ImageImage

PG: Bucks beat Suns: THE STREAK IS OVER!!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Re: PG: Bucks beat Suns: THE STREAK IS OVER!! 

Post#81 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:55 am

cellomac1212 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Also, you want to talk about the "easy" midrange jumpers and how those are the ones he's missing. The easy mid range jumpers would usually be the 10-15 range jumpers. He has NEVER averaged more then 2 of those any season his entire career! He isn't "missing" those jumpers, he doesn't take them.

I only attributed a 2 ppg increase to his average with the Bucks if he were to make them. I never said he averages a lot of them, I simply said he is missing the jump shots that he normally has a problem with (like uncontested jump shots he misses from the free throw line).

Edit: Still none the less, 2ppg is a huge increase in what you are stating is impossible...

Well technically you said 22 which is a 3.2 ppg increase. Math son.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#82 » by BucksFanSD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:55 am

Let's balance this team by the trade deadline. If we get that starting PF that we need then we might chase Indy or Chicago. Until then it's much too pressure on Brandon and Monta to force something on offense.

Monta and Brandon did well tonight in the second half for the win but we need the front court balance to help them out.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#83 » by ackypoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ackypoo wrote:biggest problem with monta is his inability to get to the line.

This isn't true at all. Unwillingness at times maybe, but he has the ability to, and usually does, get to the line quite a bit.

most of the top scorers in the league get to the line wayyyyyyy more often. and lets all consider, monta is top 15 in scoring this season. holy ****.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#84 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 am

cellomac1212 wrote:This is your typical post: "Monta Sucks..."

I figured it would take a hoe to know how he gets down in the bedroom...

My posts are accurate on Monta. You go way out of your way to defend Monta's **** play that it just becomes a dick slapping and sucking frot fest.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#85 » by cellomac1212 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:01 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Also, you want to talk about the "easy" midrange jumpers and how those are the ones he's missing. The easy mid range jumpers would usually be the 10-15 range jumpers. He has NEVER averaged more then 2 of those any season his entire career! He isn't "missing" those jumpers, he doesn't take them.

I only attributed a 2 ppg increase to his average with the Bucks if he were to make them. I never said he averages a lot of them, I simply said he is missing the jump shots that he normally has a problem with (like uncontested jump shots he misses from the free throw line).

Edit: Still none the less, 2ppg is a huge increase in what you are stating is impossible...

He is shooting those jumpers at better then career average this season! Holy **** you are unbelievable.

Your obviously not comprehending... An easy jumper is not easy because its closer to the hoop, it's easy because it is uncontested. Most NBA players can hit 10-20ft with consistency if it is not guarded. Monta is one of those players. Unfortunately, he is missing those same uncontested shots while on the Bucks. I am not talking about distance from the hoop, I am talking about him missing the few times a game he gets an open look at the hoop. You cannot possibly clarify this with any stat so stop trying. I knew you would do this and this is why I specifically asked you not to try and pull a stat out. Synergy, basketballreference, or 82games, does not measure converted shots that were open or guarded at certain distances. Until they do, you have to actually watch the game (which I know you do) to know what I am talking about...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#86 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 am

ackypoo wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
ackypoo wrote:biggest problem with monta is his inability to get to the line.

This isn't true at all. Unwillingness at times maybe, but he has the ability to, and usually does, get to the line quite a bit.

most of the top scorers in the league get to the line wayyyyyyy more often. and lets all consider, monta is top 15 in scoring this season. holy ****.

He is one of the top 25 guys in the league at free throws attempted. He doesn't get to the line as often as them because they do get superstar calls, but they also play to their strengths and drive a lot more then Monta. You don't see LeBron averaging near 10 shots a game from 16+. Top 15 in scoring and bottom 10 in efficiency in players over 15 points.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach

Post#87 » by cellomac1212 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:

Well technically you said 22 which is a 3.2 ppg increase. Math son.

technically I said almost 19 to almost 22. That could be 18.9 to 21.6 which is closer to 2.7. Still rounds up to 3 if you want to get really technical, but, really wasn't the point at all and I didn't care to actually do the math until you pointed this out... But 2 point increase is plenty fine of an improvement. If it turned to 3 even better...
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#88 » by SkilesTheLimit » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:06 am

Jon: And you know, Jim, you were a rookie when we had the last win here and this one is also significant for both of us....for reasons...."

Hmm...
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#89 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 am

cellomac1212 wrote:Your obviously not comprehending... An easy jumper is not easy because its closer to the hoop, it's easy because it is uncontested. Most NBA players can hit 10-20ft with consistency if it is not guarded. Monta is one of those players. Unfortunately, he is missing those same uncontested shots while on the Bucks. I am not talking about distance from the hoop, I am talking about him missing the few times a game he gets an open look at the hoop. You cannot possibly clarify this with any stat so stop trying. I knew you would do this and this is why I specifically asked you not to try and pull a stat out. Synergy, basketballreference, or 82games, does not measure converted shots that were open or guarded at certain distances. Until they do, you have to actually watch the game (which I know you do) to know what I am talking about...

At what point does an "easy" open jumper become a not so easy one. Bogut passed up many open jumpers because he wasn't a good shooter, Monta shoots them with no remorse. Is he a better shooter then Bogut? Sure, but he is not a good jump shooter, open or not.

And also, I find it funny that I'm debating if Monta can get 2 more PPGZ~!!!!@1~! Give him his one open jumper a game you claim he misses and his shooting percentages are still absolutely garbage and his shot selection will get even worse seeing a ball go in from there. He is just as bad, if not worse, then Jennings with those heat checks.

Almost makes FTW.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#90 » by Max Green » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 am

BucksFanSD wrote:Let's balance this team by the trade deadline. If we get that starting PF that we need then we might chase Indy or Chicago. Until then it's much too pressure on Brandon and Monta to force something on offense.

Monta and Brandon did well tonight in the second half for the win but we need the front court balance to help them out.

I'm hoping we trade for Gasol. Another team that is interesting to watch is Utah to see what are planning to do with Millsap. They have both Millsap & Jefferson expiring after this season but are still playing them big minutes while they have Kanter & Favors....
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#91 » by Max Green » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:Jon: And you know, Jim, you were a rookie when we had the last win here and this one is also significant for both of us....for reasons...."

Hmm...

beyond_the_arc said he heard from one of Jon's friends that he's retiring at the end of the season.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by ackypoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:12 am

if it means anything jennings doesnt get to the line often enough either. as a guard, you simply have to get to the line to be efficient.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#93 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 am

ackypoo wrote:if it means anything jennings doesnt get to the line often enough either. as a guard, you simply have to get to the line to be efficient.

Jennings is atrocious at getting into the lane and converting or getting to the line. Absolutely pitiful.

Monta is one of the best in the league at it.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#94 » by BucksFanSD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:16 am

Max Green wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:Let's balance this team by the trade deadline. If we get that starting PF that we need then we might chase Indy or Chicago. Until then it's much too pressure on Brandon and Monta to force something on offense.

I'm hoping we trade for Gasol. Another team that is interesting to watch is Utah to see what are planning to do with Millsap. They have both Millsap & Jefferson expiring after this season but are still playing them big minutes while they have Kanter & Favors....

I could be wrong but I don't think Pau Gasol has much in him that would make a big difference on any team in this league. He has become very soft for a big man IMO. He did well in the Olympics though. His trade price might be too high considering he's on the decline.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by ackypoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 am

trading for gasol is a huge mistake unless we plan on tanking.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by cellomac1212 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:Your obviously not comprehending... An easy jumper is not easy because its closer to the hoop, it's easy because it is uncontested. Most NBA players can hit 10-20ft with consistency if it is not guarded. Monta is one of those players. Unfortunately, he is missing those same uncontested shots while on the Bucks. I am not talking about distance from the hoop, I am talking about him missing the few times a game he gets an open look at the hoop. You cannot possibly clarify this with any stat so stop trying. I knew you would do this and this is why I specifically asked you not to try and pull a stat out. Synergy, basketballreference, or 82games, does not measure converted shots that were open or guarded at certain distances. Until they do, you have to actually watch the game (which I know you do) to know what I am talking about...

At what point does an "easy" open jumper become a not so easy one. Bogut passed up many open jumpers because he wasn't a good shooter, Monta shoots them with no remorse. Is he a better shooter then Bogut? Sure, but in the he is not a good jump shooter, open or not.

And also, I find it funny that I'm debating if Monta can get 2 more PPGZ~!!!!@1~! Give him his one open jumper a game you claim he misses and his shooting percentages are still absolutely garbage and his shot selection will get even worse seeing a ball go in from there. He is just as bad, if not worse, then Jennings with those heat checks.

Almost makes FTW.

You give him that one shot extra a game, his averages on jump shots improve (closer to career norm) which your first post said cannot happen...

Monta shoots the easy shots with no remorse because he has made a career out of making them. I have seen it for years. The Bucks uniform has become the exception... This should not be an argument simply because I am saying he has been better at these shots throughout the entirety of his career. It shows major agenda on your part by trying to prove me wrong with no possible way of backing it up and it cannot even pass the eyeball test. You think he averaged nearly 20 points a game on nearly 47% shooting for a career just making layups every game? The guy can shoot too. But admittedly, he has not shot well with the Bucks. I personally attribute the biggest difference in percentages to missing the easy shots he normally makes. Thats all...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#97 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 am

I'd take the risk on Gasol. At this stage in his career he's much more suited for the center position and next to Bynum and Dwight he can't play that. He'd have to play along side Larry though but that shouldn't be a problem. Larry can guard almost any power forward in the league and on offense you can easily sit him 8 feet out with Gasol on the block or high post. I think Gasol is a great fit for the team, at worst he's expiring ext season and we likely lose Ersan and/or Gooden's bad contracts.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#98 » by BucksFanSD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:20 am

Regarding Millsap, I wouldn't mind having him at all. I see him adding a new dimension to this team in the front court. Sort of like the Pacers when they added David West.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach

Post#99 » by cellomac1212 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:22 am

BucksFanSD wrote:Regarding Millsap, I wouldn't mind having him at all. I see him adding a new dimension to this team in the front court. Sort of like the Pacers when they added David West.

Probably not a possibility... You should be thinking Al Jefferson if you want to trade with Utah...
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#100 » by blazza18 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 am

Only problem with Millsap is would he resign here ?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks