ImageImage

ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Re: ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies. 

Post#21 » by emunney » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:25 am

Of course, we'd still have Jax and wouldn't have Udoh or Ersan.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#22 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 am

emunney wrote:Of course, we'd still have Jax and wouldn't have Udoh or Ersan.

So we'd have an expiring instead of Ersan and Curry instead of Udoh and Monta. Sounds awful.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM

Post#23 » by emunney » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:35 am

You'd have Curry for as long as he can stay on a perfectly level surface anyway.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,044

Post#24 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:36 am

blazza18 wrote:Its precautionary, no point risking anything.

Correct. He'll could play tonight if he had to.

In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#25 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:38 am

emunney wrote:You'd have Curry for as long as he can stay on a perfectly level surface anyway.

And I think as long as Curry didn't retire at some during the season there would be one point where Monta had more value then him, injured or not.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#26 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 am

Bulls are now 7 games over .500 and the Pacers 8, there is no hope at all of catching them.

Also, Kyle Lowry with 26 and 7, 21 points on 7 shots last night. I think it's a huge overstatement to say Jennings is a much better player then him.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#27 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Its precautionary, no point risking anything.

Correct. He'll could play tonight if he had to.

ha. exactly :lol:
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,239

Post#28 » by Sigra » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 pm

In that trade rumor thread when we discused Curry or Monta, someone posted pictures of Curry's foots when he moves, jumps and shoot. It was rather clear at that very moment that he will always have trouble with ankles.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#29 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Last night during the Warriors game they said his ankle was nothing to worry about.

Until this report this morning.

Out indefinitely.

Meanwhile there has not been a single update on Bogut's progress with any substance.

Stephen Curry is out indefinitely with a sprain of his right ankle that was sustained in Wednesday's shootaround.

"I haven't had a sprain in two-and-a-half months, so my ligaments are as probably the healthiest they've been," Curry said. "Just have to wait and see how they recover. "

"I haven't been in this situation for a while. I don't know if it will be a fast or slow kind of deal just because after two surgeries and all that process, it finally had the time to cool down. So we'll see tomorrow."

X-rays came back negative.

Curry's ankle had been a nonissue the first 36 games of the season.
Via Marcus Thompson II/San Jose Mercury News
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#30 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Bulls are now 7 games over .500 and the Pacers 8, there is no hope at all of catching them.

Also, Kyle Lowry with 26 and 7, 21 points on 7 shots last night. I think it's a huge overstatement to say Jennings is a much better player then him.

Yep, both are better teams now and aren't at full strength yet. Bucks will end up 7th or 8th seed. Maybe 9th if Bynum somehow comes back soon and they go on a run.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#31 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Meanwhile there has not been a single update on Bogut's progress with any substance.

I would doubt he's going to play until after they go in and scope that ankle again. With a microfracture, you really have no clue whether it worked or not unless they go into the joint and take photos of the area. The goal was for scar tissue to form up over the exposed bone where the cartilage was torn. But sometimes the scar tissue doesn't grow or the newly created scar tissue itself gets torn away with use of the joint. The tearing away could occur right after the procedure or years later.

Since you can't tell from an x-ray or MRI whether Bogut still has the new scar tissue there, I'm sure it is driving him nuts as to whether the operation worked. So he has no clue as to whether or not any pain he feels down there is simply from inactivity due to the procedure or exposed bone if the newly created MF scar tissue pulled away. That's why I'd guess he'll keep resting but ultimately want them to go in and scope so he has a clear answer as to what the source of his pain his.

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,133

Post#32 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 pm

emunney wrote:Stephen Curry out after spraining his ankle in shootaround.

Now they're saying "out indefinitely." Remember how much frustrating it was for Bogut to be in and out of the lineup? This is exactly why the Bucks passed on Stephen Curry. It was just a matter of time. I'm glad its not our headache.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#33 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Also, Kyle Lowry with 26 and 7, 21 points on 7 shots last night. I think it's a huge overstatement to say Jennings is a much better player then him.

I agree. Both guys are capable of getting hot for stretches. The issue isn't whether or not Brandon is a lot better than Lowry but what the value is. Lowry at $5.6 million a year is paid exactly right. Brandon at that same number would be paid exactly right as well IMO. But at $10 million a year? Then Jennings becomes Cutino Mobley, Steve Francis, etc.

emunney
RealGM

Post#34 » by emunney » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:14 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
emunney wrote:Stephen Curry out after spraining his ankle in shootaround.

Now they're saying "out indefinitely." Remember how much frustrating it was for Bogut to be in and out of the lineup? This is exactly why the Bucks passed on Stephen Curry. It was just a matter of time. I'm glad its not our headache.

I'm definitely ambivalent on this, as I do feel what you're saying here, but I also think Curry is a terrific player when healthy and there's got to be a chance that this either blows over or at least isn't defining for him. Ultimately, I think the Bucks made the right call, but should have followed it up with an immediate Monta trade.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#35 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I'm glad its not our headache.

Yeah, instead it's a healthy Monta Ellis.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,133

Post#36 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:I'm glad its not our headache.

Yeah, instead it's a healthy Monta Ellis.

Whats funny is a healthy Stephon Curry was the last thing the "Bogut-trade-was-the-worst-in-NBA-history" crowd could cling to. Cue the "should've traded Bogut to the Rockets" thread in 3...2...1...
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#37 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Whats funny is a healthy Stephon Curry was the last thing the "Bogut-trade-was-the-worst-in-NBA-history" crowd could cling to. Cue the "should've traded Bogut to the Rockets" thread in 3...2...1...

And Curry has been playing well all season (has the Warriors as a much better team than the Bucks), and Monta has been a massive net negative for us, we'd be better off with him not playing. So this one Curry injury completely negates everything? I've said this all along and I'll still say it, I'd still do the trade over again today, and hope Curry gets healthy. If we turn Monta into a nice return at the deadline, then I'll change my tune. But I'll believe that when I see it. The Bogut trade was awful at the time and still is.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#38 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Yeah, I'm getting some schadenfraude here on behalf of the Warriors situation.

As the endless debate continues, yes the Bucks could have taken Curry or taken what ended up being that Rockets #14 pick. But at the end of the day at least the Bucks made a good choice even if it wasn't the best choice.

The odds that two teams, much less one would step forward while Bogut was on the shelf with a major injury and actually offer good asset packages was remote. The odds that the Bucks would finally decide to move on from the Bogut era was remote.

But we did. And we got real assets. And playing time for Larry Sanders. Let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good since we don't get even good trades from this organization most of the time.

It isn't the fault of the particulars of that deal that the Bucks so far have kept Monta and decided to pair him with Jennings. That is a separate issue of front office mismanagement.

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,060

Post#39 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

I would doubt he's going to play until after they go in and scope that ankle again. With a microfracture, you really have no clue whether it worked or not unless they go into the joint and take photos of the area. The goal was for scar tissue to form up over the exposed bone where the cartilage was torn. But sometimes the scar tissue doesn't grow or the newly created scar tissue itself gets torn away with use of the joint. The tearing away could occur right after the procedure or years later.

Since you can't tell from an x-ray or MRI whether Bogut still has the new scar tissue there, I'm sure it is driving him nuts as to whether the operation worked. So he has no clue as to whether or not any pain he feels down there is simply from inactivity due to the procedure or exposed bone if the newly created MF scar tissue pulled away. That's why I'd guess he'll keep resting but ultimately want them to go in and scope so he has a clear answer as to what the source of his pain his.

Ol Bogey gonna miss his big return to MKE next weekend. I think this guy may be done for the year again.

And I also agree we're not going to catch the Bulls or Pacers. But I do think we could at least be in play for 5-6 seed. I don't think Boston is much better than us, Philly has shown nothing (and who knows with Bynum), Hawks are starting to fall fast, and the Nets are probably better but if they start leveling out after the coaching change we'll be around them.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#40 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

The fact that you think we got "real assets" only matters if we actually turn Ellis into something that helps us win games long-term. Because Ellis being here hasn't helped us win whatsoever, and Udoh is a permanent backup big. So in that aspect of the trade, it is still to be determined.

We turn Ellis into something solid at the deadline, then I change my tune. Otherwise, I'd still do the trade over and take Curry's corpse or the Houston deal over what we got. All day every day.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks