ImageImage

PG: Bucks beat Suns: THE STREAK IS OVER!!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Re: PG: Bucks beat Suns: THE STREAK IS OVER!! 

Post#101 » by ackypoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 am

cellomac1212 wrote:Probably not a possibility... You should be thinking Al Jefferson if you want to trade with Utah...

jefferson sucks. his offense doesnt nearly make up for his defense.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,680

Post#102 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:32 am

cellomac1212 wrote:You give him that one shot extra a game, his averages on jump shots improve (closer to career norm) which your first post said cannot happen...

HE IS ALREADY **** SHOOTING HIS CAREER NORMS ON JUMPERS. Holy **** you are ridiculous. Maybe you mean "his career norm on easy jumpshots with nobody guarding him and the wind conditions just right after goodnight sleep with a relaxing massage earlier in the day" but I'm just simply not sure at this point. It's ridiculously ludicrous to say this guy isn't hitting his career norms other then on threes which simply were never easy shots for Monta at any point in his career.

cellomac1212 wrote:You think he averaged nearly 20 points a game on nearly 47% shooting for a career just making layups every game? The guy can shoot too. But admittedly, he has not shot well with the Bucks. I personally attribute the biggest difference in percentages to missing the easy shots he normally makes. Thats all...

I don't see how he's missing shots he normally makes when he's shooting the same percentages. Are you telling me he's hitting more shots that he normally doesn't then as well?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#103 » by Garbs_7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 am

I'm not a big fan of his and I know most aren't keen but I think Al Jefferson would look a lot better next to a guy like Sanders. They would be a pretty nice frontcourt on paper at least and I remember Jefferson absolutely killing it a few years ago in Minny averaging 23 / 11 with nearly 2 blocks a game on 50% shooting. Aged a bit since then and I think an ACL injury and some other things but he is still one of the top 5 post players in the NBA, in a league admittedly lacking of post play.

He's only just turned 28 years old so realistically he has at least a good 3-4 high levels left in him, next to Sanders I think he could look good and I would personally rather take the risk on him than a soon to be 33 year old Gasol with a LOT of miles on that body. Utah have been rumoured to trade him a while now and want to get minutes to Kanter / Favors so I think they do it.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#104 » by cellomac1212 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 am

ackypoo wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:Probably not a possibility... You should be thinking Al Jefferson if you want to trade with Utah...

Agreed!
But nothing the Bucks has is going to get them to give up Millsap or even Favors, IMO. If they want to trade with Utah, Jefferson will be the return. Utah will not take Monta as there is no possible way he resigns there and they will need Millsap to try and continue their playoff run... Currently Utah is the 7th seed in the West. If they are to start trading, it will not be with intentions of blowing it up but in making a move that can make them significantly better...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#105 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 am

No thanks to Al Jefferson. He's the Monta Ellis of power forwards. Bad shots, no defense. The only thing I like about him is he is a true expiring and Monta has the possibility of opting in.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by Garbs_7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:41 am

cellomac1212 wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:Regarding Millsap, I wouldn't mind having him at all. I see him adding a new dimension to this team in the front court. Sort of like the Pacers when they added David West.

Probably not a possibility... You should be thinking Al Jefferson if you want to trade with Utah...

Next to Sanders and Moute I think you can hide it, especially if we are sending out Ellis and bringing in a guy with legit size for the 2 I think if anything our D would improve. It's not like the D we are getting there from Ersan / Henson is that much better than what Al would provide. Say we do a 3 way deal where we lose Monta, Dalembert and a pick, I think we could easily bring in Jefferson and a bigger SG (Afflalo, Burks, Morrow etc) and be fine. Monta and Dalembert with their expiring deals will still have value arounf the league I guarantee it. GM's trying to save their job will give up some players to get Monta and it's always going to be a move the casual fan will love.

Jennings / Afflalo / Moute / Jefferson / Sanders with Udrih / Dunleavy / Henson / Udoh is a decent team and is a good shot for 2nd round of the playoffs. We arent going to tank so have to improve this team while we can.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by Garbs_7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:No thanks to Al Jefferson. He's the Monta Ellis of power forwards. Bad shots, no defense. The only thing I like about him is he is a true expiring and Monta has the possibility of opting in.

I know what you are saying but I will take Jefferson's "bad shots" 15 times per game at 49% over Monta's "bad shots" 17 times per game at 39%. It gives our team much better balance and realistically there aren't many better options around the league. Like I said I don't really want a soon to be 33 year old with a breaking down body as our 2nd round saviour...

We would need a 2nd team to balance the bench with Ersan or Udoh to go.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach

Post#108 » by cellomac1212 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:58 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:You give him that one shot extra a game, his averages on jump shots improve (closer to career norm) which your first post said cannot happen...

HE IS ALREADY **** SHOOTING HIS CAREER NORMS ON JUMPERS. Holy **** you are ridiculous. Maybe you mean "his career norm on easy jumpshots with nobody guarding him and the wind conditions just right after goodnight sleep with a relaxing massage earlier in the day" but I'm just simply not sure at this point. It's ridiculously ludicrous to say this guy isn't hitting his career norms other then on threes which simply were never easy shots for Monta at any point in his career.

cellomac1212 wrote:You think he averaged nearly 20 points a game on nearly 47% shooting for a career just making layups every game? The guy can shoot too. But admittedly, he has not shot well with the Bucks. I personally attribute the biggest difference in percentages to missing the easy shots he normally makes. Thats all...

I don't see how he's missing shots he normally makes when he's shooting the same percentages. Are you telling me he's hitting more shots that he normally doesn't then as well?

You are looking way to deep into this... He simply would turn from 40% fg to between 43% and 45%. I don't know why you insist on looking at percentages from certain distances as I simply, for the third time, AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT... One more shot made from 10-15 feet every other game and one more shot made from 15 -18 feet on the games in between would not change those season percentages very much. But in terms of simple field goal percentage, one more shot made a night, that he typically should make (according to his skill set), would bring his fg% back to normal. He is not making that shot and instead of you noticing it, you would rather assume he is incapable. Well you are wrong (or I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, he may not ever be capable of being 45% again because he may not ever make that one open shot again). But I think you are a little premature on your assumption and I also think you are unclear of Monta's skill set as he simply has not shown well on the Bucks.

We had this argument before when you assumed no NBA player feared his jump shot. I countered with there is no NBA player that does not fear his jump shot and that is why he is known as one of the best at making tough shots. If they didn't fear it, they wouldn't contest it. Just tonight's game where he took four contested jump shots that all went in to help you win the game should show you how much teams would prefer he did not even shoot the ball versus allowing him to chuck away... I don't think the complaints on this board would be as huge if his SIMPLE fg% was at 45%, but then again this is RealGM and there is only about 5 players in the NBA that are not criticized here...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#109 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 am

Garbs_7 wrote:I know what you are saying but I will take Jefferson's "bad shots" 15 times per game at 49% over Monta's "bad shots" 17 times per game at 39%. It gives our team much better balance and realistically there aren't many better options around the league. Like I said I don't really want a soon to be 33 year old with a breaking down body as our 2nd round saviour...

We would need a 2nd team to balance the bench with Ersan or Udoh to go.

I certainly don't think Jefferson is better then Gasol. Gasol is a better passer, scorer and defender. He has a much better jump shot and I'd say his post game is better as well. Not to mention Gasol would likely mean you get to dump Ersan on them as well which could very well be a 40 million dollar gift. If I thought Ersan had any value and next season when Jefferson expired we would rebuild I would easily prefer that route but I think we are going to be stuck with Ersan (or like Kris Humphries for him) and an all in move like Millsap to a huge deal next season. Personally, I take the risk on Gasol and dump Ersan. At worst you have a $20 million expiring next season. Also, I'm not sold on the injury to Gasol but I could be wrong, I'm not his doctor.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#110 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 am

cellomac1212 wrote:I countered with there is no NBA player that does not fear his jump shot and that is why he is known as one of the best at making tough shots. If they didn't fear it, they wouldn't contest it.

They don't respect his three point shot at all and to a lesser extent his 20+ foot shots. Even though he's a bad shooter you don't leave him wide open from the free throw line with a tied game in the fourth, that would be foolish. I could probably count 2 or 3 times tonight that he was left wide open for a 20+ foot jumper, a few of them being pull up threes with 20+ seconds left on the clock that Shannon Brown basically laughed in his face for shooting them. They aren't going to sag off him and play for the drive from 15 feet obviously, when he steps out a few feet farther I've seen multiple players this season and last dare him to shoot that jumper, and more often then not he does not make it. Now maybe he made then in Golden State, but I think there's a pretty huge sample size throughout this season and his career that he is not a huge threat on any jump shot.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach

Post#111 » by cellomac1212 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:I countered with there is no NBA player that does not fear his jump shot and that is why he is known as one of the best at making tough shots. If they didn't fear it, they wouldn't contest it.

They don't respect his three point shot at all and to a lesser extent his 20+ foot shots. Even though he's a bad shooter you don't leave him wide open from the free throw line with a tied game in the fourth, that would be foolish. I could probably count 2 or 3 times tonight that he was left wide open for a 20+ foot jumper, a few of them being pull up threes with 20+ seconds left on the clock that Shannon Brown basically laughed in his face for shooting them. They aren't going to sag off him and play for the drive from 15 feet obviously, when he steps out a few feet farther I've seen multiple players this season and last dare him to shoot that jumper, and more often then not he does not make it. Now maybe he made then in Golden State, but I think there's a pretty huge sample size throughout this season and his career that he is not a huge threat on any jump shot.

Definitely would make you pay if you left him open in Golden State. He shoot 40% from the three point line for over half the season when he averaged 25 a game.... I don't think his shot has been the same since the lockout. Also remember, Nellie ball was built around taking a shot the second it opened up. I think he is missing these types of shots now as he is a little hesitant to take them due to different coaching philosophies. I'm with every other fan when it comes to him taking bad low percentage shots. I cringe at them too. But I think our ideas of Monta's low percentage shots differ massively as most Bucks fans think him pulling up for a wide open 18 footer being a bad shot for him. I personally do not think he has ever had a problem with that shot until after the lockout. So total, his shot has been struggling for about 1 year worth of basketball games... BTW, most people get better at shooting as their career progresses and the athleticism starts to slow. I have no reason to believe Monta will not follow that trend...
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#112 » by blazza18 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:43 am

Monta's FG% has dropped considerably the last 2 seasons. And is now under 40% this season. But yes I'm sure as he gets older it will improve. Dude just takes some dumb shots.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#113 » by ampd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:47 am

I am fine with Monta taking open mid range shots within the offense. He seems to be most effective at hitting them when he is coming off screens.

Where I draw the line is when he actively looks for that 18 footer early in the shot clock, or else over dribbles and then shoots it coming off a screen with no attempt to run the offense, no attempt to get a better shot for himself or a teammate, and no attempt to take it to the basket.

He is actually a very effective drive and dish guy, and we have all see him make pretty interior passes to our bigs. I'd love to see him look to do some of that more often rather than settling for the jumper so early on in the clock. He can get enough space to get off his free throw line jumper whenever he wants. One of the bad ways he and Jennings are similar is that neither of them is very consistent about knowing when they should actually do it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#114 » by blazza18 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 am

I don't think anyway can change Monta's game now. He is what he is.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#115 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:56 am

blazza18 wrote:I don't think anyway can change Monta's game now. He is what he is.

Maybe if he had a guy like Phil or Pop but Skiles or Boylan sure aren't going to get him to do it. I mean, Nelson was one of the best coaches (and fit his style of play perfectly) and he barely listened to the guy. He went on record as saying that Monta could be one of the best point guard in the league if he was just willing to try or something along those lines, Monta obviously is not very open to change.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#116 » by DanoMac » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:14 am

cellomac1212 wrote:
ackypoo wrote:

Agreed!
But nothing the Bucks has is going to get them to give up Millsap or even Favors, IMO.

First of all, the way you say this, you make it seem as though Favors is worse than Millsap, or that Utah would be more inclined to trade Favors. Not the case my friend. No 2, or probably 3, players on this roster would be able to get Favors. Utah pretty much traded Deron Williams for him. He is their centerpiece for the future. They're probably going to deal Millsap despite their record because Favors needs more time ASAP.

Secondly, change your username. I'm the only Mac here.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#117 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am

Monta is an awful on ball shooter. He shoots a crappy flat jumper when he doesn't have his feet set. That's not to say he's useful when open but he's at least better than hilariously crap when he's stationary. Oh and he takes about a dozen jumpers a game despite being terrible at shooting. He's got to be one of the dumbest in a long line of really dumb perimeter players we've had over the years.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#118 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Through 38 (20-18):

O: 26th (102.1)
D: 7th (103.2)
Pace: 6th (93.9)
Expected W-L: 17th (.453, 37.1 wins over full season)
Actual W-L: T-14th (.526, 43.1 wins over full season)
RPI: 16th (.501)
SOS: 19th (.492)
SRS: 17th (-1.43)
PPG Differential: 17th (-1.11)
Hollinger Power Rank: 21st (97.612)
Hollinger Playoff Odds: 8th seed in East, 40-42
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#119 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#120 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Damn, you meesed up that quote sequence. :)

Well obviously Bucks fans at the game are gonna be cheering, and be vocal about it.

But I guarantee you 99.9% of Buck fans could give two sh*ts about that streak, whether it's still active and whether we broke it or not.

Big whoop.

That's what I get for posting from my phone. :)

Well the fan I was referencing was making specific comments about the steak. They showed him (had a huge foam Buck head on) and he said "Go Bucks! Win this game. I've been waiting 26 years for this! I've been waiting 26 years for this!" Clearly he had the streak on his mind. :)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks