ImageImage

ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Re: ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies. 

Post#181 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:47 pm

I doubt any Kings are moved before the offseason. The new ownership+GM+coach are going to want to get a better feel for their guys and the hiring process has barely started, plus the move fight will be a huge distraction which gives them an excuse to tank the rest of the season for a high pick, etc.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#182 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:48 pm

woah Varejao done for the year
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#183 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:50 pm

DocHoliday wrote:I doubt any Kings are moved before the offseason. The new ownership+GM+coach are going to want to get a better feel for their guys and the hiring process has barely started, plus the move fight will be a huge distraction which gives them an excuse to tank the rest of the season for a high pick, etc.

Yeah I don't disagree. It would be a longshot and I would guess Sacto would try to dump a contract in the process.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,887

Post#184 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:59 pm

DocHoliday wrote:woah Varejao done for the year

Blood clot in the lung :o
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#185 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:woah Varejao done for the year

Blood clot in the lung :o

Yikes, that can't be good. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Cleveland in the midst of a tough year. I thought they could've been a sleeper to make the playoffs this season.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,777

Post#186 » by Ayt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Is Minny going to win another game with that current roster today?
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#187 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Hawks getting hammered by the Wolves and MVP Chris Johnson. Nothing much to blow up there but you might be able to get one of their many wings.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#188 » by ackypoo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm

hawks look real bad without lou.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#189 » by Ayt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Nebula1 wrote:From the WT:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... To_Lockout

LeBron James commented on Twitter about the sale of the Sacramento Kings to a group from Seattle for a valuation of $525 million.

"So the Kings getting sold for 525M!!" wrote James. "And the owners ain't making no money huh? What the hell we have a (lockout) for. Get the hell out of here."

James has over seven million followers on Twitter.

"I do know Mayor Johnson and the city/fans of Sacramento will do whatever it takes to keep the team put. We'll see what happens."

Interesting commentary from Lebron.

He's right. The lockout was a joke.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#190 » by Ayt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:03 pm

RandyBreuer wrote:fair enough, I like the Harden trade and maybe they will deal for Randolph...we can agree to disagree on Lin and Asik living up to their on the court contracts. We all know what Lin brings off the court $$.

Asik is a gigantic bargain at 8.4M per year.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,053

Post#191 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 pm

I remember the podcast from November 2011 where Simmons was talking with Bucher and Stein and one or two of them didn't feel the Hornets would sell quickly. And if so the price would be low, like $325mm.

Obviously the Seattle market is "overpaying" if that is possible, in order to get this done and done fast with minimal PR hits. That said, no question the new CBA has to be a huge success story with the owners to get these type of valuations.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#192 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:10 pm

The purpose of the lockout was to make sure the owners don't make ANY money? Revenue splitting is one thing - but you cannot dictate or complain about people making money by selling something that they OWN.

Also, unfortunate news for Varejao, however the Cavs are definitely the favorite in the league regarding the tanking outlook. A top 5 pic will look nice next to Irving and Waiters.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#193 » by Ayt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:The purpose of the lockout was to make sure the owners don't make ANY money? Revenue splitting is one thing - but you cannot dictate or complain about people making money by selling something that they OWN.

Also, unfortunate news for Varejao, however the Cavs are definitely the favorite in the league regarding the tanking outlook. A top 5 pic will look nice next to Irving and Waiters.

Nobody said that. Not even LeBron.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#194 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Ayt wrote:
jeremyd236 wrote:The purpose of the lockout was to make sure the owners don't make ANY money? Revenue splitting is one thing - but you cannot dictate or complain about people making money by selling something that they OWN.

No, he didn't say that. But he said "the owners ain't making no money?" implying the owners ARE actually making money. Which is absolutely irrelevant to the conflict in revenue splitting considering the Maloofs SOLD a team that they OWN.

Should the CBA be adjusted to say owners can't sell their teams for a profit? What an idiot.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#195 » by Ayt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:18 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:
Ayt wrote:

No, he didn't say that. But he said "the owners ain't making no money?" implying the owners ARE actually making money. Which is absolutely irrelevant to the conflict in revenue splitting considering the Maloofs SOLD a team that they OWN.

Should the CBA be adjusted to say owners can't sell their teams for a profit? What an idiot.

He was talking about the argument being made by the owners prior to the CBA. Also, sale value was very much a large part of the CBA negotiations.

Did you follow this at all? LeBron is the idiot?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,053

Post#196 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:25 pm

As a whole, the owners got a great deal with that last CBA on the money side.

On the the competitive balance side? A few small improvements. Small market franchises? They got paid off enough to keep them quiet.

Max players? They still need to make their real coin with endorsments since LeBron is 40x the player Rudy Gay is, even though Gay actually makes more.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#197 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Indy wins in Memphis. 10 games over .500.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#198 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Indy has really turned it around and may be a factor in the East like originally expect pre-Granger injury. I didn't foresee them doing this well at this juncture, especially with how they started. Remember when we had them down 30 early in the season? Seems like ages ago.

And no way we catch them for the division. Chicago we may unless Rose actually does comeback. I assume he does at some point.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#199 » by gbmb34 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:04 pm

6 weeks ago, Granger was going to have to save the Pacers. Now there is the possibility that he wrecks them like Amare. I wouldn't give up on catching Indy just yet.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,781

Post#200 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 pm

gbmb34 wrote:6 weeks ago, Granger was going to have to save the Pacers. Now there is the possibility that he wrecks them like Amare. I wouldn't give up on catching Indy just yet.

I don't see it. The past few seasons Granger clearly did not hurt them like Amare did to the Knicks.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks