robinson? Holy ****!
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#229 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 am

Since being benched Cousins is putting up 20 and 12 on 54% TS%. Wonder if that's the kick in the ass that jumpstarts this guy.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#230 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:40 am

Still think the Kings are a bad fit for him.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#231 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 am

JayMKE wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:

Playing well in the Olympics really is meaningless when it comes to the NBA. Hamed Haddadi and Carlos Arroyo were studs in past Olympics too. It's just a different game. A week or two of games after taking a month or two off to rest your nagging injuries certainly help as well. An 82 game schedule + playoffs in the NBA is just far and away different from that.

Not sure about Arroyo but Haddadi wasn't at all good. I called him flopping in the NBA at the time too. You can't have watched much of the Olympics if you think Pau's play was meaningless.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Ayt
RealGM

Post#232 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Since being benched Cousins is putting up 20 and 12 on 54% TS%. Wonder if that's the kick in the ass that jumpstarts this guy.

LOL. I edited my post to include some info about Cousins while you were typing this. Nice timing this late at night. :D
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#233 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 am

blazza18 wrote:Still think the Kings are a bad fit for anyone.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#234 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Still think the Kings are a bad fit for anyone.

Even Seattle?
blazza18
RealGM

Post#235 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 am

:lol: I was going to say specially Sacramento.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#236 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 am

This Lakers season has been glorious. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a season more by a team that isn't a favorite of mine in my entire life.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#237 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 am

Ayt wrote:This Lakers season has been glorious. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a season more by a team that isn't a favorite of mine in my entire life.

One of my favorite parts is they don't even have their first shot at a lottery pick in a while, they traded it for Nash :lol: .
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#238 » by paul » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 am

Ayt wrote:This Lakers season has been glorious. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a season more by a team that isn't a favorite of mine in my entire life.

Seconded lol.

Also I know he still gets numbers, but unless teams just flat out go to sleep on him like we did Dwight really is just a guy this season.
blazza18
RealGM

Post#239 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 am

Dwight is just one big underachiever.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#240 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:37 pm

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... wing-fouls
What Abbott found was that one of the most glaring changes to the game in recent years has come at the free throw line. "Free throws are more rare than ever. There are 22.3 per game on average this season, which is the lowest level in NBA history," Abbott wrote. "And it's not a one-year aberration. The second lowest year ever was last year. Every season since 2008-09 is in the top 10 all-time for fewest free throws."

Why is this relevant to Harden, you might ask? Because free throws are a huge reason the former Oklahoma City sixth man has turned into one of the league's top scorers in Houston this season. Harden, a relentless penetrator and skilled left-handed finisher, is currently fifth in the league in scoring (25.8) right behind LeBron James, and it just so happens that he also is tied with Dwight Howard for the league lead in free throw attempts per game (9.8).

According to Synergy Sports Technology, 15.7 percent of Lillard's offense comes via the isolation play, and what many may not realize is that he is one of the league's best in that type of play. His 0.976 points per play ranks right ahead of Kevin Durant (0.974), and trails only Kyrie Irving (1.055), LeBron James (1.009) and Jrue Holiday (0.981) among players who have attempted a shot out of an iso at least 100 times this season.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks