ImageImage

ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Re: ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies. 

Post#61 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I honestly think it's pointless to speculate on Ellis's worth. You and I know Ellis sucks all kinds of ass. You would think that GMs running NBA teams would be smart enough to know this. But NBA GMs make stupid trades and hand out stupid money all the time. They look at box score stats and see ohhhh flashy guard. So who in the hell knows what kind of package he'll get.

I agree there, I was more speaking to the scenario where we get crap offers. Not that I fully predict it, just if it happened. Do we still view Ellis as a positive asset in the Bogut deal, if he's both not helping us win and not landing us future assets of worth?

My thought all along and I still am clinging to it is this whole trade is going to be much ado about nothing. Bogut won't play or just an average big, Ellis will be long gone, and in the end the trade does nothing for either team. Now I understand everyone is talking about maximizing assets, etc. I guess for me right now I have to give the Bucks the advantage in the trade b/c Bogut has not done anything for Golden State thus far, it has opened minutes for Sanders, Udoh is at worst an average big man back-up, and you still potentially have an asset in Ellis --- that depends on how you use and if you let him go, you have created cap room.

And I can't imagine Golden State has been happy with the trade. I mean Ellis was an asset last year and they pretty much have nothing to show for it. Yes, he's been addition by subtraction for them but they pretty much have given Ellis (and Udoh with him) away.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#62 » by averageposter » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:07 pm

I also think that decades worth of futility causes die hard fans to undervalue our players a bit, not necessarily in actual worth but perceived worth around the league. The few times I do catch national media speaking about the Bucks its always referencing both back court guys in a favorable light, not the fit of the two but each guy. Perception isn't always reality, we'd like to think that everybody sees what we do. Granted you have to screw up pretty big to draw a negative report out of some of these guys.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#63 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Random thought, but I didn't realize how bad Richard Jefferson's contract is. Making 10M this year and has an 11M player option next season. Woof. On a stat sheet he seems done.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#64 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:39 pm

N8Frog wrote:Random thought, but I didn't realize how bad Richard Jefferson's contract is. Making 10M this year and has an 11M player option next season. Woof. On a stat sheet he seems done.

He's been done for years now. Just a brutal contract. And don't forget that Golden State took that contract for Stephen Jackson. And yes, Stephen Jackson was part of that Bogut deal.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#65 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:He's been done for years now. Just a brutal contract. And don't forget that Golden State took that contract for Stephen Jackson. And yes, Stephen Jackson was part of that Bogut deal.

I think everyone is well aware of both of these facts.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#66 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:He's been done for years now. Just a brutal contract. And don't forget that Golden State took that contract for Stephen Jackson. And yes, Stephen Jackson was part of that Bogut deal.

I think everyone is well aware of both of these facts.

Not so sure about that. I've been in many a debate where SJax's name is conveniently forgotten.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#67 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

Not so sure about that. I've been in many a debate where SJax's name is conveniently forgotten.

Yeah. Golden State didn't want Capt. Jack anywhere near their guys. So they sent $10.5mm of him out for $21 million of RJ. But in the process they got a late first they used on Festus. So it worked out for them.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#68 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:00 pm

i like the comparison of what we got for salmons as a basic starting point of what monta is worth MINIMUM on the open market.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#69 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Yeah. Golden State didn't want Capt. Jack anywhere near their guys. So they sent $10.5mm of him out for $21 million of RJ. But in the process they got a late first they used on Festus. So it worked out for them.

festus for the rest of us?
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#70 » by ampd » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:48 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:But in the process they got a late first they used on Festus. So it worked out for them.

Festus Ezeli is really bad right now. If we picked him in the first round everyone here would hate him. Aside from the Tines level name jokes that he would provide as entertainment value for every time someone wanted to post about him.

He'd need to take a giant leap just to be as good as Udoh at this point.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#71 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Why on earth are the Knicks and Pistons playing on a Thursday afternoon?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#72 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:45 pm

It's really weird the Monta trade value idea. To the smart teams he's likely viewed how we view him. A crappy player who isn't worth the money or the effort of trying to fit him into your team. But you kinda know that there's another Bucks/Det/Was/Sac/Suns/Raptors out there that would give something for him.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,893

Post#73 » by BUCKnation » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Why on earth are the Knicks and Pistons playing on a Thursday afternoon?

The game is in London
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#74 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Andre Drummond is going to be stupid good. I'm not huge on Monroe, but at PF with Drummond backing him, that duo could be dynamite. They still need a really good wing or PG bad though.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#75 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 pm

AussieBuck wrote:It's really weird the Monta trade value idea. To the smart teams he's likely viewed how we view him.

That is the big problem here. We are one of the stupid teams, so we're dinking around with him and trying to make it work with him on the roster.

Morey would have simply had the sidecar deal arranged to send him to Toronto for Lowry or something like that before the draft last summer.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#76 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:06 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Andre Drummond is going to be stupid good. I'm not huge on Monroe, but at PF with Drummond backing him, that duo could be dynamite. They still need a really good wing or PG bad though.

Not as high as I was on Monroe before. Rather then progressing into a Aldridge type guy he's looking more and more like Al Jefferson, if I was Detroit I'd trade him for a similar value guy at another position. Drummond is going to be ridiculous though, he may very well wind up better then Anthony Davis impact wise.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#77 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:Why on earth are the Knicks and Pistons playing on a Thursday afternoon?

The game is in London

That makes a lot more sense. :)
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,728

Post#78 » by Ayt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Drummond really needs to play more.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#79 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Ayt wrote:Drummond really needs to play more.

They are doing their best to absolutely hide the guy and keep a stealth tank going.

No reason he shouldn't be starting and playing 35mpg if no foul trouble.

CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#80 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ayt wrote:Drummond really needs to play more.

They are doing their best to absolutely hide the guy and keep a stealth tank going.

No reason he shouldn't be starting and playing 35mpg if no foul trouble.

If they're tanking why are English, Kravtsov and Middleton getting so little burn.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks